King Kane vs Farmer Lewandowski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

KING KANE VS FARMER LEWANDOWSKI​

Honest question.... why is Kane a KING and Lewandowski a Farmer....
both are neither.... Kane is no more a King, than Lewandowski is a farmer...

it's as offensive to possibly the best striker in European/World football, as it's unrealistic to arguably one of the better English footballers right now....

I'd take Lewandowski in a heartbeat.... I genuinely don't get the 'Farmer' reference... was he born in a field or summit? ...or is it 'cos he's just Polish... and all Poles are Farmers?? Give your head a wobble (it's my new favourite phrase!!)

it's as offensive to possibly the best striker in European/World football, as it's unrealistic to arguably one of the better English footballers right now....

I'd take Lewandowski in a heartbeat.... I genuinely don't get the 'Farmer' reference... was he born in a field or summit? ...or is it 'cos he's just Polish... and all Poles are Farmers?? Give your head a wobble (it's my new favourite phrase!!)

Yes. That's it. All Poles are farmers.

Farmer is the reference to the league that he plays in rather than lewandowski personally.

What, the German Bundesliga... Farmers?? Wow!
How fucking over privileged are WE?

The Mighty Premier League... That spawned Vinnie Jones and this bunch of shit...
Ranked! The 50 worst players in Premier League history

...who's the 'Farmers league' now?
Claudio Pizarro, scored for fun in Germany, came to England and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, went back to Germany and was right back in the goals.

Gnabry has 1 goal outside of German Football, Timo Werner has scored fuck all comparatively, Havertz scored less.

Even Aubameyang scored less in the Premier League.

Harry Kane would do more in any side than Lewandowski. English football is far superior than the Bundesliga and Bayern are the only club worth talking about and it's a one horse race nearly every season.

Claudio Pizarro, scored for fun in Germany, came to England and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, went back to Germany and was right back in the goals.

Gnabry has 1 goal outside of German Football, Timo Werner has scored fuck all comparatively, Havertz scored less.

Harry Kane would do more in any side than Lewandowski. English football is far superior than the Bundesliga and Bayern are the only club worth talking about and it's a one horse race nearly every season.
...fair enough, but still... 'Farmers League' is still a little disrespectful...
I thought we saved that particular tag for the Moldovan, Macedonian, Lithuanian and the Faroe Islands' leagues!!

Let me just say this. Very very very few non Spurs supporters think Kane is better than Lewy. Objective views are clearly in favor of Lewy.

"Objective" views are often not that, thanks to SkySports-ism and the breadth of the global so-called 'big-club' looking glass.

Last edited:

Fernando Torres scored for fun for Liverpool but couldn't hit a a barn door for Chelsea.

It's not always the league that is the reason a player goes off the boil.

Fernando Torres scored for fun for Liverpool but couldn't hit a a barn door for Chelsea.

It's not always the league that is the reason a player goes off the boil.

Liverpool sold Torres as he was clearly on the decline. Though how quickly he declined was surprising. But once he lost his acceleration that was half of his game gone.

Bayern are constantly one of the top two or three teams in the world, and they often get drawn against some truly pants sides until the later rounds. I'm not taking any goal away from him, the same as I think people shouldn't with Kane. But that's just it. I think a lot of people compare their records and also what they've won and come to the conclusion that he's better or on a different level from those. But for me that's not how it works.

Despite what we might do for one or two games, without Kane over a full season our level would drop considerably. Put any other top quality forward up front for Bayern and I don't think theirs would whatsoever. Certainly not in the Bundesliga which is where he obviously plays the majority of his games.
Bayern were going full rambo in all comps smashing every team, and when Lewy got injured they dropped some points in league and dropped out of CL (vs PSG if I remember correctly? last season). He's insane in making space for others and himself, lethal finisher, passes well and finds spaces (short ones only, much worse than Kane in longer ones or these from deep), carries Poland alone (when Kane sometimes goes missing having stars all around him in national team) and should've won the golden ball award last season, as well as in the covid one when it got cancelled. Also injury resistant, stable form for 5+ seasons now, he basically has no streaks of bad games. And shoots 5 goals in 9 minutes.
Call me a deluded pole, lolz, but despite Kane being world class Lewa is the better one.

And? Poland are a decent team and also play a lot of garbage sides, as do England.
Poland sucks hard, except GKs Leeds' Klich is the best player there. Add bunch of players from polish teams that can't beat anyone in conference league qualification games getting smashed by teams from Georgia or Moldova and all you get is team that can only pass to Lewy and pray for miracle. They do happen pretty often though.

Poland sucks hard, except GKs Leeds' Klich is the best player there. Add bunch of players from polish teams that can't beat anyone in conference league qualification games getting smashed by teams from Georgia or Moldova and all you get is team that can only pass to Lewy and pray for miracle. They do happen pretty often though.

Nonsense. They are a decent team that are often no pushovers for anyone, especially when they play at home. Lewandowski is their star man obviously but they also have a bunch of other good players like Zielinski, Bereszynski, Milik, Piatek and Cash etc.

Nonsense. They are a decent team that are often no pushovers for anyone, especially when they play at home. Lewandowski is their star man obviously but they also have a bunch of other good players like Zielinski, Bereszynski, Milik, Piatek and Cash etc.
Cash is yet to have his debut, Piątek failed miserably outside Genoa, Milik was decent, but injuries fucked him. Forgot about Zielinski, he's world class, my bad. But look at recent games: at Euro 2020 they got one point, losing to Sweden and Slovakia. Getting a tie against Spain because they parked a bus and Lewy scored a worldie.

Cash is yet to have his debut, Piątek failed miserably outside Genoa, Milik was decent, but injuries fucked him. Forgot about Zielinski, he's world class, my bad. But look at recent games: at Euro 2020 they got one point, losing to Sweden and Slovakia. Getting a tie against Spain because they parked a bus and Lewy scored a worldie.

I've not said they are a good team. They're decent and not easy to beat. Despite England having a much better squad and team they got a draw against us not so long ago. They've had decent results against other good Nations too. They're rarely given a good hiding by anyone and often lose by a solitary goal when beaten.

Back
Top Bottom