Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

60c39e7bc69b85d079ead0b379af363d.jpg
Please keep posting these every now and again - and take no notice of anyone who tells you to stop (I know you don't anyway!). You're an integral part of the marvel that is TFC.

Hindsight I know, but surely we missed a trick not bringing Tripps back for 12 mil? His dead-ball delivery/threat alone would improve us massively, not to mention choosing anyone who is not Emerson or Doherty for RWB/RB...
:contehandshead:
I bet they're paying him silly money, and the transfer fee would have quadrupled if we were in the bidding!

But yes, I agree, we should have at least tried to bring him back.

Hindsight I know, but surely we missed a trick not bringing Tripps back for 12 mil? His dead-ball delivery/threat alone would improve us massively, not to mention choosing anyone who is not Emerson or Doherty for RWB/RB...
The amount of convertible close free kicks v Wolves he would have thrived on?

Please keep posting these every now and again - and take no notice of anyone who tells you to stop (I know you don't anyway!). You're an integral part of the marvel that is TFC.
Same.

If people are really that bothered they can ignore you. Or get a grip with reality. Fucking hell.

It’s not hindsight at all. We needed a RWB and a guy who won La Liga + is an England regular (in a position they’re stacked) was available for 20 mill or so. He’s also home grown and has played for the club. It ticked every box but the ‘sell on value’ one.

He is leagues ahead of our other options. Maybe his heart was set on Newcastle (money) but doesn’t seem like we made any attempt at all. Maybe partly because accepting we fucked up by selling him in the first place was too difficult.

Please don't Fogueres, I like your back-page posts
Alright lads, let's not get too worked up. I've nothing against fougeres.

I was trying to joke about not seeing another one of RBs doing better without us. In hindsight, I should have been clearer.

fogueres fogueres I like your posts mate, don't feel bad about my other post.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not hindsight at all. We needed a RWB and a guy who won La Liga + is an England regular (in a position they’re stacked) was available for 20 mill or so. He’s also home grown and has played for the club. It ticked every box but the ‘sell on value’ one.

He is leagues ahead of our other options. Maybe his heart was set on Newcastle (money) but doesn’t seem like we made any attempt at all. Maybe partly because accepting we fucked up by selling him in the first place was too difficult.

Trippier has been very honest about how Levy treated him at the end, I don’t believe he would ever want to work for him again.

Trippier has been very honest about how Levy treated him at the end, I don’t believe he would ever want to work for him again.

That’s true, and a shame. He’s a very good player who improved a hell of a lot defensively under Simeone.

Hugely frustrating to have lost him when you look at the money and time we’ve wasted on much worse options since.

Back
Top Bottom