Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

... which should go directly to the the Ukranian relief fund, along with his yachts, private planes, supercars, watches, mansions, offices etc etc.

For Roman's benefit here's the link

Please donate generously.

On a footballing note, I've been waiting for 20 years for the Nazis' gravy train to hit the buffers! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
Don't fall for it. I think that Roman specifically said "victims of the war in Ukraine" and that money isn't actually going to Ukraine or Ukrainians. It's going to end up going to Russian soldiers families or things like that. Roman knows where his bread is buttered, and he's doing this to avoid sanctioning, but he knows full well that if he doesn't handle that properly he could face other problems from Putin that are far more threatening than sanctions.

Maybe I'm just too cynical, but that's my thought.

Don't fall for it. I think that Roman specifically said "victims of the war in Ukraine" and that money isn't actually going to Ukraine or Ukrainians. It's going to end up going to Russian soldiers families or things like that. Roman knows where his bread is buttered, and he's doing this to avoid sanctioning, but he knows full well that if he doesn't handle that properly he could face other problems from Putin that are far more threatening than sanctions.

Maybe I'm just too cynical, but that's my thought.
My thoughts are that these scumbags should have all their assets seized and then be driven to the Belarus border where they should be dumped

It’s going to be very messy over there no matter who takes over.
Good the reckoning has been a long time coming.
Oil clubs next.
Funny that people mention oil clubs when they refer to clubs owned or backed by middle Eastern owners yet Russia is the largest supplier of oil in Europe, the 3rd largest in the world.. and in fact a bigger oil producer than all of the middle Eastern countries other than Saudi. So they are more of an Oil state than Man City's UAE backed founder..

Roman sold an oil company that he owned back in 2005 for over £7 billion..

I fucking hope this bunch of nazi's get bought by an investment company basically like United (or us) and run into the ground for profit. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Edit...

Also this thread has a VERY tenuous link to the Spurs section.

Personally I think it’s all up in the air. We don’t even know who the new owner is going to be, how much they will borrow and how much of their own cash they will pony up. If they need to borrow billions then they’ll be having to pay back huge interest payments each year to banks. I think we pay about £18m a year for our loans and theirs will be much bigger than the ones ENIC took out for the stadium. Probably double or treble that. They have no stadium producing over £120m a year to service those debts. I posted a Twitter thread this morning on a previous page that goes into detail on it. (Edit: and above by ArtyB ArtyB )

Anyway, they won’t be fucked but I very much doubt they’ll be the same. That’s what I’m trying to say. They’ll go back to fighting it out for fourth rather than first. Plus I wonder what rudiger, Azpilicueta and Christiansen will do now about their contract renewals….bet they aren’t so keen to sign up now.
There defence will need a total rebuild which won't be cheap.

You do realise they will get bought by Bezos or some other inhumanely rich entity... money goes to money.
It’s impossible to own a prem club without being stupidly rich, whether they actually want to spend that the way Roman did is a different matter

Will they still proceed with building the new stadium? It's hard to be exact with numbers when we don't know what the new owners plans will be, we don't know how much they will invest in to the club p/a, and we don't know what their long term plans will be. With the price of the club being what it is and the expectations of the fans, the owners will likely be very wealthy and probably pretty ambitious. Until they secure new owners it's hard to talk specific numbers.

They have to seriously consider it if they don't want to be battling FFP and/or plowing £100-150m+ in every year.

Sarri got the boot for not playing Chelsea style football or some other bullshit, and Conte for not finishing in the top four. I think they'd take a few trophyless seasons as long as European football was still on the table.

Point remains:

2015 - EPL + LC
2016 - Jose binned.
2017 - EPL (+ FA final)
2018 - FAC
2019 - EL (+ LC final)
2020 - (+ FA final) Lampard got a pass / TRF ban.
2021 - CL + SuperCup + CWC (+ FA final)
2022 - (LC final)

It depends A LOT on context. Like again the size of the club, where they're at when taken over, and their historical success i.e where do the fans expect the owners to take them. 30 or 40 mill per annum sounds about fair as a decent PL club. The tight owners (ENIC, FSG, Glazers) spend less than that whereas Villa and Evertons spend more.

Well the convo was about a non-doped Chelsea and current Spurs; which presumably would be a similar ball park of expectancy....... Whadya say?

(I have no preconceptions; I'm just not offended by us being self sustaining.)

(*Glaziers is a freak situ...... Mad income.... Spend loads..... Stadium in tatters...... Criticised for milking the club for over 1bn....... Yet 300m reportedly invested in a decade (see above chart).... yet I'd love to know how that all stacks up.)

They have to seriously consider it if they don't want to be battling FFP and/or plowing £100-150m+ in every year.

Point remains:

2015 - EPL + LC
2016 - Jose binned.
2017 - EPL (+ FA final)
2018 - FAC
2019 - EL (+ LC final)
2020 - (+ FA final) Lampard got a pass / TRF ban.
2021 - CL + SuperCup + CWC (+ FA final)
2022 - (LC final)

Well the convo was about a non-doped Chelsea and current Spurs; which presumably would be a similar ball park of expectancy....... Whadya say?

(I have no preconceptions; I'm just not offended by us being self sustaining.)

(*Glaziers is a freak situ...... Mad income.... Spend loads..... Stadium in tatters...... Criticised for milking the club for over 1bn....... Yet 300m reportedly invested in a decade (see above chart).... yet I'd love to know how that all stacks up.)

Depends on how they change the structure of the club. Maybe they lean more on an excellent youth system. Got Broja and Gallagher out on loan now, what are they worth in today's market? 60/70m for the pair at least? Could go that usual Chelsea way or bring them home and sell Lukaku for example.

For us? I'd be happy with about 40m put in to the club p/a. Think that's fair.

You should be, no other owners have put in less than ours. That's shit. We've had times where some extra cash put in to the club could've got us over the line to win big trophies and instead we're sat here as perennial losers having won fuck all since 2008.

I think United just have, as you say, insane income. Biggest in world football I think, or maybe second only to Barcelona. Very little investment in to infrastructure and their spending was lowish during Fergie years.

For a billionaire every photo I see of Abramovich has him with a blank, dopey look on his face. Or with a gormless smile.

He's the most expressionless fucker I've ever seen. Like he's been lobotomised.

Depends on how they change the structure of the club. Maybe they lean more on an excellent youth system. Got Broja and Gallagher out on loan now, what are they worth in today's market? 60/70m for the pair at least? Could go that usual Chelsea way or bring them home and sell Lukaku for example.

Even that Academy is a byproduct of the doping and youth recruitment rule-breaking though.

Yeh, you can sell Lukaku but that's just one year....... That's not sustained income.

For us? I'd be happy with about 40m put in to the club p/a. Think that's fair.

40m p/a would put us above everyone apart from City & Chavski.... Roughly 4 x as much as Liverpool?

Meanwhile we allegedly have the 7th richest owners in the league (with relatively little separating us from 10th).

You should be,

Well that's for any one individual to decide for themselves (see bottom para***)

no other owners have put in less than ours.

Whether it be Newcastle (-29m) or the fact that United's owners rinsed the club for 3 or 4 times more profit than they put in and leveraged their purchase as a club as CLUB debt. Either way, that's not a true statement.

Arse have invested close to fuck all over that 10 year period too.

Additionally whilst I don't know the split over the last decade; Wolves, Leicester & Villa blew a stack to buy their way out of the champo (including unpunished FFP breaches!).... Winning the promotion lottery is it's own immediate payback on investment in those instances.... It's more lucrative than winning the league or the CL.... Twice as so if you can scrape survival the following year!

Ditto most of that Leeds spend is likely them trying to drag themselves out of the champo. Ditto Sheff Utd, WBA.

How much of that Brighton investment is stadium & infrastructure? Most; I'd dare to say.

Liverpools net-spend is pretty much the same as ours and Arse, so their investment is largely attributable to the stadium work they've had done too.

The whole WHam situ is an utter piss-take considering what they've scammed for free.... They also make interest-profit on the loans they made to the club when they took over.

Point is; drill into each case as much as we do our own situ and each has it's own stories and caveats.

I bet Moshiri looks at us and feels like a right fucking mug! Much like Villa's will if they can't crack into Europe in the next year or two. .......Yet at the same time our own fans call us a "joke"

(***)
Regardless the reason that it doesn't offend me is I don't want to see this sports operate as a battle of the cheque-books.... It's puerile and soul-less and continues to wreck the game (look at the mess that the champo is in!)..... FFP if enforced genuinely and punished accordingly can only (and should have) improve(d) the game. Finally anything we do achieve; be that a cup or our new home is OURs..... 100%; no bullshit... No caveats..... Fan support and genuine, organic growth and achievement.

Maybe that's romantic of me; but I've attended approx 70% of the home games during that last decade and i don't feel "robbed", "abused" or "stolen" from. Meanwhile; I've never suggested that others couldn't and shouldn't vote with their wallets if they see fit; in fact I've commonly encouraged people to act according to their own convictions.

Even that Academy is a byproduct of the doping and youth recruitment rule-breaking though.

Yeh, you can sell Lukaku but that's just one year....... That's not sustained income.

(***)Regardless the reason that it doesn't offend me is I don't want to see this sports operate as a battle of the cheque-books.... It's puerile and soul-less and continues to wreck the game (look at the mess that the champo is in!)..... FFP if enforced genuinely and punished accordingly can only (and should have) improve(d) the game. Finally anything we do achieve; be that a cup or our new home is OURs..... 100%; no bullshit... No caveats..... Fan support and genuine, organic growth and achievement.

Maybe that's romantic of me; but I've attended approx 70% of the home games during that last decade and i don't feel "robbed", "abused" or "stolen" from. Meanwhile; I've never suggested that others couldn't and shouldn't vote with their wallets if they see fit; in fact I've commonly encouraged people to act according to their own convictions.

Was typing up a reply to this but feel like it was turning in to the Levy/ENIC thread (100% very much my fault on that one) so feel like leaving it there is best. Will say that having a new stadium isn't an achievement, and when it comes to actual trophies the question is when? When do we get to celebrate that 'organic' moral victory? Another decade or two? Looks further away than ever.

On Chelsea though, they'll continue to circumvent academy rules (why wouldn't they? I wish we'd find more ways to generate income!) and whatever owners purchase them will probably be stinking rich and will back the club with money. They've got a highly valuable, deep squad for now with loads of assets, and beyond that an academy which regularly churns out players worth 20m+. They'll be fine IMO.

Whoever the new owners are, I'll slap 100 quid on the table right now that they win a trophy with Chelsea before we do. In fact they'll probably win one within 2 years of taking over. I find it hard to be too happy Roman's going when Chelsea are still getting something I'd kill for: new owners. I hear some Turkish billionaire worth 13 billion is on the case already. The 'damage' (if you aren't a Chelsea fan!) of Roman's doping is done, they're a huge club now.

Was typing up a reply to this but feel like it was turning in to the Levy/ENIC thread (100% very much my fault on that one) so feel like leaving it there is best. Will say that having a new stadium isn't an achievement, and when it comes to actual trophies the question is when? When do we get to celebrate that 'organic' moral victory? Another decade or two? Looks further away than ever.

If we hadn't shat the bed in the CL final we might not even be having this convo right now.

I'd say the stadium was very much an achievement seeing as it was half funded by the progress we made on the pitch during Poch's time here; funded by the so-called austerity that our CL qualification helped navigate.... One could plausibly state that it's his legacy.

It looking further away than ever? .......Well that's as much down to how we've spent our money in recent years as anything else; yet we were still in a cup final last year.

On Chelsea though, they'll continue to circumvent academy rules (why wouldn't they? I wish we'd find more ways to generate income!) and whatever owners purchase them will probably be stinking rich and will back the club with money. They've got a highly valuable, deep squad for now with loads of assets, and beyond that an academy which regularly churns out players worth 20m+. They'll be fine IMO.

They've had 2 strikes already and unless they continue to operate how they have been then there's no guarantee they'll continue to churn out 20m players.

Whoever the new owners are, I'll slap 100 quid on the table right now that they win a trophy with Chelsea before we do. In fact they'll probably win one within 2 years of taking over. I find it hard to be too happy Roman's going when Chelsea are still getting something I'd kill for: new owners. I hear some Turkish billionaire worth 13 billion is on the case already. The 'damage' (if you aren't a Chelsea fan!) of Roman's doping is done, they're a huge club now.

As you hopefully recall I've not framed any of this as us being likely benefactors of any financial drop-off they suffer..... The potential is that there is one less team to challenge the richest of owners.

Of course there's a chance whoever rocks up next will pour extreme amounts of cash in; but I've simply been assessing what it would require to keep them at the rate of success they are at now.

If Woolwich disappeared tomorrow I'd miss them. Its a historic rivalry and in many ways I respect them. The rivalry in itself defines both clubs I belive it to be the best, most important derby in English football

If Chelsea disappeared tommow I wouldn't even think about it. It would be like the removal of a nagging gum ulcer.
FUCK NO! Never forget how those bastards came to the first division in the first place, through corruption at our expense. Chavs and Woolwich are the different sides of the same shit coin. Shit franchise clubs. Fuck them both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom