Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier went because when we had Poch’s system Tippier was simply too slow and constantly got caught in behind making him the weak link of the defence. Under a deeper system like Jose or perhaps let’s see with Nuno that would have been less of a problem.

All our right backs have had issues even Walker. The best full back at their peak I have seen was Rose with us. Let hope Tomiyasu gets done and does the business and Regulion is able to live upto his talent.

When we had both Rose and Walker and there was talk of one of them going , I always hoped it was Rose.

Walker's pace saved us on so many occasions by stopping someone going clean through, usually with an interception and clean up which often wasn't very dramatic and so was forgotten about after the game.

I believe the loss of him and Dembele crippled us.

Christ. They definitely peaked early.
Are You Sure Ashley Olsen GIF

I've always been a big fan of Walker, but he does have brain farts too often. It's annoying because all it is, is a lack of concentration and composure, things he could and should have ironed out of his game years ago.

That's not to say he isn't top class though still, regardless.
There isn't a footballer on the planet that doesn't make a mistake, it's just some players NEVER get called out for it, whilst others ALLWAYS do.

Trippier went because when we had Poch’s system Tippier was simply too slow and constantly got caught in behind making him the weak link of the defence. Under a deeper system like Jose or perhaps let’s see with Nuno that would have been less of a problem.

All our right backs have had issues even Walker. The best full back at their peak I have seen was Rose with us. Let hope Tomiyasu gets done and does the business and Regulion is able to live upto his talent.
I'd argue Walker is (was) a better player than Rose. Don't get me wrong love them both and at their peak, they were the best two FB's in the league (and in the top 10% in Europe) but Rose at his peak still relied on absolute brut force to steamroll his opposite number, Walker was the better passer, better crosser (not his strong suit) but he would make it to the goal-line and frequently cut the ball back to Eriksen or a Kane or Dele coming short. Rose would run over the top of his opponent, literally, he lacked the ball control to go past his man (both were highly physical though. (It's a bit like saying who's better Niomi Campbell or Adriana Lima).

Agree with comments on Tripps, I'd also add he's not suited in a possession team, especially one that builds fro the back, he's so easily pressed and unable to let the ball run across his body and open the pitch up for him to play the ball forwards, a pass to him from CB and/or 'Keeper always went back to where it came from if he wasn't pressed into losing the ball that is.

Have you seen the Olsen twins lately?
Jesus fucking Christ why did you have to bring that to my attention 😂

I know that Women’s looks tend to peak in their early twenties but they’re not supposed to drop off that quickly by the time they’re 30 😦

olsen-twins-met.jpg

Last edited:
There isn't a footballer on the planet that doesn't make a mistake, it's just some players NEVER get called out for it, whilst others ALLWAYS do.

He has loads of sloppy moment though, especially for City. Just because he's usually able to atone for them himself doesn't mean they should just be completely ignored. He shows a lack of composure at times, but of course, he has a ton of great attributes too.

Jesus fucking Christ why did you have to bring that to my attention 😂

I know that Women’s looks tend to peak in their early twenties but they’re not supposed to drop off that quickly by the time they’re 30 😦

olsen-twins-met.jpg

I thought they were both fine looking when they were about 18. They're only a little older than myself. Time has definitely not been too kind to them, though they're both plastered with that much make up in that photo it's hard to say.

I thought they were both fine looking when they were about 18. They're only a little older than myself. Time has definitely not been too kind to them, though they're both plastered with that much make up in that photo it's hard to say.
Drugs innit

their sister is better

Kieran Trippier opens up on his acrimonious exit from Tottenham, revealing how he and his team-mates were 'baffled' at Daniel Levy's transfer decisions - and why he 'KNEW' chairman wanted him out​

• Kieran Trippier has spoken about his move from Tottenham to Atletico Madrid
  • The England international moved to Spain for £20million in the summer of 2019
  • Trippier has revealed he was 'annoyed' at Daniel Levy for offering to other clubs
  • The Newcastle man also says Spurs' downfall is tied to Mousa Dembele's exit
Kieran Trippier has revealed that Tottenham owner Daniel Levy 'annoyed' him by offering him to other clubs a few months before his Spurs exit - and hit out at the club for selling Mousa Dembele in 2019.

The England international was sold to Atletico Madrid in a £20million deal in the summer of 2019 after four years at Spurs, with Trippier's form dwindling in north London.

The defender, who has just completed a January transfer to from Atleti to Newcastle, admitted that he was not at his best level during his final few months at Tottenham, but still took issue with Levy prematurely telling clubs about his availability.

'As a footballer, you're trying to do your best and sometimes things don't go your way,' Trippier told The Athletic. 'It just wasn't happening, but I was still getting picked by Mauricio Pochettino.

'After the Champions League final (loss to Liverpool), it felt like the right time to move on. The media weren't really on my side at the time and maybe I needed to get out of England for a bit just to clear my mind. I never looked back.

'What annoyed me … as you know, people in football speak and there are always rumours, but I know 100 per cent for a fact – and this is what I was most angry about – that two months before the end of the season, Daniel (Levy, the chairman) was offering me to other clubs.

'I knew for certain that was happening, so I knew my time there must be up. I was playing for my team-mates and the supporters, but I also knew I wasn't wanted.'

Trippier also spoke out about why he thinks Tottenham, who have yet to qualify for the Champions League since his departure, have been struggling both domestically and in Europe.

The England international believes the January sale of Belgian midfielder Dembele to Chinese side Guangzhou - which happened a few months before Trippier's own departure - was a 'baffling' decision as he is a player who 'wins you things'.

'For me, the big one was selling Mousa Dembele that January,' he added. 'I think I can speak on behalf of the players who were there.

'In the dressing room, he was an unbelievable person and all the lads loved him, but on the pitch he was the kind of player who would make a couple of per cent difference. That's what wins you things.

'It baffled me that they would sell him. I know he was going to be a free (transfer) in the summer, but with the things we were challenging for, I would have kept him there and then let him go. He was the difference between winning a trophy or not.'

Kieran Trippier opens up on his acrimonious exit from Tottenham, revealing how he and his team-mates were 'baffled' at Daniel Levy's transfer decisions - and why he 'KNEW' chairman wanted him out​

• Kieran Trippier has spoken about his move from Tottenham to Atletico Madrid
  • The England international moved to Spain for £20million in the summer of 2019
  • Trippier has revealed he was 'annoyed' at Daniel Levy for offering to other clubs
  • The Newcastle man also says Spurs' downfall is tied to Mousa Dembele's exit
Kieran Trippier has revealed that Tottenham owner Daniel Levy 'annoyed' him by offering him to other clubs a few months before his Spurs exit - and hit out at the club for selling Mousa Dembele in 2019.

The England international was sold to Atletico Madrid in a £20million deal in the summer of 2019 after four years at Spurs, with Trippier's form dwindling in north London.

The defender, who has just completed a January transfer to from Atleti to Newcastle, admitted that he was not at his best level during his final few months at Tottenham, but still took issue with Levy prematurely telling clubs about his availability.

'As a footballer, you're trying to do your best and sometimes things don't go your way,' Trippier told The Athletic. 'It just wasn't happening, but I was still getting picked by Mauricio Pochettino.

'After the Champions League final (loss to Liverpool), it felt like the right time to move on. The media weren't really on my side at the time and maybe I needed to get out of England for a bit just to clear my mind. I never looked back.

'What annoyed me … as you know, people in football speak and there are always rumours, but I know 100 per cent for a fact – and this is what I was most angry about – that two months before the end of the season, Daniel (Levy, the chairman) was offering me to other clubs.

'I knew for certain that was happening, so I knew my time there must be up. I was playing for my team-mates and the supporters, but I also knew I wasn't wanted.'

Trippier also spoke out about why he thinks Tottenham, who have yet to qualify for the Champions League since his departure, have been struggling both domestically and in Europe.

The England international believes the January sale of Belgian midfielder Dembele to Chinese side Guangzhou - which happened a few months before Trippier's own departure - was a 'baffling' decision as he is a player who 'wins you things'.

'For me, the big one was selling Mousa Dembele that January,' he added. 'I think I can speak on behalf of the players who were there.

'In the dressing room, he was an unbelievable person and all the lads loved him, but on the pitch he was the kind of player who would make a couple of per cent difference. That's what wins you things.

'It baffled me that they would sell him. I know he was going to be a free (transfer) in the summer, but with the things we were challenging for, I would have kept him there and then let him go. He was the difference between winning a trophy or not.'
Fucking hell Frodo! The last time you opened up you were taking shots at Poch, you said he didn't speak to you!! You were shit mate, the first player Poch got out of the door.

We sold Dembele because he was physically done. He wanted to go the year before but we forced him to stay for an extra season and in that season he didn't get much playing time because he was fucking injured, the very reason why he wanted to leave.

Back
Top Bottom