Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im at a loss with this football club. Just as things looked on the up after we beat Leicester, we were playing attacking football, scored last minute goals and were unbeaten under Conte in the league....

Then we lose three Premier League games on the bounce. They are so inconsistent, I'm actually just gonna write this season off now and pray to god that the club have something exciting lined up in the summer with getting players out and signing some half decent ones.

It's fucking painful.

We really have built up this loser mentality recently and it will only change when a select few of these players are moved on.

Have a feeling that Doherty will be good today. Come on, you Irish bastard.
no GIF by Atomic Puppet

Well another depressing trip to White Hart Lane. Defensively all over place. Obviously Sanchez is shakey. Dare I say Romero makes us look a little worse, certainly he has an issue defending crosses. Any pressing and we fall apart.
Winks was terrible again. Lucas not running off the ball. Son having a mare. Kulu's touch looks abysmal.
Not really any positives to take from that.
Interested that you say that about Romero from being at the game - I think he looks far and away our most competent defender. Surrounded by two very average players in Davies and Sanchez.

Both him and Kane were ineffective

I would add Hugo to the list today. Usually very steady thsedays but today was definitely back to old Hugo where he used to make one or two stupid blunders about every other month or so.

Just a real shitty rainy day on like 3rd game we played in a week? Not one single bounce went our way. Luckly we have a whole week till City. Hopefully we could regroup refreshed and get back on it.

Well another depressing trip to White Hart Lane. Defensively all over place. Obviously Sanchez is shakey. Dare I say Romero makes us look a little worse, certainly he has an issue defending crosses. Any pressing and we fall apart.
Winks was terrible again. Lucas not running off the ball. Son having a mare. Kulu's touch looks abysmal.
Not really any positives to take from that.
It’s all connected I think. The defenders look shaky, but the midfield sell them short all the time. We have big problems all over the pitch really.

It’s all connected I think. The defenders look shaky, but the midfield sell them short all the time. We have big problems all over the pitch really.
Winks hiding doesn’t help. To be far to him he did try to keep the ball a few times but gave it away.
We need players in midfield who want the ball all the time.

I think I'm done....

If these lazy clowns can't be bothered, why should I spend SIX hours of my day getting there, sitting through it, then getting home. On Wednesday, I missed my connection train and got home at 12.30am
Today it was fucking pissing down, so i got drenched through to the core.

It would be worth it to see a team who can control a fucking football on their first touch. Who don't shit the bed when a ball is put into the box. Who get a one on one and make you feel like there's more chance they score than miss.

Just fuck them.

I'd probably put my season ticket on the ticket exchange more often than not at the moment but attendance is so badly down I can't even sell it.

I'm also in the conundrum of having to choose between going to see that miserable bunch of ***ts or stay at home and get fucking nagged into spending all day at bluewater, or the inlaws or something fucking awful.

I may not be able to run very fast/far, can’t make a decent pass further than 5 yards, or even be able to kick a ball very far, Levy you balded cnut, how about signing me? I’d love to steal a living!
I was playing 5 a side in the summer after not having played since my school days, and I used all the not tracking back I watched at Spurs as motivation to do better, which funnily enough I did!

TBF to Sanchez, I did scuff quite a few clearances, but tbf to me, I wasn't wearing my glasses.

Been that way for roughly 3 years.

Romero / Dier / Davies looked like it would suitably tide us over for the 2nd half of the season, but the absense of Skipp & Dier continues to hit us hard.

Fuck knows what was up with Hugo today though.... He'd been quality this season until today.

It's worrying that we're getting worse. Are these players really so uncoachable? It's clear we need a mass clearout but who the hell takes half these players?

They truly are a bad bunch of players. And if the limited selection of decent ones have an off day, then the whole team looks worryingly bad.

People have been having I right go at PEH lately, but at least he gets stuck in. Winks was fucking awful the last 2 games. Just shockingly bad but gets 180 minutes.

I wanted Bentancur in today but I didn't want Doherty, Sessegnon and Winks in as well.
I'd have swapped Winks for Bentancur and started with that tbh.

Fed up of seeing Winks hold his hand up not for the ball, but because he DOESN’T want it.
A CM should always want the ball.

I would add Hugo to the list today. Usually very steady thsedays but today was definitely back to old Hugo where he used to make one or two stupid blunders about every other month or so.

Just a real shitty rainy day on like 3rd game we played in a week? Not one single bounce went our way. Luckly we have a whole week till City. Hopefully we could regroup refreshed and get back on it.
Dreading it tbh

Back
Top Bottom