Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A sizeable population has been calling for Levy's and Lewis' heads for years now. There are protest banners outside the ground at every game. I've heard anti-Levy chants at numerous games over the years. None made any difference to our strategy. There is no way Levy can't know how much he's hated by sections of our fanbase. And the hate is constant, regardless of our manager or table position.

This lunchtime post was well-timed, wasn't it? Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed.

giphy.gif

I don't think for one minute the board listen to fans.

BUT they're not idiots. They know they'd be absolutely embarrassed in the media if Conte walked out this summer after not getting backed. They would be humiliated and tbh, they'd have no comeback from it. They have had to do this as the alternative is *unthinkable.

*We have thought about it and it's worse than Nono all over again.

The John Thomas school of how to support THFC.

1) Slag Levy of for sacking previous manager.

2) If we get linked with a "lesser" manager, slag Levy off for being tight and say "it's the cheap option"

3) If we get linked with a top manager, slag Levy off and say he'll only get him because he's "the cheap option"

4) If we appoint a"lesser" manager, slag Levy off for being tight and slag our manager off before a ball is kicked.

5) Continue to slag our manager off all through pre season and slag off any new signings we make.

6) Season starts badly , continually slag Levy off for not sacking manager, saying he's too tight to sack him and that he doesn't care about the fans and won't listen to them.

7) Manager gets sacked, slag Levy off for sacking manager and say that it was fan pressure that made it happen.

8) Slag Levy off for not having a manager the very same day.

9) Slag Levy off for appointing a top manager, saying it's the cheap option.

10) Slag Levy off and continually say that Conte will walk because of Levy.

11) Slag Levy off for buying rejects, keep saying that Conte will walk.

12) When we're in 4th do not post for weeks.

13) When we drop to 5th post 22 times in a couple of days slagging off Levy.

14) When we get 4th say "we should all celebrate together"

Proper fan

:dembelelol: :dembelelol: :dembelelol:

breaking news GIF

EDIT :

15) When Enic announce that they are investing £150m into the club, slag off Enic/Levy for not doing it before.

16) Say it was fan pressure wot dun it.

Does this not worry people?
not really, it is probably the case that we will invest some money off field, and we want to guard against other clubs thinking we have money to burn and trying to get more cash out of us for transfers just because of this announcement. Say we have £150M already for on and off field investment. Now we have £300M. Who cares about the split, which pot it comes from?

Well if this pans out as people are saying ref investment in players , even I one of Levy’s critics will have to say “ fair play ENIC have stepped up”

I still wouldn’t want to go for a pint with him mind you 😃

Sounds like exciting news although I do wonder if the idea is for that figure to be spent over a couple of years rather than splurging it all this summer
Can't see that personally. As I see it, the club have been patiently waiting for the stars to align. Right manager, full stadium for a full season, requalification to the CL. This has then triggered the additional monies, the vast majority of which I think will be spent this Summer. Let us not forget that whatever we do spend won't be in one off payments, they'll be spread out over a number of seasons. Over the course of these subsequent seasons we will be bringing in additional profits in the region of £100M/year just from the stadium. If we secure CL as well, we're looking at £150-£200M/year. That's not even factoring in the naming rights.

I think the club have been keeping their powder dry until the stadium was up and running, now they're pushing the button. The fact that Chelsea may fall off and Liverpool are ageing could just be a bonus.

Too early to call at this point, but we could be at the beginning of something really special. In terms of finance, we could potentially be a powerhouse in World Football if we get it right on the pitch.

The cash injection may just be the sign that the club see it this way as well.

"ENIC’s ownership of the Club could see an increase from its current level of 85.6% to circa 87.5% on conversion"

So if 2.1% of the club is worth £150M then that values the club at approx. £7B? I expect I got that wrong somehow?

Back
Top Bottom