Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully a Chelsea sale drums up some more interest in purchasing London football clubs.

A certain lillywhite one to be precise.

Granted Levy already seems to be shopping us around a bit based on the news making the rounds these last few months. So maybe this can help push at least a part sale into happening for us as well.

Abramovich is like a rat caught in a trap now, desperately trying to claw his way out. If I had the power I would punish the premier league for allowing him to take over chavski. I would strike ALL their wins from the record since he took charge and I'd relegate them.

Abramovich is like a rat caught in a trap now, desperately trying to claw his way out. If I had the power I would punish the premier league for allowing him to take over chavski. I would strike ALL their wins from the record since he took charge and I'd relegate them.
If Woolwich disappeared tomorrow I'd miss them. Its a historic rivalry and in many ways I respect them. The rivalry in itself defines both clubs I belive it to be the best, most important derby in English football

If Chelsea disappeared tommow I wouldn't even think about it. It would be like the removal of a nagging gum ulcer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You belive that huh...he is making the tanks killing Ukrainian kids.
Abramovic's 29 per cent shareholding in the UK-listed Russian steel manufacturer Evraz.

On 16 February, the share price was £3.30 which valued his stake at about £1.5 billion.

Eight days later, Russian tanks (almost certainly made from Evraz steel) rolled into Ukraine. Evraz’s shares were worth £0.60 pence yesterday!! There has been an uptick of £0.07p this morning most likely sharks gambling on a long term return to a high value, it is more than likely to be worth very little if the War progresses because all Russian shares become toxic and/or excluded to be traded if sanctioned.

So, Abramovich’s stake is now valued at £300 million!! A loss of £1.2b in EIGHT DAYS!!!!

This is also a significant barometer as to the potential value of Chelsea FC. Lots of PR directly from him trying to paint a rosy picture, the good guy, how he has nothing but love for the Club, yet his asking price is said to be £4b (to include the £1.5b debt), not a chance. Apply the same loss metric to Evraz Steel and Chavs are now worth £300m! I would be very surprised if it were to sell that anyone (consortium too) would pay more than £1b.

Abramovic's 29 per cent shareholding in the UK-listed Russian steel manufacturer Evraz.

On 16 February, the share price was £3.30 which valued his stake at about £1.5 billion.

Eight days later, Russian tanks (almost certainly made from Evraz steel) rolled into Ukraine. Evraz’s shares were worth £0.60 pence yesterday!! There has been an uptick of £0.07p this morning most likely sharks gambling on a long term return to a high value, it is more than likely to be worth very little if the War progresses because all Russian shares become toxic and/or excluded to be traded if sanctioned.

So, Abramovich’s stake is now valued at £300 million!! A loss of £1.2b in EIGHT DAYS!!!!

This is also a significant barometer as to the potential value of Chelsea FC. Lots of PR directly from him trying to paint a rosy picture, the good guy, how he has nothing but love for the Club, yet his asking price is said to be £4b (to include the £1.5b debt), not a chance. Apply the same loss metric to Evraz Steel and Chavs are now worth £300m! I would be very surprised if it were to sell that anyone (consortium too) would pay more than £1b.
Thank you Guido. Hope that's clear enough for you Matt1882

Thank you Guido. Hope that's clear enough for you Matt1882

Not really, no. You said he's basically making Russian tanks that are invading Ukraine.

He owns less than a third of a company that makes steel. In Russia. Because he's a Russian. The article says the tanks are, and I quote "almost certainly made from Evraz Steel"
So there's no evidence they are. There's also no evidence that Roman Abramavic has anything to do with where that steel went after it was manufactured.
Did you know that the American made SR71 Blackbird was made from Russian titanium? Yes, the SR71 Blackbird, a plane built in the cold war to spy on the Russians, was made from titanium from Russia. Obviously Lockhead nor the US Government went to Russia and said "Hi Sergi, we'd like to buy some titanium to build top secret planes to spy on you"
That titanium went through multiple purchases long before it ended up being turned into spy planes.

Also, this article quite clearly says Evraz have lost a fucking fortune. Why on earth would a business man willingly want to help a military action at the cost of billions to his company and himself?

Not really, no. You said he's basically making Russian tanks that are invading Ukraine.

He owns less than a third of a company that makes steel. In Russia. Because he's a Russian. The article says the tanks are, and I quote "almost certainly made from Evraz Steel"
So there's no evidence they are. There's also no evidence that Roman Abramavic has anything to do with where that steel went after it was manufactured.
Did you know that the American made SR71 Blackbird was made from Russian titanium? Yes, the SR71 Blackbird, a plane built in the cold war to spy on the Russians, was made from titanium from Russia. Obviously Lockhead nor the US Government went to Russia and said "Hi Sergi, we'd like to buy some titanium to build top secret planes to spy on you"
That titanium went through multiple purchases long before it ended up being turned into spy planes.

Also, this article quite clearly says Evraz have lost a fucking fortune. Why on earth would a business man willingly want to help a military action at the cost of billions to his company and himself?
Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow

Didn't I read somewhere that he sold his shares about a week before the war started?

so if Chelski is frozen as an asset that's it. They'll have no debt to repay, no cash injection, except from legitimate revenue streams. It will continue to operate but the board will take control and he'll have no say while his investment rots. Nobody will be able to purchase it either.

No. I don't think they can trade at all. Nobody can work for them etc.

Could be why the government are holding off on the sanctions. They want him to sell before they are seen to be taking away people's jobs etc. Maybe that's why there is all this talk of a Friday deadline. That's the government one. If he hasn't done it by then then thats when the sanctions will come in?

Only guessing, but it could be the case?

If Woolwich disappeared tomorrow I'd miss them. Its a historic rivalry and in many ways I respect them. The rivalry in itself defines both clubs I belive it to be the best, most important derby in English football

If Chelsea disappeared tommow I wouldn't even think about it. It would be the removal of a nagging gum ulcer.

As I always say, I hate Woolwich because they are our rivals, but I hate Chelsea because I am human.

If for a moment we move to talk of football, the truth is whether it is Anramivich or a person with lesser wealth at their disposal, the result when we play them will be the same

That is the near certainty.

We've beaten the financially doped version of Chavski on numerous occasions so meh.... Bore off.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow

Didn't I read somewhere that he sold his shares about a week before the war started?

Yeah that's right. This is from the Athletic's article today:

For a clue about Chelsea’s value, let us look at what has happened to the value of Abramovich’s other big British investment: his 29 per cent shareholding in the UK-listed Russian steel manufacturer Evraz.

On 16 February, the 55-year-old transferred those shares from an offshore holding company, based in the British Virgin Islands, to himself. A move which should, in theory, make it easier for him to sell them. The share price was £3.30, which valued his stake at about £1.5 billion.

Eight days later, Russian tanks rolled into Ukraine. It has been denied those tanks are made from Evraz steel but some military experts in the West are not convinced. Either way, Evraz’s shares were worth 60 pence on Wednesday and will, most likely, be worth less in the coming days. Abramovich’s stake is now valued at £300 million.

If we were to apply the same value-shredding algorithm to Chelsea FC, last month’s £4 billion price tag should now be at about £800 million.

I can't think of a single Chelsea player or manager that has criticised Abramovich or questioned his links to Putin, a brutal warmonger and dictator who has shown his colours long before Ukraine. All too happy to take basically stolen rubles and help legitimize a tyrant and his oligarchy. All the bullshit about just focusing on the football side rings very hollow. Same at Newcastle. It stinks. I really hope this will start a deep rethink of PL club ownership, particularly where there are obvious links to state actors. That shouldn't be allowed.

Back
Top Bottom