Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's my point though.

He cannot convert prior to the sale as he will receive an asset (shares) as he his under sanctions .

There can be no transfer of assets (shares, players, ticket sales etc) to him whilst the sanctions are in place, and until the sale is completed.

Anyhow, as you say we'll see in a few weeks.
He owns all 5he shares now, he owns 100% and will still own 100%, government can bodge it however they like, just immediately freeze again or make the converting part of the sales process

I believe it is due to the write down, you cannot write off a loan to the club without breaking FFP as it is the club not the owner that needs to pay down the loan.

As it is all in a Jersey Company that is a frozen asset I guess it’s all up for question what happens to it but that company is owed money. It’s a unique situation for sure but I cannot imagine Levy and other prem owners would just be silent on that if it comes to pass Chelsea doesn’t have to pay a penny.
Also becomes a tax issue I believe also if it is not to be repaid it is considered earnings. They would need to pay at least 20% to hmrc.

If they are not sold soon they will go under, it's that simple.

A massive wage bill.
Fuck all in the bank
Only 24k season ticket holders
Can't sell tickets for matches, or not receive the monies from those sales.
Can't sell season tickets for next season.
Can't renew contracts
Can't sign new players

If they can't pay their wages it means administration and massive points penalties

That's why they have to be sold soon
Let’s hope they’re NOT sold soon

What can help ?

Easy street advantage that kept them at the same table as City is done. They are back to being superman with out earth's red sun...a Tory cunt in a suit. There's a small window here which our gutless powderpuffs are doing their level best to blow, before Newcastlefill the void. We can go to Anfiled and beat a knackered Liverpool. ECL football this coming season could be a massive swing toward us. Will we....
:contehandshead:

That is still a vastly better option than Abramovich, if as reported a lot of the funding is private equity then Chelsea can kiss goodbye to the £100m per season they get in funding what Abramovich used to pump in, they won’t be a charity.
Absolutely.
Having said that, I would have preferred the Ricketts family who own the Cubs.
They would have sucked Chelsea dry.

He owns all 5he shares now, he owns 100% and will still own 100%, government can bodge it however they like, just immediately freeze again or make the converting part of the sales process
This is the part I don’t understand about swapping the debt for equity. Maybe I’m missing something, but how can that possibly be allowed (sanctions or otherwise)? RA already owns all the shares, lends the club money and just issues more equity for that debt? Preposterous.

This is the part I don’t understand about swapping the debt for equity. Maybe I’m missing something, but how can that possibly be allowed (sanctions or otherwise)? RA already owns all the shares, lends the club money and just issues more equity for that debt? Preposterous.
When he put money in he could have given Chelsea it (as equity) and it passes FFP, owners are allowed to give the club money - rules have varied over the years but unlimited for infrastructure and 90M over 3 years (since 2013) seems about right. Owners tend to loan as they want to be paid back at some point and get interest on it (West ham owners have about 100m) roman however never expectected to be paid back and their interest free loans it's more tax efficient to have loans rather than just give the club money.

Either way loans or give the club money has to pass ffp when it's given. Ffp is shit because it allows him to give 1.5bn not because he can transfer loans to equity

How much due diligence has been completed by the bidders? I still have a feeling that when auditors get amongst the detail of their bastardised accounts, the extent of the losses will be laid bare and they will try a negotiate a lower price and it could unravel or drag on and on…..

How much due diligence has been completed by the bidders? I still have a feeling that when auditors get amongst the detail of their bastardised accounts, the extent of the losses will be laid bare and they will try a negotiate a lower price and it could unravel or drag on and on…..
Please let it drag on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
drag on until the only cunt still interested is Ashley. And he gives Dennis wise the managers job.
If wishes come true, this abomination of a club will cease to exist.

All those chav Mugs singing his name
I hate to go big head on this but I did say after talking to a bloke involved with one interested party, that there was a potential Roman (at Vlads behest)could spitefully torpedo them just to give the bellicose Bojo government a slap.

Could I actually have something to thank Liz Truss for. Feel dirty....
Nah I'm lying I'd give her a full tantric going over if it meant relegating them and we get ECL..... :dembelelol:

I hate to go big head on this but I did say after talking to a bloke involved with one interested party, that there was a potential Roman (at Vlads behest)could spitefully torpedo them just to give the bellicose Bojo government a slap.

Could I actually have something to thank Liz Truss for. Feel dirty....
Nah I'm lying I'd give her a full tantric going over if it meant relegating them and we get ECL..... :dembelelol:

I've always been sceptical that Abramovich would just write off that £1.6bn loan.

What I didn't realise that the Boehly bid period of exclusivity is only 5 days. It was granted Friday so must be up unless it is 5 business days. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some cloak and dagger shit going on behind these reports coming out today. The timing feels convenient for Ratcliffe who wants to be the fall back bid.

Also, (I doubt it would happen, because Chelsea) but if Chelsea did get expelled from the PL next season, who would make up the numbers? Would a team from the PL not be relegated, or would an additional team come up from the Championship?

I've always been sceptical that Abramovich would just write off that £1.6bn loan.

What I didn't realise that the Boehly bid period of exclusivity is only 5 days. It was granted Friday so must be up unless it is 5 business days. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some cloak and dagger shit going on behind these reports coming out today. The timing feels convenient for Ratcliffe who wants to be the fall back bid.

Fall back bid or not it can’t go through if the government thinks the money is going to Roman. Roman isn’t allowed to get a penny of the sale so the bid amounts make no difference to him, something odd is going on, why does he want bigger and bigger bids for charity??????

Back
Top Bottom