If you had a button that would end Chelsea FC existence would you press it.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

press the button and end chelsea

• yes

Votes: 148 88.1%
  • no

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
Final Countdown GIF

If the government see the optics as what is the lest worse for the Goverment. Chelsea could be in trouble. Let's subject the scenario to a bit of game theory.

Option one bend over to a Russian oligarch and by extension Putin playing a massive game a bluff and alow Chelsea to survive by caving in too the £1.4 bil demand

Option two the goverment play hardball on the only issue this government is getting any credit on ( Ukraine policy). They threaten to fold chelsea if RA insist on his money and once threaten carry out the deed. Yes it piss off loads of Chelsea fans but the goverment get larger credit from the electorate as a whole for standing up to a Putin controlled oligarch.

Option 3 (and i think most likely). RA folds and the £1.4bil goes to Ukraine good causes and Chelsea survive but that's one hell of a game of poker

Chelsea will struggle to survive that political decision If RA forces the goverment to decide,

Extenuating factors.

Russia is a mad place if Putin tells RA drive Chelsea into the ground or I wipe out your family what do you think he'll do. Putin poisons his most trifling of enemies as I said I would not like my club to be in this shit storm

The goverment minister that has to make this decision is Naddine Dorris. I really don't know how that helps any one.

Chelsea has a sensible escape route but time is running out and the motors driving that decision are in unstable to say the lest hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Ratcliffe have shoved a few quid her way, to ensure his late bid gets accepted? Perish the thought.
The other issue is are the buyers better off letting the club go bust and then stepping in. Here i fall into the I just dont know. I dont know if Chelsea falls into adminstraion or liquidation. If the goverment withdraws their licence. If any Finance bods can work that out it would be good to know. They may just be fined 12 points and carry on. I dont know the final outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The button has to be the size of a fucking dustbin lid.
2. It is detonated from our centre circle.
3. It is televised (I would even agree to be the MC)
4. A blue plaque is placed at Moscow Bridge
5. Demised date is declared a National Bank Holiday.
6. Erect a statute to whatever minster signs off on killing this shithouse of a club.

and lastly, a year long celebration

1. The button has to be the size of a fucking dustbin lid.
2. It is detonated from our centre circle.
3. It is televised (I would even agree to be the MC)
4. A blue plaque is placed at Moscow Bridge
5. Demised date is declared a National Bank Holiday.
6. Erect a statute to whatever minster signs off on killing this shithouse of a club.

and lastly, a year long celebration

The other issue is are the buyers better off letting the club go bust and then stepping in. Here i fall into the I just dont know. I dont know if Chelsea falls into adminstraion or liquidation. If the goverment withdraws their licence. If any Finance bods can work that out it would be good to know. They may just be fined 12 points and carry on. I dont know the final outcome.
That's not the only issue.

Their license expires on 31st May but is pretty much guaranteed to be extended.

The PL meeting for next season is in June sometime, Chelsea HAVE to have a license by then.

I'm a little worried for humanity that 95% would choose to cause so many people such sadness.

No I don't like that they have bought success. No I don't like that their money has come from a questionable individual.

But football brings happiness and relief to so many people. People who don't deserve to have that taken away from them.

I used to like watching Mutya (I think) writhing about when I used to go to a Gym in Scarborough regularly
Mate, to say she was a bit strange looking 20 years ago isn't beyond reason.
Look her up now

The only person who I can think of that's declined more is Bridget Fonda

I'm a little worried for humanity that 95% would choose to cause so many people such sadness.

No I don't like that they have bought success. No I don't like that their money has come from a questionable individual.

But football brings happiness and relief to so many people. People who don't deserve to have that taken away from them.
Chavs deserve it. And twice on Sunday

Chavs deserve it. And twice on Sunday

How? You know every single Chelsea fan the world over and you know they're all that bad a human that they deserve to have their club taken away from them?

Football brings out the worst in people. You included for that statement alone.

Back
Top Bottom