Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Trippier went because when we had Poch’s system Tippier was simply too slow and constantly got caught in behind making him the weak link of the defence. Under a deeper system like Jose or perhaps let’s see with Nuno that would have been less of a problem.

All our right backs have had issues even Walker. The best full back at their peak I have seen was Rose with us. Let hope Tomiyasu gets done and does the business and Regulion is able to live upto his talent.

When we had both Rose and Walker and there was talk of one of them going , I always hoped it was Rose.

Walker's pace saved us on so many occasions by stopping someone going clean through, usually with an interception and clean up which often wasn't very dramatic and so was forgotten about after the game.

I believe the loss of him and Dembele crippled us.

Herclueless

A&C's a cunt, Hercules wanks off cats...
Christ. They definitely peaked early.
Are You Sure Ashley Olsen GIF

Guido

"Legacy Fan"
I've always been a big fan of Walker, but he does have brain farts too often. It's annoying because all it is, is a lack of concentration and composure, things he could and should have ironed out of his game years ago.

That's not to say he isn't top class though still, regardless.
There isn't a footballer on the planet that doesn't make a mistake, it's just some players NEVER get called out for it, whilst others ALLWAYS do.

Guido

"Legacy Fan"
Trippier went because when we had Poch’s system Tippier was simply too slow and constantly got caught in behind making him the weak link of the defence. Under a deeper system like Jose or perhaps let’s see with Nuno that would have been less of a problem.

All our right backs have had issues even Walker. The best full back at their peak I have seen was Rose with us. Let hope Tomiyasu gets done and does the business and Regulion is able to live upto his talent.
I'd argue Walker is (was) a better player than Rose. Don't get me wrong love them both and at their peak, they were the best two FB's in the league (and in the top 10% in Europe) but Rose at his peak still relied on absolute brut force to steamroll his opposite number, Walker was the better passer, better crosser (not his strong suit) but he would make it to the goal-line and frequently cut the ball back to Eriksen or a Kane or Dele coming short. Rose would run over the top of his opponent, literally, he lacked the ball control to go past his man (both were highly physical though. (It's a bit like saying who's better Niomi Campbell or Adriana Lima).

Agree with comments on Tripps, I'd also add he's not suited in a possession team, especially one that builds fro the back, he's so easily pressed and unable to let the ball run across his body and open the pitch up for him to play the ball forwards, a pass to him from CB and/or 'Keeper always went back to where it came from if he wasn't pressed into losing the ball that is.

There isn't a footballer on the planet that doesn't make a mistake, it's just some players NEVER get called out for it, whilst others ALLWAYS do.

He has loads of sloppy moment though, especially for City. Just because he's usually able to atone for them himself doesn't mean they should just be completely ignored. He shows a lack of composure at times, but of course, he has a ton of great attributes too.

Jesus fucking Christ why did you have to bring that to my attention 😂

I know that Women’s looks tend to peak in their early twenties but they’re not supposed to drop off that quickly by the time they’re 30 😦

olsen-twins-met.jpg

I thought they were both fine looking when they were about 18. They're only a little older than myself. Time has definitely not been too kind to them, though they're both plastered with that much make up in that photo it's hard to say.

I thought they were both fine looking when they were about 18. They're only a little older than myself. Time has definitely not been too kind to them, though they're both plastered with that much make up in that photo it's hard to say.
Drugs innit

their sister is better

Top Bottom