Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just always does something! Goal, assist or something special.

It is so incredible and exciting that he's only 21 and made such an impact already.

I hope he enjoys playing for us as much as we enjoy him playing for us!
He plays like an amazing player with 3 or 4 years more experience than he has. Makes you wonder where his ceiling is?

Feels so good to have a signing come straight into the team and make a significant impact.

He's had a few quiet games but generally has been excellent

But but that right foot shot?

It ended up looking well awful. In his defence, I don't think that happens if Son wasn't unmarked right in front of goal.....and on 21 goals one behind Salah. Imho 99 out of 100 times in any other match, he takes one more touch with his right to settle the ball and smashes it in with his left. Here....he spots Son and thinks for a split second: Shit, am I too selfish if I don't play the easy square ball. Which is enough that he makes a right mess of it and does something in between.

Or am I being too kind? Edit: Guess not, as about seven people made the same observation, after the post I replied to.

Last edited:
that second was class. thats the danger with him, he can do that, or he can put a decent ball up for someone else to attack if the shot isnt on. quality player out there. the most important thing in football is end product and kulu has that in goals and assists.

Ahhmm, now add in a top level overlapping RWB, and the left side of any defence we come up against will be having fits :dierno:

His mess up there I'm convinced happened because he wanted to get it to Son for the golden boot. I'm convinced. He took an extra unnecessary touch which he rarely if ever does to get it to Son somehow. He would have definitely scored otherwise.

Class player. Redeemed himself for poor judgement there (even if for a good reason, you're only up 3-0, you get the fourth then play cute) by following up with a ridiculously class goal.
Yeah no doubt about it. Had an open goal to aim at for a second or two and under any other circumstances he'd have just put his foot through it

Twenty one.
When I let that sink in for a moment (he’s younger than my youngest) then I really start to think that he’s going to be a very special player. I mean world class level. He’s ages away from being in his prime ffs
:conteshock:

Why do people so often mention his pace or rather lack of it? I cannot really tell yet whether he's pacy or not, but I have noticed that he's normally getting past his man and getting in either a shoot or a pass/cross.
So many seem to say things like, "If he only was quicker, he could be world-class" and yet, I've seen him skin people and often beat his man for pace.
Yes, sure, he's not lightning fast but he's certainly no slouch either and whatever pace he may lack (which isn’t as ”lacking” as so many are claiming), he makes up for it in skill and speed of mind.

Last edited:
Why do people so often mention his pace or rather lack of it? I cannot really tell yet whether he's pacy or not, but I have noticed that he's normally getting past his man and getting in either a shoot or a pass/cross.
So many seem to say things like, "If he only was quicker, he could be world-class" and yet, I've seen him skin people and often beat his man for pace.
Yes, sure, he's not lightning fast but he's certainly no slouch either and whatever pace he may lack (which isn’t as ”lacking” as so many are claiming), he makes up for it in skill and speed of mind.
On here he is slower than Maguire, but every commentator goes on like he’s prime Aaron Lennon. He’s probably somewhere in between, but because he’s on the wing you expect to see a speed merchant. What a signing he’s been for us, really compliments the other 2.

On here he is slower than Maguire, but every commentator goes on like he’s prime Aaron Lennon. He’s probably somewhere in between, but because he’s on the wing you expect to see a speed merchant. What a signing he’s been for us, really compliments the other 2.

I've never heard anyone go on about his pace tbf

I've never heard anyone go on about his pace tbf
Me and Deuterz Deuterz and a few others have noted his lack of pace tbf.

More specifically his lack of acceleration and agility. He has a very languid style of play compared to most wingers and it can be a hinderance at times.

Not sure it matters because he has ball skills and he's as strong as an ox. 21 years old and he's swatting players aside like they're flies.

This guy is special.

Back
Top Bottom