Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I also want to take this opportunity to say Podence is a cheating prick. How much time did he spend on the floor? And yet not once was a physio needed.

It's entirely on us how shit we are, but the timewasting starting in the first half was awful.

Im at a loss with this football club. Just as things looked on the up after we beat Leicester, we were playing attacking football, scored last minute goals and were unbeaten under Conte in the league....

Then we lose three Premier League games on the bounce. They are so inconsistent, I'm actually just gonna write this season off now and pray to god that the club have something exciting lined up in the summer with getting players out and signing some half decent ones.

It's fucking painful.

We really have built up this loser mentality recently and it will only change when a select few of these players are moved on.
It will change when ENIC move on. Had enough rebuilds and it's the same shit. Chelsea maybe was an expected defeat but the way we've played against these teams at home, worst of the lot is today is just a disgrace. They are seriously pushing me to consider spending £1220 on a season ticket. The sheer fuck you fans mentality of levy and enic is worse then that football. How can they charge us the highest priced tickets in Europe for this shit.

Antonio Conte is the wrong manager for this club. Spurs need a more progressive manager in the end.
Sorry mate, can’t agree. There’s only so many managers we can go through before people have to ask if the problem isn’t actually in the dug out. The club has forgotten what it means to be Spurs; “To Dare Is To Do” has become little more than a marketing slogan. There is no adventure.

It will change when ENIC move on. Had enough rebuilds and it's the same shit. Chelsea maybe was an expected defeat but the way we've played against these teams at home, worst of the lot is today is just a disgrace. They are seriously pushing me to consider spending £1220 on a season ticket. The sheer fuck you fans mentality of levy and enic is worse then that football. How can they charge us the highest priced tickets in Europe for this shit.
💯 this. I didn’t mind it when we were always the nearly men but we played with panache and swagger. It was glorious in its own way. This is just utter bilge. There’s no joy. Fuck ENIC.

Dare I say Romero makes us look a little worse, certainly he has an issue defending crosses
Not very big or strong as far CBs go, and doesn't jump very high either. He got bodied by Michail Antonio, and a few others before he got injured. Same problem we had with Toby and Jan imo, lost count of how many headers Toby lost in his last two seasons.

He doesn't seem very communicative, Dier used to always do the "push up" gesture to keep Sanchez and Davies in line, set up walls, set pieces etc. Maybe he'll do better with Dier who can be the physical presence to deal with set pieces and let Romero be the more technical and aggressive player.

If Dier was less slow and clunky, we can push our back line up, and really let Romero loose, knowing that someone else will cover for him when he inevitably loses one of those challenges.

No other was accepted, all hearsay mate. Spurs dithered like they usually do. Read the quotes mate straight from his father. Liverpool come in aggressively with a serious offer and grabbed him

Not many unless you're paying absolutely top whack. Which we don't do.

We'll get the left-overs and deals that are available when the CL teams have had their pick of players.
We will now anyway 👍

Defensively this team is fucking shocking! How the fu#k have we ended up with a squad that consists of so many technically poor, lack of composure, weak minded players like Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Emerson, Hojbjerg, Sessegnon, Doherty, etc? From the first missed pass or opposition attack the said players just fall apart and would rather be anywhere else than playing for Spurs. It’s going to take years to sort this out. How the fuck has Levy let it come to this? In any other top job repeated poor performance combined with year on year regression would lead to the sack. I want to cling to some positives but I’m struggling. Even the manager is making bizarre decisions and cannot seem to fathom that the midfield is getting overrun every game. Is this Club just broken?

Last edited:
He has mastered the art of making sure he’s always unavailable.

He tracks the opposition, not to defend against them, but to make sure he’s being defended himself.

As bad as Sissoko.
I think he’s worse in that respect

Like the poor pass he gave Sanchez who couldn’t control it but Winksyboy throws his arms up transferring the blame

Feel for all of you who went today and Wed. I'm honestly not sure I can be arsed to go for the rest of the season. Just can't bear to watch the likes of Sanchez, Doherty, Winks etc, on the box let alone in the flesh!
Honestly the thoughts of spending 1500 quid on flights accom and tickets next month is killing me looking at that shite today.
I love going, i love the club but its hard to justify that type of money with the rising cost of living nowadays.
They dont make the effort on and off the pitch why should i

Getting to the stage that the only enjoyment I'm getting from going to Tottenham is meeting up with people before the game and the noodles after!!!
Bloody awful performance TBH, hard to remember anything decent.
Just overdosed on chocolate, but don't really feel any better.

Man United have drawn their last two games, Tottenham have lost their last three and West Ham have just dropped points. The top four race is the most open it's been for years.

It's all perfectly set up for Woolwich to finish 8th again.

Paddy Power has it spot on

What the fuck are you on?

TBF you can make a strong argument that he isn’t a good fit, successful, gets the best out of elite players and above all is a short term 2-3 year manager.

We aren’t spending £300m in the summer, by the time we get a squad ready for him he will be gone then we need another rebuild. Poch worked because he is elite as a project manager working with young players.

That Conte might not fit doesn’t reflect badly on Conte it reflects badly on us and ENIC. It suggests only project managers who can developer a squad over time can work under our model.

Do you genuinely think we will beat Boro? Even Jesus would be out of his depth with us. He may be able to turn water into wine but he can't turn Donkeys into footballers.
Boro will be well up for it, that is the concern. Trailing 2-0 today and our players had no urgency about them. When it looked like we could break we instead slowed it down. Nobody making runs, nobody showing for the ball. We show the same attitude as the last two games, and we're toast.

Back
Top Bottom