New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FFS, LOL.

5th June is National sausage roll day. I hope you have that in your diary.

This issue is important to any true man, woman or child of the great British isles. Well done THST!!!

The-Queen-holding-a-sausage-roll-900x762.jpg

Ahh....I think you might be right about standing vs gradient. Amazing how much trivia during the build of the stadium I gained and have now lost...hahaha

Personally, I don't believe where people stand makes a lot of difference to the atmosphere. It's said that stadiums with roofs have a better atmosphere too but that's bollocks when you look at the atmospheres created in Argentina where I don't think there's a single stadium that has a roof!!

I do 100% agree that standing does though but I think the single biggest contributor to the atmosphere is having a young demographic. You've only got to look at fan pics from pre-premiere League and so much of the crowd is made up of young fans. So the combination of young fans no longer being able to afford to go to a game every week (those that do is usually with Dad or whoever) + they are sat down. Stadiums miss an enthusiastic, optimistic outlook IMO.

Our roof definitely helps our acoustics. When you do the stadium tour they get you to shout from the west upper (probably the only time it happens) and the noise it makes just from a few people is really surprising. I wish I had recorded it, as it was really surprisingly loud.

5th June is National sausage roll day. I hope you have that in your diary.

This issue is important to any true man, woman or child of the great British isles. Well done THST!!!

The-Queen-holding-a-sausage-roll-900x762.jpg
Is HM holding the original sausage roll, the current inferior one or the new one for next season?

I need to know urgently so I can agree or disagree with her choice.

Last edited:
They didn’t disappear. They just got a bit crappier.

I suspect that someone found a cheaper source. :levyeyes:
Think I had one on the first few times at the new stadium. Then maybe my routine changed and then Covid... Now tend to drink or eat near the brewery or shelf bar if at all. Not on the menu in the those parts!

Tried a sausage roll a few games ago, it was bloody awful.. I wondered what all the fuss was about. But, hadn't realised that Levy had swapped them for an inferior one..

Gentrification!

Small business owners in Tottenham fear a huge regeneration scheme could push them out of the area and destroy their livelihoods.
Local enterprises, some of which have been run by the same family for generations, say their futures are at risk from the £1 billion High Road West development – a plan to build thousands of homes on sites opposite Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Slamming the plans as “gentrification”, they claim alternative proposals, which would allow them to stay in the area, have not been properly considered.
In 10 years, the High Road will be unrecognisable....

The small, local businesses are never gonna make the kind of money that some Hipster artisan bakery will...

Charging £8 for a grass fed, 28-day aged beef and organic horseradish and rocket sourdough sandwich, rather that £2.50 for a bacon butty is always gonna blow the opposition out of the water...
(though, to be fair, I'm sure the quality of the beef is top notch... No discerning Hipster wants ketchup in their beard!)

...but sometimes, it's not all about profit!

Last edited:
Tried a sausage roll a few games ago, it was bloody awful.. I wondered what all the fuss was about. But, hadn't realised that Levy had swapped them for an inferior one..
I moaned on here about the new ones a few months ago but everyone (OK, about two people) said they hadn’t changed so I shut up.

Now I find out I was right all along and should have started a Levy out campaign outside the ground before matches.

#levyout
#sausagerollgate

This season’s ones have thinner, greasier pastry which falls off and you can end up with just a large lump of meat. I think they’re shorter and fatter too.

They’re different enough that I usually have those chicken nugget things instead now.
Pure peasantry

I moaned on here about the new ones a few months ago but everyone (OK, about two people) said they hadn’t changed so I shut up.

Now I find out I was right all along and should have started a Levy out campaign outside the ground before matches.

#levyout
#sausagerollgate
A few of the food places ain't as good as when it first opened, like the pizza's was better than they are now.

Chicken house isnt as good, less chicken and more scraggy pieces.. Very noticeable.. Pretty certain that it also gave me and the lad food poisoning at a game around Christmas time.

Went for a Chicken doner game before last on the high road, the ones in the wrap.. Nearly fell over when they wanted £9 for it. I am sure they were only 5 or 6 quid a year or so ago. Wraps were smaller as well.. May be taking my own pack lunch soon at this rate.

Back
Top Bottom