Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s so small time of our fans to say £51m is too much for a proven forward in our league. We have big funds available this window and some fans seem worried about actually spending it. I hate Richarlison as much as the next guy, but he massively improves our squad. People are talking about him like he will get 10 starts and 10 off the bench, we are in 4 competitions and have 5 subs a game. Richarlison/Kane/Son, Richarlison/Son/Kulusevski and Richarlison/Kane/Kulusevski sounds fantastic on paper. If we get a injury to one of our 3 attackers then we find Moura starting big games. We need more depth and we need more quality, he helps us on both fronts.

I’m also open to Jesus instead of Richarlison as I’ve said previously. Both are very hard working players, excellent at pressing and can play across the attacking positions.
Well said. The biggest flaw I'm seeing in our fans mentality (in my opinion) is that we have a first XI or starters and non-starters/bench players. If we want to compete on 3 or 4 fronts like the big teams you need at least 2 players for every position and City/Liverpool are classic examples of this. Between Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish etc. I couldn't tell you who is first choice and who isn't, plus it probably changes based on opponent anyway.

We need 5 quality forwards minimum. We have three, Richarlison would be a great addition but I still think adding one more that's not Lucas Moura would be beneficial too, likely a creative midfielder.

Well said. The biggest flaw I'm seeing in our fans mentality (in my opinion) is that we have a first XI or starters and non-starters/bench players. If we want to compete on 3 or 4 fronts like the big teams you need at least 2 players for every position and City/Liverpool are classic examples of this. Between Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish etc. I couldn't tell you who is first choice and who isn't, plus it probably changes based on opponent anyway.

We need 5 quality forwards minimum. We have three, Richarlison would be a great addition but I still think adding one more that's not Lucas Moura would be beneficial too, likely a creative midfielder.

+ Plus next season you can bring 5 players off the bench, could be massive that, you're gonna need some real quality coming off the bench to change games so I reckon Richarlison would get at least 40 games in all comps next season.

51m for Richarlison crazy , another N’dombele imcomimg .

You talk absolute bollocks.

If you think that then you simply don't know football and certainly haven't seen him play often if at all.

He is a fit, skillful club and International player, good with both feet and good in the air. He could play anywhere along the front line and would compliment Son, Kane or Kulu.

Quite who the fuck you think we will end up getting who is better is beyond anyone with an ounce of football knowledge.

Name one experienced PL forward who we could attract knowing that Kane will always be ahead of them?

Even that Berj wants out, and he didn't exactly set the PL on fire did he?

But that is small club mentality, a good first 11 and that is it. We need good players to rotate, this guy can play all roles in the attack, we can’t risk burning out the whole front 3 particularly Kane.
Totally. Its like we've learnt nothing from 2016 to 2018. Have quality rotation and who knows who will be a first team player in a few months. I mean who thought Kulusevski would be an automatic stater within a month of joining?

Torn on Richarlison so I’ve done a + and - list.

+ has scored double figures in the league in 3/4 seasons at Everton when not always the focal point.
+ can play across the entire front line.
+ win at all costs mentality.
+ reasonably skilful and works hard for the team.

However

- strike rate in the league is not even 1 in 3
- appears not to have settled into a position yet in his mid 20s
- is easy to dislike with a lot of diving, cheating, theatrics and dirty play
- would cost an awful lot for someone who isn’t as good as our front 3.

Ultimately, I can really imagine Conte liking him because of his commitment on the pitch, so on that basis I’m for it.

- strike rate in the league is not even 1 in 3

He wouldn't start every game, he would compliment the front three and share the workload.

- appears not to have settled into a position yet in his mid 20s

In his Everton career he has hit 1/3 as you say but where is Moura and Berj in this assessment?

- is easy to dislike with a lot of diving, cheating, theatrics and dirty play

He has nothing on Lamela, who for pure shithousery we haven't replaced. I see nothing wrong with having an aggressor in a football team.

- would cost an awful lot for someone who isn’t as good as our front 3.

How many more cheap options do we need to go through? Conte has a plan and it does not include developing a second striker for next season. We desperately need the finished product now.

At the end of the day why spend a hundred million on defence and midfield and end up with an injury away from having to depend on Son for goals?

It makes no sense whatsoever to just go half measures now?

I'd rather not sign a player in that area of the squad than Richarlison.
Far too much money for a 4th choice attacker who will soon kick off for not starting.

No one can tell me with a straight face they'd drop anyone from our current 3 for him.

Why would he sign knowing he wouldn't start?

He would make starts, i mean why do you think Conte would spend fifty mil on him?

Beggars belief how United, Chelsea, City and Scouse spend large on their bench but we can't or shouldn't?

With five subs coming into law next season who do you think we should have on the bench to replace Kane or Son, Jack Clarke?

FFS sake get real.

Back
Top Bottom