Other clubs you have a soft spot for

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want them to stay up and Reading to go down. Reading are the opposite of a ‘soft spot’ for me. I hate them for no real reason. They’re like a really shit version of Leicester.

Ha... Actually have a soft spot for Reading..... No other reason than my mate supports them and that they're harmless enough. Props to him for not being a glory hunter, I reckon.

Luton. I've been to a few games there over the years because of friends/family. They've fought their way up from the conference to the top three of the championship in quite a short space of time.

Old school ground where the fans are in the player's faces. Right up close. I mean you can ping the elastic on their shorts if you're so inclined.

That said, if they do make it to the PL, I'd want Spurs to piss on their boaters and leave them cowering in the corner.

Leyton Orient.
My true local club as I was born in Clapton.
As it is, a really good mate is now a minority owner even though he has no connection to the club.
We’ve promised to do the whole playoff thing in style if/when they make it.

His ownership piece is a pretty expensive proposition. I’ve thought about asking him for a piece of a piece but I know it would be purely for vanity and nostalgia reasons and, more importantly, Mrs G would kill me for flushing away that kind of cash.

Luton. I've been to a few games there over the years because of friends/family. They've fought their way up from the conference to the top three of the championship in quite a short space of time.

Old school ground where the fans are in the player's faces. Right up close. I mean you can ping the elastic on their shorts if you're so inclined.

That said, if they do make it to the PL, I'd want Spurs to piss on their boaters and leave them cowering in the corner.
Ping the elastic on their shorts…….
6-B4-ABD63-08-D0-48-D0-AFCA-3-DDAEBA886-E1.gif

It's a lovely ground, been a few times.

But things move on...

Do you know why they changed their home strip from white to orange? I always remember them in white from the 1980s/90s.

Do you know why they changed their home strip from white to orange? I always remember them in white from the 1980s/90s.
Not a clue. I remember the Ricky Hill era and seeing them play in white but with orange stripes, so maybe they just flipped the colours later on?

Ping the elastic on their shorts…….
6-B4-ABD63-08-D0-48-D0-AFCA-3-DDAEBA886-E1.gif
He’s right, as kids remember going once and Ian Rush had his shorts on back to front we noticed…

Trained on the pitch at Luton, mate Matt Jackson played for them…

Bedford Town was our nothing doing Saturday, let’s go football, Luton if a parent wanted to see who they were playing.

Be a good club, the hatters, to loan Etete or Parrott next season, nice close drive in for physio work etc…

They’ll buy Vickers in promoted, my uncle is a season ticket holder, said they loved him but 6k wages too much.

Brentford, as it was my Dad's club. Like them even more today, after yesterday's tonking of Chelsea.

Rangers were my mums team, so I was always brought up to support both Spurs and Rangers. Very much looking forward to watching the Old Firm at lunchtime!

I always thought it was to do with Stellios and EasyJet. But Orange always a Luton colour anyway, just became more prominent. Might be completely wrong though

I always thought it was to do with Stellios and EasyJet. But Orange always a Luton colour anyway, just became more prominent. Might be completely wrong though
Yes, I think you’re right. They’ve switched between both at various points in time. One did coincide with EasyJet bring their sponsor.

Just got a West Didsbury & Chorlton A.F.C. scarf from a mate who's been. after a google I understood they come from Chorlton-cum-hardy which makes them instantly my favorites.

Last edited:
Swansea. I love when the crowd sings Hymns and Arias even though I can't understand most of it. Also I share a surname with a long serving player of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom