The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chance for Redemption for enic.
Let’s strike whilst the irons hot!
United, Chelsea, Woolwich all in bit of a mess.
Obviously city & Liverpool very good. But we can become 3rd best & win a cup or 2.
yea chelsea bang in the shit, going to be interesting what happens over the summer as surely they will be trimming the wage bill down to a level it can be sustainable at without hemorrhaging money. the scum are well and truly fucked as are M united. liverpool seem to have uncertainty regarding salah and mane which is very good news...city will no doubt be strong but they always are. and as it stands we are definitely going to be a lot stronger next year, the question is how much stronger. exciting times finally!

think that Woolwich side will struggle to even beat that poor everton side. they are fucking awful. we will thump norwich. 5-0 with it being 3-0 at halftime so them scum players can go in at half time and get the bad news..wankers!
Unlike Newcastle Everton won't beat them on quality, but Richardlison is better goal scorer than the Newcastle players, and Everton have finally learned to run their bollocks off.

Unlike Newcastle Everton won't beat them on quality, but Richardlison is better goal scorer than the Newcastle players, and Everton have finally learned to run their bollocks off.
if newcastle had a bit of quality upfront that could of been a right drumming earlier. that murphy chance..what a waste! that should be a goal in this league

isnt the money meant to be even more next year for CL football? sure ive seen neville saying soething along them lines? hopefully opens a massive divide and weve just slipped on the boat hahahaha

complete dominance by Newcastle who would have put it out of sight if they were halfway clinical.
Without exaggaration, they could have won by 5/6 goals. Arse were pinned back in the first half like Man City vs Burnley. The game opened up in the second half, but it only led to more clear cut sitters for Newcastle.

yea chelsea bang in the shit, going to be interesting what happens over the summer as surely they will be trimming the wage bill down to a level it can be sustainable at without hemorrhaging money. the scum are well and truly fucked as are M united. liverpool seem to have uncertainty regarding salah and mane which is very good news...city will no doubt be strong but they always are. and as it stands we are definitely going to be a lot stronger next year, the question is how much stronger. exciting times finally!
True. I find it hard to think of 4 teams that will finish above us next season. Woolwich will take at least a season or 2 to recover from this blow. United unpredictable. Chelsea I think will be weaker for the reason you mention. Only really city & Liverpool seem strong & reliable for top 4. So 2 spaces free.
It be nice to win a cup too. Yeah I hope mane & salah go! I think Liverpool have peaked but klopp will keep them from falling away. I can see them being more of a cup team but not winning the title again.

We have kane who seems happy here again so that’s massive. & with a few more signings will be very strong. As you say, it’s all about who we bring in now. We got to be very careful & get this right.

All bias aside, Woolwich have done well to finish 5th and compete for top 4. They have a very young squad and coach. They are leading the line with kids (Nketia and Saka) - We have the best strike pair in world football (Kane and Son).

All bias aside, Woolwich have done well to finish 5th and compete for top 4. They have a very young squad and coach. They are leading the line with kids (Nketia and Saka) - We have the best strike pair in world football (Kane and Son).
They've made minor progress, but it's the kind of progress that gets easily undone in a league like the PL.

Next season Leicester will (probably) come back somewhat after an injury riddled disaster season. United will probably improve a bit under Ten Hag and they will again spend a lot.

We will of course improve significantly under Conte.

They'll be looking over their shoulder at Newcastle, Brighton etc.

To all the people that thought wolves and Southampton and United and Brighton and Brentford (ok can’t completely blame ppl for this one) were must wins… I suggest you learn what the word “must” means.

Some fucking game in the middle of January when we are a few points off top 4 is not a must win. Thank god our players aren’t as delicate and despairing as some. A game can be important without exaggerating and calling half the games we play must wins.

I don't object to that at all. I object to calling out other fans who had different views at the time. I replied to you but the post was more collective, others are tagging, quoting & enjoying rubbing it in rather than just being happy for the result.

I'm not in with anyone. I'm happy I was wrong (so far) and the team has done brilliantly to be in this position. I've never gone back and quoted people who I know have been proven wrong, and I don't get the mentality behind doing it. That's all I'll say, you do you and go celebrate however you like.
You weren’t the worst of the lot but there were plenty on here that came on this thread and posted that we were done every time we didn’t get a result. And it wasn’t a rational opinion like “I don’t think we will get 4th”, it was always, “we are done, it’s over, give up, Kane’s off, lock this thread” or some other temper tantrum.

We had to read all that childish shit every time we dropped a point so I can’t blame anyone that comes back at people that were acting like the world ended when we dropped a point in January.

We are all spurs fans and want spurs to win so it’s not personal… just a friendly “fuck off” between friends.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I'll admit - I was running errands and watching a rerun of the Chase instead because I didn't want to turn Sky Sports on and jinx it, but everything I read about the match as it was happening sounded like complete dominance by Newcastle who would have put it out of sight if they were halfway clinical.

This Woolwich side are a mentally weak bunch of overrated cunts.

Also I had the misfortune of seeing a Saka post-match interview and my word he's a charisma vaccuum.

they had several easy chances they didn’t take, including a two on one and one cleared nearly off the line. If they score those chances which you expect to score 9 times out of 10, it’s 4-0

What we have seen in this mad chase for 4th is the near impossibility and frailty in making predictions.

Woolwich still have more points than I thought likely 5 games ago but the results. Just how to comprehend?

That's why Norwich have to be treated exactly in the right manner.

Absolutely in our hands and the players can have no excuses.

Patience, being disciplined and being clinical are the key words and let's go for the jugular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom