England v Switzerland/ Ivory Coast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Second half was hard work. Ivory Coast put everyone behind the ball but England needed to move it quicker. Hopefully Harry is saving it for the weekend as he barely got a kick in his half an hour.

Such a shame that long ball by Maguire was just a foot too long...but England's creativity fell off the cliff when Jack went off. Last minutes were easy for CIV.

I really enjoyed it. My United mate came over - first time since his heart attack - and we had a good laugh and football chitchat with a generally pleasing game to accompany us.

I thought Bellingham was the stand-out, Grealish and Sterling did fine too. I liked Ward-Prowse too - he's not a starter but a very decent second string. It was a good opportunity for Southgate to see how the likes of those (not Strerling of course) can fit in where needed. KWP and Conor Gallagher continue to impress, all good.

My only gripe was Serge Aurier's red card. The first offence was a borderline yellow (an England defender did something similar in the second half without any caution or even a warning), the dissent for the second was very minor (unless he called the ref a cunt in French, which didn't seem likely). It was unnecessarily petty and sort of spoilt the game as a contest, even though England were comfortably on top at the time.

Probably a different discussion altogether but Southgate doesn't help things when he stills picks players out of form for a friendly, surely these games should be for the ones in form playing well? Like Dier etc (not to fussed he didn't) and all the fullbacks we have he plays Ben White @ RB as well.

Last edited:
Probably a different discussion altogether but Southgate doesn't help things when he stills picks players out of form for a friendly, surely these games should be for the ones in form playing well? Like Diet etc (not to fussed he didn't) and all the fullbacks we have he plays Ben White @ RB as well.
White was garbage. Hopefully won’t get picked again after last night

Back
Top Bottom