Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully this city game showed that Lucas should not be starting every game.

He’s still a useful player to have but I imagine many of those counter attacks would have died once the ball got to Lucas. He’s just too unaware of his teammates and too inconsistent to play 90 each game.

I’d like to see him as an impact sub and think he can provide us a different look in the last 30 minutes of matches.

God it was nice to not have every ball bounce off this (lovable) moron's foot. His departure is long overdue.

Bergwijn and Gil next season is enough for impact subs.

He’s still a useful player to have but I imagine many of those counter attacks would have died once the ball got to Lucas. He’s just too unaware of his teammates and too inconsistent to play 90 each game.

I’d like to see him as an impact sub and think he can provide us a different look in the last 30 minutes of matches.
He played fine the first City game this season and was an instrumental part of why we won that game

He's been overall good this season. He's hit a bit of a rough patch but he'll come good again.

He played fine the first City game this season and was an instrumental part of why we won that game

He's been overall good this season. He's hit a bit of a rough patch but he'll come good again.
Why will he come good? He never brings out the best in others, like Kulu does. He’s a hard worker and creates havoc at times, but he doesn’t fit in a functioning side. Good sub

Why will he come good? He never brings out the best in others, like Kulu does. He’s a hard worker and creates havoc at times, but he doesn’t fit in a functioning side. Good sub
Fair points.

What I was referring to was that he's just been bad over the last month or so.

He was actually pretty good this season before that. His passing, dribbling were all there. Hopefully he regains his form that we saw at the beginning of the season. Conte will figure it out.

He's exactly the player he's always been and will always be. Always dangerous because of his dribbling and enthusiastic work rate, but never reliable when it comes to making correct decisions. Very useful player to have in the squad but a third attacker (Hopefully Kulusesvski) who is less erratic should be the one starting, with Lucas an option to come in if we're lacking that spark.

omg Kulusevski has 1 good game and now he "brings out the best in others" ...you really couldn't make it up.

Last edited:
God it was nice to not have every ball bounce off this (lovable) moron's foot. His departure is long overdue.

Bergwijn and Gil next season is enough for impact subs.
TBF. I've aways felt that players like Lucas who does everything with pace will have a harder time controlling the ball. High risk high reward. I don't fault the players too much becuase it is what it is when you do everyting fast. However, one thing that Lucas should stop trying to do is attempting to dribble past the entire defence... Love the man, appreciate his hard work and dribbling ability but needs to make better decisions.

omg Kulusevski has 1 good game and now he "brings out the best in others" ...you really couldn't make it up.
You could see that straight away from his play ( even the sub appearances) that he passes the ball well and looks to play people in

You just dono get that from Lucas with any level of consistency

Anyone else tempted to try Lucas at RWB against low block teams ?

He very rarely runs in behind anyway and much prefers the ball to feet, with the play ahead of him.

He’s good in the air, works hard and is obviously very fast. He’d also offer infinitely better ball progression than Emerson and far superior delivery.

Obviously defensively we could suffer…then again Cancelo was having a field day against Royal

He very rarely runs in behind anyway and much prefers the ball to feet, with the play ahead of him.

He’s good in the air, works hard and is obviously very fast. He’d also offer infinitely better ball progression than Emerson and far superior delivery.

Obviously defensively we could suffer…then again Cancelo was having a field day against Royal

Maybe but knowing our luck he'll end up playing someone 10 yards onside in the last minute from their only attack for them to score the winner :D

Berg would be a much better proposition than Lucas...... Against a low block Lucas would face the same problematic lack of space to run at as he does at WFwd.....

Stevie has the brains, brawn and technical ability to make it work against a parked bus.

Berg would be a much better proposition than Lucas...... Against a low block Lucas would face the same problematic lack of space to run at as he does at WFwd.....

Stevie has the brains, brawn and technical ability to make it work against a parked bus.
Lucas also gives the ball away almost as much as Winks, which is why end up getting sucker punched so often by lower table teams.

Bergy can reduce that a bit too.

He is a good player but I feel like possession is lost too often when the balls gets to him.

Back
Top Bottom