Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City. May 1st, Sunday – 2 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not to mention Lester had a better defender on their bench. The delusion is strong with some on this board.

You can't just say 'x had a good game today' it has to be 'x is the best player in the universe and worth 900 mill!' just to get the point across properly that he played well. And then naturally certain people will be disappointed when the GOAT defender they've created in their head doesn't actually live up to those ridiculous expectations.

Romero outstanding today. Dier not as flash but very good. Davies good but could have handed them a goal in the first half. Midfield solid. Lucas a tough watch, Kulu excellent when he came on. We have every chance of top four, several games in which Woolwich could drop points, hopefully beginning today.

Waiting on West Ham draw or win for over €1000.

You can't just say 'x had a good game today' it has to be 'x is the best player in the universe and worth 900 mill!' just to get the point across properly that he played well. And then naturally certain people will be disappointed when the GOAT defender they've created in their head doesn't actually live up to those ridiculous expectations.
How many fucking times can I rate this?

Was a good game.

If you give us space, we will play some nice football. Our problems start when sides either defend deep or press the shit out of us. Leicester did neither, so we were largely comfortable.

It’s a shame as I think he does offer something a little different as a forward - pace and power.

We know he performs at top level for the Netherlands and we’ll never see that from him fully.

I get Conte knows Kane and Son are undroppable due to their ability to snatch a winner, but sometimes one or the other needs a break and Bergwijn to at least start a game.

We’ve seen how Deki came back refreshed and it can be argued Kane and Son could’ve done the same rather than a few of the subpar performances they put in past games where we needed them the most.
And yet our two best forwards by light years were excellent today, after a couple of poor games (when no one emerged with much credit).

Bergy and Lucas seem like two similar cases to me - fine impact players but not starters. It's hard, I hope we keep them but if they fancy their chances somewhere else you couldn't blame them.

There are plenty of players like that at the very top level - Origi, Grealish... The elite can keep them because of the wages they pay and the success they have, we're not so lucky.

I do

* Leicester
why would I write Liechester when I could just write Lester like reasonable folk would spell it? Are you big on making sure they get the respect they deserve? They'll be chuffed to know you're out here defending their honor Baz.

BTW I literally just (like 10 minutes ago) took you off ignore for the first time in like 2 years...and this is what you come out with.

And yet our two best forwards by light years were excellent today, after a couple of poor games (when no one emerged with much credit).

Bergy and Lucas seem like two similar cases to me - fine impact players but not starters. It's hard, I hope we keep them but if they fancy their chances somewhere else you couldn't blame them.

There are plenty of players like that at the very top level - Origi, Grealish... The elite can keep them because of the wages they pay and the success they have, we're not so lucky.
Good points.

I think that for me, I think we need Bergwijn for next season when we’re playing more games and I think he can definitely have an impact for us to allow Kane to rest for more important games.

Otherwise we go for a backup to Kane in the summer but end up with someone like Soldado, Janssen or Vinicius.

I think at least Bergwijn is now PL proven and not too bad a finisher.

Decided to watch the snooker instead.. good result. Sounded as though it wasn’t a great game, which was to be expected.
Relieved that we won’t be playing in the europa conference next season.

4 games left of this bastard season

Back
Top Bottom