Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like their fanbase is all one mind. Now the talk on Twitter from the majority of fans, including some big Woolwich podcasters is that they are looking better for the future than us, our recent transfers are all short sighted and they have the depth as City? WTF is happening?
Assimilate Star Trek GIF by Paramount+

Nothing is certainly not better than that list of players. Those are mostly good footballers.
Raphina is the only one I'd consider, and not likely at the price people have been mentioning. Plus, to get them in Woolwich will pay them ridiculous wages that they won't live up to and which will make them impossible to shift when they fail to live up to the unrealistic expectations.

We've seen this movie before.

Raphina is the only one I'd consider, and not likely at the price people have been mentioning. Plus, to get them in Woolwich will pay them ridiculous wages that they won't live up to and which will make them impossible to shift when they fail to live up to the unrealistic expectations.

We've seen this movie before.

Jesus is a good footballer, more than good enough for a top 4 club. He wasn't a good enough striker for City's ambitions but he will do well there and would be good here, too. I don't watch Portuguese football but Vieira is U21 Portuguese captain and rated very highly by Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb who does. I've read a lot of positive stuff about Martinez too. Raphinha is arguably the 3rd best RW in the league.

I assume Turner is a backup keeper, so fine. But it's decent business for a EL club. We're doing better business but they're looking to get in to the CL whereas we want to close the gap. I'd be happy with what they're doing if I was a Woolwich fan.

Jesus is a good footballer, more than good enough for a top 4 club. He wasn't a good enough striker for City's ambitions but he will do well there and would be good here, too. I don't watch Portuguese football but Vieira is U21 Portuguese captain and rated very highly by Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb who does. I've read a lot of positive stuff about Martinez too. Raphinha is arguably the 3rd best RW in the league.

I assume Turner is a backup keeper, so fine. But it's decent business for a EL club. We're doing better business but they're looking to get in to the CL whereas we want to close the gap. I'd be happy with what they're doing if I was a Woolwich fan.
Jesus is beyond avg. he barely scored any goals with the likes of KDB, Silva, and Cancelo behind him.

Viera has started 20 games in 3 years and didn’t even finish the 90 in 12 of them. If he was actually good he would be playing in the full national team.

Martinez is like 5’6”. If they sign him he’s going to be absolutely bullied in the PL.

Raphina is probably the only one I would sign for rotation sakes.

They and you clearly are hyping avg players just like they did last season for the to finish 8th.

Jesus is beyond avg. he barely scored any goals with the likes of KDB, Silva, and Cancelo behind him.

Viera has started 20 games in 3 years and didn’t even finish the 90 in 12 of them. If he was actually good he would be playing in the full national team.

Martinez is like 5’6”. If they sign him he’s going to be absolutely bullied in the PL.

Raphina is probably the only one I would sign for rotation sakes.

They and you clearly are hyping avg players just like they did last season for the to finish 8th.

He's got a good record of getting assists + has double figures for goals every season but last.

He also scored 6 and assisted 14, and if you don't start for a Portuguese team loaded with AM talent you're no good?

He's 5'9, but yes he's shit if you take 3 inches off his height. I have no idea what role/setup Woolwich are going but there's ways to compensate for height.

They finished 5th last season. Just because I'm not going to call all their signings shit because they've been linked doesn't mean I'm overhyping them. They're signing some highly rated footballers, good for them, so are we.

Back
Top Bottom