The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe we have to win in midweek to have any chance of stopping that talentless garbage getting champions league. They are rubbish.
They’ve had a staggering amount of luck the last three weeks but our bottle job against Brighton opened the door.

Thursday nights it is then :contebored:
Awaiting the inevitable annual posts of "It’s gonna be difficult to attract top players with no CL football on offer" as we all forget we didn't sign any players for the best part of two seasons when it was on offer

:contefacepalm2:

Last edited:
Awaiting the inevitable annual posts of "It’s gonna be difficult to attract top players with no CL football on offer" as we all forget we didn't sign any players for the best part of two seasons when it was on offer
Don’t give a fook about that, just want to see us playing on the biggest stage again.

Two team who are at their best when the oppo is good, fast and fluid 11 v 11 but lazy 11 v 10 and then you've got sluggish and poor against Brighton at home vs energetic and resilient against Liverpool at home.

Newcastle have won 4 of the last 5 with the only loss being a tight 1-0 against Liverpool. It’ll be their last game at home and I reckon the manager and team will be wanting to give the home fans something to dream about moving into next season. Let’s focus on our game but I’m optimistic. We don’t have an easy game against Burnley though who may be fighting for their lives so it’s all relative. Still in with a shout.

Woolwich lost three in a row to Palace, Southampton and Brighton not too long ago. People talking about the Brighton result but Woolwich fans can say that same thing.

They are as flaky and unpredictable as we are. We have both been equally frustrating… which makes it really hard to call it. Woolwich in the driving seat though.

If we win all 3 of our games (big if) I think Woolwich will drop against at least one of Newcastle or Everton, they are both playing a lot better than Leeds who are currently shit.

Burnley might end up being the decider they will obviously fight.

That old chestnut

And it's repeated verbatim by fans as to why we don't get any signings....... That and the old balance sheet as to why we can't afford to get x y or z player.

Total bollocks.

Woolwich lost three in a row to Palace, Southampton and Brighton not too long ago. People talking about the Brighton result but Woolwich fans can say that same thing.

They are as flaky and unpredictable as we are. We have both been equally frustrating… which makes it really hard to call it. Woolwich in the driving seat though.
Wasn't watching the game but was there a wobble v Leeds towards the end?
Finished 2-1.

I only want CL for the level of football, the quality of teams and the excitement from matchday one.

I don't give a shit about 'potential' new players or any of that related bollocks, just let me enjoy those big nights again.

I want to see us in the CL again but when we end in the EL we should't act dismissively. The EL is the best chance to win a trophy. That winning a domestic cup is easier is a myth. Even in the Carabao Cup there is a very high chance that we meet at least one of Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester City. So let's go for it and stop acting like we are better than this. We are not. When we win a tournament like the EL then we can wrinkle our noses again.

Looks like it’s over. Finishing behind an average Woolwich & artera for 4th is a failure.
More excuses for levy being prepared as we speak!

I want to see us in the CL again but when we end in the EL we should't act dismissively. The EL is the best chance to win a trophy. That winning a domestic cup is easier is a myth. Even in the Carabao Cup there is a very high chance that we meet at least one of Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester City. So let's go for it and stop acting like we are better than this. We are not. When we win a tournament like the EL then we can wrinkle our noses again.

Over the last 12 years (since it changed from UEFA to Europa) an English team has won this competiton 3 times, over that time the Premier League has been arguably the strongest league in the world.

If it was so easy or easier than a domestic trophy why aren't more English teams winning it?

Back
Top Bottom