King Kane vs Farmer Lewandowski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice little throwback.

The first goal isnt something kane is agile enough score. At the same time lewandowsky isnt the playmaker Kane is (or at least he doesnt need to try to be it). Not sure why anyone needs to say which one is better. Its pretty pointless.

Most spurs fans and non-spurs-hating england fans will think kane is better, the rest of the world thinks lewandowsky is.

Lewandowski plays for one of the best two or three teams in the world. Far less pressure on his shoulders when you're making finals and semi finals regularly for Bayern than there is when Kane and Tottenham make them once in a blue moon.

Respect your view entirely. And as simply I completely disagree with it.

The first goal isnt something kane is agile enough score. At the same time lewandowsky isnt the playmaker Kane is (or at least he doesnt need to try to be it). Not sure why anyone needs to say which one is better. Its pretty pointless.

Most spurs fans and non-spurs-hating england fans will think kane is better, the rest of the world thinks lewandowsky is.

I'll always pick Kane because I love him as a Spurs & England fan. He's probably my favourite active football in the world. But I can appreciate a fucking great striker when I see one, and Lewandowski was practically made in a lab to be a perfect CF.

As you say, down to personal preference/allegiances. They're different players with different strengths.

Wolfsburg were actually a decent team back then, I think. Got to the quarter finals of the CL after topping their group ahead of Manchester United, and only lost 3-2 on aggregate to eventual champions Real Madrid.

Still dog shit defending in that game though. Give Bayern and Lewandowski that sort of time and space, what do you expect to happen?

I'll always pick Kane because I love him as a Spurs & England fan. He's probably my favourite active football in the world. But I can appreciate a fucking great striker when I see one, and Lewandowski was practically made in a lab to be a perfect CF.

As you say, down to personal preference/allegiances. They're different players with different strengths.

A perfect CF in a league where defending is an after thought. I'd have a bit more respect for Lewandowski if he finally crawled out of his comfort zone.

A perfect CF in a league where defending is an after thought. I'd have a bit more respect for Lewandowski if he finally crawled out of his comfort zone.

He’s scored 1.4 goals a game in the CL this season, as well as multiple assists. He scored a goal a game for Poland in WC qualifiers as well.

At some point I think we just need to accept the man is scoring at any level he plays that, no matter the opposition. He’s one of footballs greats.

He’s scored 1.4 goals a game in the CL this season, as well as multiple assists. He scored a goal a game for Poland in WC qualifiers as well.

At some point I think we just need to accept the man is scoring at any level he plays that, no matter the opposition. He’s one of footballs greats.

Because he plays for Bayern who dominate just about every game they play. I've not once said he isn't a great player. But let's not pretend that he isn't given more than an helping hand by playing with the players he does, and also against the players he does most weeks.

Because he plays for Bayern who dominate just about every game they play. I've not once said he isn't a great player. But let's not pretend that he isn't given more than an helping hand by playing with the players he does, and also against the players he does most weeks.

He is saying he scores at a similar rate for Poland. Can’t you read?

And? Poland are a decent team and also play a lot of garbage sides, as do England.

I feel like you're trying a little too hard to play down his goals, no matter who he scores them for or who he scores them against. Leaning a little to hard in to similar arguments made by you know who in the Kane thread. If he scores 5 it's because the defence was bad (And come on .. look at some PL defences like Leeds or Everton) and if he bangs in CL goals its because the team is really good. Then with Poland the opposition is poor .. although in the Euros his 3 goals in 3 games came against Spain & Sweden, both ranked top 15 at the time.

If you don't rate him as highly as Kane that's fine, I'd expect nothing less from a Spurs fan! But all strikers fill their boots against lesser opponents and will benefit from top teams, this isn't unique to Lewa. Would Kane's productivity go up playing for Bayern? Absolutely. I do think he'd score more goals in 'big games' as well. But that still doesn't take away from how impressive some of Lewandowski's goals on such occasions are, and it proves he's not just a flat track bully taking advantage of a weak league.

Harry has 7 against San Marino and Albania.

And if you believe Deuterz Deuterz Kane has a group of generational talents behind him. Lewandowski does not.

Hey, don't use my words against him!

But seriously yes, whether you agree that they're generational or not - a support cast of Sterling, Foden, Sancho & Saka is pretty tasty. Even guys like Mount or Grealish are very good footballers, and then you have the most creative player in the PL (statistically!) playing from right back. Pretty much all top strikers pad their record against the fodder, I imagine many of Cristiano's goals have come against the Luxembourg's of this world.

I feel like you're trying a little too hard to play down his goals, no matter who he scores them for or who he scores them against. Leaning a little to hard in to similar arguments made by you know who in the Kane thread. If he scores 5 it's because the defence was bad (And come on .. look at some PL defences like Leeds or Everton) and if he bangs in CL goals its because the team is really good. Then with Poland the opposition is poor .. although in the Euros his 3 goals in 3 games came against Spain & Sweden, both ranked top 15 at the time.

If you don't rate him as highly as Kane that's fine, I'd expect nothing less from a Spurs fan! But all strikers fill their boots against lesser opponents and will benefit from top teams, this isn't unique to Lewa. Would Kane's productivity go up playing for Bayern? Absolutely. I do think he'd score more goals in 'big games' as well. But that still doesn't take away from how impressive some of Lewandowski's goals on such occasions are, and it proves he's not just a flat track bully taking advantage of a weak league.

I literally said not so long ago in this thread that I don't take away any of his goals. If he put 10 past Port Vale they would all still count.

Ultimately there are three things that there's no getting away from that you have to keep in mind:

1) He plays in a pretty poor league. Certainly a league nowhere as strong or physically taxing as the Premier League, He spends 80% of his club career strolling it. I watch German football a lot and the defending, even by Bayern, is genuinely comical. But that's what makes it entertaining.

2) He plays for an elite club with a world-class player in every position. Bayern have more top level players on their bench every week than we have in our starting 11,

3) Harry offers far more than just lots of goals. While I'd fall short of calling Lewandowski a poacher, he clearly doesn't get involved in games anything like as much as Kane regularly does.

4) I've never once said he's not great, that some of his goals don't count, that he only has a good record in Germany... Just that Harry has more to his game and is the better player of the two. That doesn't mean he's the better striker/goal-scorer of the two.

That's pretty much it.

Back
Top Bottom