Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As right wing-backs I'd choose the 2 candidates (1st choice & understudy) from these players:

Valentino Livramento (Soton)
Isaiah Jones (Boro)
Djed Spence (Boro)
Max Aarons (Norwich)
Jayden Bogle (Sheff. Utd)
Matty Cash (Aston V)
Nordi Mukiele (RB Leipzig)
Ridle Baku (Wolfsburg)
Joakim Mæhle (Atalanta)
Jeremie Frimpong (Leverkusen)
Noussair Mazraoui (Ajax)
Adama Traore (Wolves)
Wilfried Singo (Torino)
Denzel Dumfries (Inter)
Malo Gusto (Lyon)
Kyle Walker-Peters (Soton)
James Justin (Leicester)
Sergiño Dest (Barcelona)
Lukas Klostermann (Bor. Dortmund)
Ivan Perišić (Inter)
Nahuel Molina (Udinese)
Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla)
Pablo Maffeo (Stuttgart)
Pol Lirola (Marseille)
Anthony Gordon (Everton)

Prospects
Calvin Ramsey (Aberdeen)

Last edited:
Perisic makes sense correct me if I am wrong but pretty sure he can play wing back both sides and being out of contract and knowing Conte that could be a cheap top class deal.

Perisic makes sense correct me if I am wrong but pretty sure he can play wing back both sides and being out of contract and knowing Conte that could be a cheap top class deal.
All day. Fit as a fiddle, just one of those tip-top professionals who want to eek every drop out of their careers. Think he'd be a brilliant addition and could play wing back or in the front three. The kind of quality rotation you need if you want to compete in a few competitions.

As right wing-backs I'd choose the 2 candidates (1st choice & understudy) from these players:

Isaiah Jones (Boro)
Djed Spence (Boro)
Max Aarons (Norwich)
Matty Cash (Aston V)
Ridle Baku (Wolfsburg)
Joakim Mæhle (Atalanta)
Noussair Mazraoui (Ajax)
Adama Traore (Wolves)
Denzel Dumfries (Inter)
Malo Gusto (Lyon)
James Justin (Leicester)
Sergiño Dest (Barcelona)
Ivan Perišić (Inter)
Nahuel Molina (Udinese)
Pablo Maffeo (Stuttgart)
Pol Lirola (Marseille)
Ivan Perišić (Inter)

Prospects
Calvin Ramsey (Aberdeen)
Good list, I'd also add Angelino, Cucurella and Lamptey there as well. There are some good deals there, like Dest, Perisic, Maehle or Mukiele.

By the way, Levy would not sign KWP back, he's too proud for that.

Good list, I'd also add Angelino, Cucurella and Lamptey there as well. There are some good deals there, like Dest, Perisic, Maehle or Mukiele.

Levy would probably bring KWP back. The question is if KWP would want to come back. He had seemingly gotten salty at both Poch and Mourinho by the time of his exit.

Isaiah Jones (Boro)
Djed Spence (Boro)
Max Aarons (Norwich)
Matty Cash (Aston V)
Ridle Baku (Wolfsburg)
Joakim Mæhle (Atalanta)
Noussair Mazraoui (Ajax)
Adama Traore (Wolves)
Denzel Dumfries (Inter)
Malo Gusto (Lyon)
James Justin (Leicester)
Sergiño Dest (Barcelona)
Ivan Perišić (Inter)
Nahuel Molina (Udinese)
Pablo Maffeo (Stuttgart)
Pol Lirola (Marseille)
Ivan Perišić (Inter)

Prospects
Calvin Ramsey (Aberdeen)
You didn't just put in Cash as a possible did you? Short memory, fuck him. He's partiality why we haven't cruised to 4th.

You didn't just put in Cash as a possible did you? Short memory, fuck him. He's partiality why we haven't cruised to 4th.
Yes, he did play it rough but equal blame goes to the ref of that game: how on earth did he and VAR let all those rough tackles go unpunished?!
As I've mentioned before, I am all for VAR .... as I thought the refs in the VAR room would be objective, particularly in the EPL...
English - and British - refs were for a long time, together with Scandinavian refs, seen as the fairest and most objective refs, but the standard for English/British refs has fallen drastically.
PS! I won't say Spurs would be cruising though. Woolwich have had a string of "lucky results" while Spurs where hit by an "unlucky patch"...

I included Angelino and Cucurella in my LWB List :cool:
I could have included Lamptey but because he's been injury-prone lately, his price is said to be around £40-50m, and I have not been that impressed enough with him to be 1st choice (he would not join to be an understudy)

Last edited:
I included Angelino and Cucurella in my LWB List :cool:
I could have included Lamptey but because he's been injury-prone lately, his price is said to be around £40-50m, and I have not been that impressed enough with him to be 1st choice (he would not join to be an understudy)

On pure ability, or rather potential, Lamptey is a brilliant option. But Chelsea let him go, and they tend to keep (and loan) ANYONE with any sort of potential forever and ever. They will have seen something, and it's becoming pretty clear what they saw. After his injury problems Brighton are being extremely cautious. He hardly ever plays 90 minutes, and he hasn't played two matches in a row this season iirc. Unfortunately for him it seems his build and muscles isn't for pro football and for the explosive bursts, he needs to make to be a success.

Yes, he did play it rough but equal blame goes to the ref of that game: how on earth did he and VAR let all those rough tackles go unpunished?!
As I've mentioned before, I am all for VAR .... as I thought the refs in the VAR room would be objective, particularly in the EPL...
English - and British - refs were for a long time, together with Scandinavian refs, seen as the fairest and most objective refs, but the standard for English/British refs has fallen drastically.
PS! I won't say Spurs would be cruising though. Woolwich have had a string of "lucky results" while Spurs where hit by an "unlucky patch"...
The ref wasn't liking cunty tweets on Twitter/Instagram post doing Doherty Pathfinder

Not sure you'd know much about the modern US.

They'd do better by introducing dental clinics and consanguinity testing.

Cultural remnant of the forebears of the founding fathers. WASPitis is like Herpes, it'll be with us for life and it's unpleasantness always pops up at the most inconvenient time...and your small island has been shedding virus for quite some time.
You must dislike England as much as I dislike America....fair enough....a quid pro quo......but we're both Spurs supporters which eclipses the nationalist arguments.

I thought so initially too but apparently Conte didn’t play him that much and preferred Ashley young on the left side. Saying that I’ve always been a fan of the Croatian.

Edit: Newcastle in for him. An annoyingly smart buy for them if true.

That’s about £125k a week on a free transfer, we could easily do that considering it’s a free deal.

I thought so initially too but apparently Conte didn’t play him that much and preferred Ashley young on the left side. Saying that I’ve always been a fan of the Croatian.

Edit: Newcastle in for him. An annoyingly smart buy for them if true.

He didn't play him as a winger (loaned him out I think) but when he returned and agreed LWB I thought he was #1?

You must dislike England as much as I dislike America....fair enough....a quid pro quo......but we're both Spurs supporters which eclipses the nationalist arguments.
No offence to you both but start your own inane dick measuring US vs UK thread. Its pathetic imho. We are here for Spurs. I'm the first to dig out posters when they do that childish "you yanks no shit about real football guff" His Brits: the queen, bad teeth, poor food act" is equally dopey. Like we all care about her mage. It's sooo old. It's hilarious someone thinks you can get a derby going against this place(UK) the 51st state. There the same people with all the same flaws. We luv you long time...🇺🇸

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom