Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thiago is a lovely footballer but played less than 50% of the available minutes. And when he does play he’s rarely fully fit. And there’s issues with Keita (fitness) Milner (36), Henderson (32) OC (fitness ).

They’ve got a couple of kids (Jones, Elliot) but I’m not sure if they are the answer?

They play a 3 CM system every game. They play a lot of games at high level, high intensity. That midfield is vital the way they play, with fb’s pushed up.

I think they definitely need at least one, maybe two new quality bodies in there for the foreseeable.

They have high hopes with Elliott and think he'll play centrally sooner rather than later. He doesn't have the pace to be a wide player. Jones is someone I always thought had bundles of talent but he just doesn't seem to have progressed at all over the last season or two. He has all the attributes but just doesn't seem to be able to find any sort of consistency, and he's 21 now, not 18/19. Unless he finds that quick I think he'll end up at a lower end Premier League club, like Southampton.

Wonder if City plan to replace Jesus and Sterling. Jesus out, Haaland in is pretty decent, so no big loss there, but Sterling will be pretty big.

They'll lose Fernandinho and Zinchenko too most likely.

Wonder if City plan to replace Jesus and Sterling. Jesus out, Haaland in is pretty decent, so no big loss there, but Sterling will be pretty big.

They'll lose Fernandinho and Zinchenko too most likely.
Alvarez is coming.
They had 100M Grealish on the bench with Sterling too. They have zero problems.

Alvarez is coming.
They had 100M Grealish on the bench with Sterling too. They have zero problems.
Fair point, easy to forget those fuckers have infinite money and all the players who don't play a lot.

His running off the ball is great along with his posistional play, however its the finishing that lets him down.
Applies to a few of your players. Trossard is the other one that really sticks out, if he had average finishing, he'd probably be on 12 to 15 goals a season, and attracting the attention of bigger clubs.

His running off the ball is great along with his posistional play, however its the finishing that lets him down.

Yeah, by dog shit I'm talking about his finishing for a striker. His actual overall game is fine and he always works his arse off. There's quite a lot to like about him but he'll never score many goals.

Applies to a few of your players. Trossard is the other one that really sticks out, if he had average finishing, he'd probably be on 12 to 15 goals a season, and attracting the attention of bigger clubs.
Trossard is a funny one. At the start of the season alot of us had him as an impact sub , when he comes back from international duty he is on fire, again though its 3 brilliant games then 2 where you would of thought he wasnt on the pitch. He can be so inconsistant

Would have taken Sterling for us for the right money. Yeah, he's been shit for England in the last few games but people have short memory's, and let's face it, who wasn't in the Nations League? He guarantees 15 goals a season and is rarely injured. Have to say it would be a good signing for Chelsea as he's more effective than the likes of Pulisic and Ziyech.

Weird Man City would be ok with selling him to Chelsea.
Spurs, Chelsea and United pretty much the only viable destinations for him. Real probably not interested, Barca can't afford him. Bayern just got Mane, and they also don't like to splash out. PSG have Messi, Mbappe, Neymar. Italian clubs can't afford him.

He also likely doesn't want to leave the PL. Woolwich and their Europa league is too big a step down. United is also a mess, but at least they can afford his price/wages. We could afford him but would we? He also faces competition from Son/Kulu.

Chelsea are pretty much the one club big enough or successful enough for him to accept, that has enough money and a free slot in the starting 11.

If Salah goes as well, we can definitely finish ahead of them.

Salah playing at 70-80% might even be enough to push us beyond them.

He doesn't strike me as the type to put in 100% for a club unwilling to pay him what he - correctly or not -thinks, he deserves. And even less so in the last 3-4 months, if an injury could cost him a free transfer windfall.

Back
Top Bottom