Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Ooh baby talk dirty to me"

Leans over and whispers

"Chelsea could go in to administration"
Sexy Girl GIF

I suppose the home team can take it upon themselves to sell direct to Chelsea fans, cutting Chelsea out of the process entirely.

It does mean that it'd be a free for all in terms of loyalty point cuttoffs etc (assuming they operate in the same way as us).

Something similar happened in Scotland about 10 years ago when Rangers and Celtic suddenly decided that they should be entitled to keep a certain % of away ticket sales. All the other teams just cut them out entirely and sold direct, so it is logistically feasible.
I think similar happened to Plymouth Argyle a few years ago when they were in finance difficulty. Home clubs didn't want to give them tickets in case they went out of business so they sold away tickets directly to away fans.

Do you think it's really as bad as it is being made out to be?

Seems like lots of ifs and buts, and this lot always land on their feet.
They're not getting relegated or going into real administration, other than potentially only functionally to facilitate a sale to the highest bidder. But they're gonna be bought up by a ENIC/Kroenke/Glazer type investor and be forced to live within their means. And their organic revenues, those that are not reliant on the club being run at a financial loss to maintain a playing squad above their means, are below us and Woolwich.

I think they're going to end up a solidly upper midtable club, in essence, slotting between Woolwich and Spam.

Back
Top Bottom