Forest back in the Premier League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a team we haven't seen for a while. 98/99, rooted at the bottom of the Premier League, Pierre van Hooijdonk goes on strike for half the season, Big Ron comes in and masterminds an 8-1 home defeat to Manchester United where OGS comes off the bench with 20 minutes to go and scores 4 goals.

There were a couple of seasons from that era when Forest were quite tough opponents for us. A famous 4-1 defeat in the 94/95 season and a tightly contested 5th round encounter in the FA Cup in 95/96 that had a match called off after 15 minutes due to bad weather and a penalty shootout which Forest won. The full match for the first game is available here:

Good to have them back. Anyone here have any memories of the ill-fated match that was called off?

This is a team we haven't seen for a while. 98/99, rooted at the bottom of the Premier League, Pierre van Hooijdonk goes on strike for half the season, Big Ron comes in and masterminds an 8-1 home defeat to Manchester United where OGS comes off the bench with 20 minutes to go and scores 4 goals.

There were a couple of seasons from that era when Forest were quite tough opponents for us. A famous 4-1 defeat in the 94/95 season and a tightly contested 5th round encounter in the FA Cup in 95/96 that had a match called off after 15 minutes due to bad weather and a penalty shootout which Forest won. The full match for the first game is available here:

Good to have them back. Anyone here have any memories of the ill-fated match that was called off?

There were TWO against Forest...
The 'Snowball' Cup Tie up there... and I'm sure I remember a pre-match bomb threat when we played them at WHL... also in the Cup?

Though that may have just been a delayed kick-off rather than a postponement.

Either way, it's good to have them back... Just a shame it couldn't have been Hughton that took them up... Then again, there's no way Chris Hughton could've take them up!

Who'd be a Derby fan this season??
That's gotta hurt... At BOTH ends!

Shared this before.

March 1997 we played Forest at home, I think they were bottom and had just appointed Stuart Pearce. Dean Saunders scored early and we lost. We were so fucking rubbish that we left the stadium and was back in the (now closed) Wheelwrights pub in Chingford before the game ended and the match was on the radio in the bar.

Seem to remember Teddy kept dropping back deep for the ball and Dozzel coming in and he might have been the key to leave as he was so shit. Our record in the Premier League against them is not good overall. That’s all !

Welcome back Forest.

Last edited:
Anyone here have any memories of the ill-fated match that was called off?
I decided against going to the match (two of my mates drove there). Met another mate in a pub to watch it live, only for it to be called off due to the snow. My two mates who went to the game had a terrible time driving back, they didn't get home to London until 5am the next morning.

Being based in Leicester, I'm very much looking forward to the fireworks when Forest roll into town.

The Foxes have been blessed with every team being indifferent/liking them in the PL, but there'll finally be some needle next season.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

True story. We had so many fans there that they had to give us another block right down the other end near the main home stand. It was getting ridiculously rammed in the official Spurs away end so I asked a steward if I could go down to the other Spurs bit. He allowed it. So I'm waking down the right wing on the pitch completely on my own and as I get to the half way line I notice a Forest fan coming on to the pitch out if the corner of my eye. He takes a swing at me, I duck, he misses, I try an boot him, I miss. He then turned around an climbed back into his section and I carried on meandering down the pitch into our new bit as casual as you like.
Mad times. Would have loved it if that had been caught on camera.

Clough.... "Some idiots thrown a bottle, imbeciles. We had one do that at our ground and had him banned".

Always remember that from our UEFA final v Anderlecht.... must have watched that game about 50 times and worn the tape out.

Loved when he went on the pitch and walloped a fan, sure someone can find it on YouTube.

Hopefully as others have said they'll play decent football, Burnley won't be missed.

I probably will have posted this before but we drove up for the match. Got there in decent time so didn’t expect too much of a problem. I was quite excited to see a game in the snow. Brought back memories of the Sheff Wed game around 88/89 with the classic away kit. But it was very heavy and the fog meant you couldn’t see beyond a few metres in front. Game was called off in the first half but it should never have been played. Getting back down the M1 was impossible. Weren’t back until 5am. Nothing really of interest to say really as it was basically an evening and night on the motorway!

Back
Top Bottom