Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still on the way home after holding our own impromptu end of season awards in the pub.

On todays game: we clearly tried to overwhelm Burnley in the first 20mins. Didn’t get a goal, then the nerves kicked in. What’ll say in the players defence is that they looked - and must’ve been - fucking knackered. If any game needed a ‘3pts by any means necessary’ performance, it was today.

End of Season awards:

Player of the year: Sonny
Best signing: Romero (Kulusevski a close 2nd)
Best home game: Woolwich
Best away game: Citeh
Best away fans at WHL: Villa or Wolves
Worst fans: (Woolwich - goes without saying) Man City - pathetic

He was still one of 3 men in the middle though.....
What is it specifically about Eriksen that makes him more unsuitable in a 2 man midfield than the likes of Bentancur, PEH, Skipp?

All passes from Kane don't need to be the game winner. All balls don't have to go back to Kane. We are slow because Kane is slow and we are still Harry Kane team not as bad as before but long enough to remind me if it on ever extra second Kane is on the ball taking time giving the seconds needed for Burnley defence to get organized
What?

We won I don't care how it ended up we got the goal. We stood strong didn't get shithoused and won a tricky game against a side that has had some good results of late that are fighting for their lives to stay in the division. Pressure on the scum now we've done all we can.

Great start today, first 20mins we put them under lots of pressure. Did get a bit nervy and that goal on the stroke of half time did us wonders. Nick Pope had an amazing game.

Was a really tough second half, think that's probably the best I've seen Burnley play away to us. 5 at the back really made it very difficult to break down.

Fans in the stadium were excellent, there was a great atmosphere. Admittedly it went a bit tense for a period in the second half but that last 5/10mins the stadium was so loud!!

So much riding on the Newcastle Woolwich game tomorrow. Just really really hope the Toon get a result against them.

Up the Spurs!

Watching Erickson vs Everton, he’s really acres ahead of Bentacour with the long ball pass ability. Spurs should really try and bring him back. He would help the attack in the big way
Absolutely Champ

Totally agree with you

Bentancur our worst player today

I so hope Everton are fighting for their lives on the last day.

Woolwich need to be made to work for their points by Newcastle and Everton. Norwich are down and we should stroll past them. We don't want fat Frank safe/down already and sticking a bunch of kids out.

Fans were great today. Conte was getting the fans going because there had been a break in play for a while due to an injury and everything had gone dead. The five minutes after this point was the loudest I've ever heard the Lane. Literally deafening.

Yeah it was at about 80 minutes. He was whipping the crowd up and we obliged. I think it really helped the team personally

Bentancur will get stuck in and win the ball. Eriksen rarely/never does.
Pros and cons to both
Not sure I’ve seen bent get stuck tbh. If he dues he normally fouls. Not seen too many sliding tackles or winning the ball back like dembele use to abd his not really controlling the midfield. PEH seems to get the ball off the back 3 more. Plus he seems to just pass it back whence it came too often.

Absolutely Champ

Totally agree with you

Bentancur our worst player today
Couldn’t disagree more I feel he is the glue that holds the midfield together and since he joined we have had a much better shape in games and is a major reason for our recent improvement - in my opinion - he has great technical ability and is an effective and slick passer of the ball - he is a totally different player to Eriksen - I would t mind seeing them in the same team

I so hope Everton are fighting for their lives on the last day.

Woolwich need to be made to work for their points by Newcastle and Everton. Norwich are down and we should stroll past them. We don't want fat Frank safe/down already and sticking a bunch of kids out.

Need palace to get a result at Goodson midweek and it’s game on the last day.

Looks at who is the palace manager as we know someone really needs a big favour………....

Oh FFS.

Good man , spot on . How many times in the past have we bottled these types of games . The lads got what was required . End of !
We’ve unfortunately got some right bellends on here you’d actually think, well I don’t think I know , certain muppets rock up only when we lose but then they ain’t spurs fans

Don't remember this tackle...

FS04_rgWYAEFOBT

Back
Top Bottom