Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know I saw some articles about Juve being interested in Son over the past couple of seasons. But in general, most talk/discussions that happens behind closed doors don't get out to the media. I mean you could pretty much say the same about Kane for example with the exception of City last summer.
Yeah, we have been lucky there has not been much interest & both have settled for Top 4 trophy as the pinnacle. Doubt juve could afford him.
I think a lot will be priced out so only really city & United who can afford them over here. Then Bayern, psg & Madrid abroad.

So many delusional people on here I am afraid. People who think Son has been the best player for the past few season, and also people claiming Kane has carried the team for best part of a decade. They are all delusional.. However i would say that both Kane & Son have been carrying our attack for many years now.. that is just a fact. Now it's great to see someone like Kulu contributing in that area..
Son has been our player of the year, 2 of the last 3 seasons. And he will get it again this year making it 3 of 4. So yes… overall, he’s been our best player over the last few seasons.

He’s also got the most non penalty goal contributions during that timeframe.

He's on 19 with Salah on 22

Liverpool's games - Spurs, Villa, Saints, Wolves

Spurs - Liverpool, Woolwich, Burnley Norwich

I'd say the Golden boot is a real possibility esp if he fills his boots in the last two games.

lol he didnt. He scored 22 goals + made 13 assists last year. He was off for weeks and then on for weeks and then off again for weeks. That was nothing new. That's what he does every season. Hate him all you want, but let's not twist the facts. If not the best, he was still one of the best players.
I don't hate Son at all you xenophobic twat.

More low level trolling. Was he our best player last season when he disappeared for 6 months?

Not that you would know. You probably record the games and fast forward until Son is on the ball.

Keep it up. It's hilarious.
Most goal contributions for Spurs 3 of the last 4 seasons and Spurs player of the year 2 of the last 3 seasons... and he will win it again this year making it 3 of the last 4.

So yes... he's been our best player overall the last few seasons whether Kane fans would like to acknowledge it or not.

Non Pen Goal Contributions
18-19: 18 vs 17
19-20: 21 vs 18
20-21: 26 vs 33
21-22: 26 vs 19

Total: Son 91 vs Kane 87

Spurs Player of the Year
18-19: Son
19-20: Son
20-21: Kane
21-22: Most likely Son again

Last edited:
I love Sonny, thought he had an excellent game today. How can anyone argue his contribution today - excellent corner for H's goal, lovely little swivel for his first (albeit the 'beauty' of the goal was Cuti's two tackles) and a fabulous strike for his second. The crowd today gave him a standing ovation when he went off and at the end of the game, which was well deserved.
I don't particularly care whether people regard him as world class or not - on the whole, he has been quality for us, and he's going to take some replacing, when he eventually moves on/retires.

There's times where he should shoot and he doesn't. If he did his xg might come down a bit but I'm certain he'd hit 30 goals his shooting off of either foot is so good.

I love Sonny, thought he had an excellent game today. How can anyone argue his contribution today - excellent corner for H's goal, lovely little swivel for his first (albeit the 'beauty' of the goal was Cuti's two tackles) and a fabulous strike for his second. The crowd today gave him a standing ovation when he went off and at the end of the game, which was well deserved.
I don't particularly care whether people regard him as world class or not - on the whole, he has been quality for us, and he's going to take some replacing, when he eventually moves on/retires.
Mrs P did we ever actually sit around asking each other do Liverpool fans rate Steve Perryman? Did we F**k we knew what we had and didn't cares one jot. Strange days where our fans talk about other clubs players and denigrate a player as talented and likable and loyal as Sonny.

RankNameGoalsGLAssistsAPlayedPGoals per 90Mins per GoalMPGTotal ShotsGoal ConversionShot Accuracy
1Mohamed Salah
Liverpool
2213320.761199723%59%
2Son Heung-Min
Tottenham Hotspur
197310.641415733%70%

RankNameGoalsGLAssistsAPlayedPGoals per 90Mins per GoalMPGTotal ShotsGoal ConversionShot Accuracy
1Mohamed Salah
Liverpool
2213320.761199723%59%
2Son Heung-Min
Tottenham Hotspur
197310.641415733%70%
I would love so so much for him to get the Golden boot!

It would be such a nice individual achievement for him and some lovely recognition.

Back
Top Bottom