Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know people talk about the "Way Paratici operates" negotiates several deals at once then pulls the trigger. That's a bit weird though isn't it? it would suggest he enters in to some negotiations without any intention of doing a deal? Surely the club player in question, let's say Torres/Villerreal in this instance would be fairly fucked off by being used like that no?

or am I getting it all wrong?
I think you are getting it wrong. If he is looking at LCB and has 3 options, he goes into negotiations with each club. Each player has a value that Paratici will accept. I’m sure it is a little more complicated but that’s the general idea.

It is like having an A, B and C option but discussing all 3 at once instead of waiting forever to see if option A works out like United seem to be doing with De Jong.

I know people talk about the "Way Paratici operates" negotiates several deals at once then pulls the trigger. That's a bit weird though isn't it? it would suggest he enters in to some negotiations without any intention of doing a deal? Surely the club player in question, let's say Torres/Villerreal in this instance would be fairly fucked off by being used like that no?

Depends how you define "no intention".......

I think it's fair to say that clubs accept that a lot of the hot air and 'enquiry' about players won't necessarily amount to a deal getting done.... Just part of the game when you're throwing 10s and 100s or millions around.

On the flipside; why would you enter into a big money deal with a player and conceed to them and their clubs demands without a strong insight into other transactions of a similar profile?

No one cares what Woolwich are bidding. All the players they buy are shit. Martinez is a midget who plays center back.

They spend 200 mil every summer and do fuck all.
Once again, as with the viera kid and Tielemans, they're one of the clubs who desperately need to avoid buying weak/small players but they're doubling down.

We could afford to bring in those players cos we have great physicality from Romero, Dier, PEH, Kane, Kulu, and Bissouma.

However, as another poster said, if Ndicka et al are plan B signings, might as well get someone in on loan instead for this year (Lenglet) and go for our plan A next summer.

Of course at the price Ndicka is supposedly available for (20m), it's probably a low risk, so we need to be sure we can move him on next summer, if we are able to get our plan A target. That's where it becomes tricky.
If there was a guarantee that plan A would materialize next summer, yes. But Bastoni may very well still be home-sick and if Gvardiol keeps on improving he'll be out of Spur's price range (he already is anyway). I doubt that Conte will be up for such waiting games: he wants success, and he wants it now.
If Ndicka indeed becomes a regular at Spurs I doubt they would consider moving him and if they wanted to they would easily double the said £20m (if he becomes a "solid" regular that is).

Woolwich bidding 40m for Lisandro Martinez.

Thats 110m before you even consider Raphina. They sound like the club who've had 150m injected.

And they've been spending fairly big for a few years now, and where has it got them? It's obvious they don't have a clue and even worse a coach that will screw it all up anyways.

Hello!

New to the forum - I'm from Singapore have been a Spurs fan since 1991 and will be making my way to London for a work trip on the 3rd week of August - so hopefully I'll be able to catch a game live in the Stadium...

And to ensure that my post is relevant to transfer rumours...

I think Gordon will be an exceptional buy if the price is right. He's young, English, plenty of upside and won't mind sitting on the bench as an understudy to Kane, Son and Kulu. With the 5-subs rule next season and the amount of games we're hoping to play, we'll definitely need as much depth as possible.

Woolwich bidding 40m for Lisandro Martinez.

Thats 110m before you even consider Raphina. They sound like the club who've had 150m injected.

Perhaps you would prefer to spin back the clock and sign Jesus and an unproven kid from Porto instead then?

I'll stick with Peresic & Bissouma and legit improvement of our first XI thanks.

Does make sense to be fair. I'd be questioning them too if they would sell Gordon.

They key bit is forget about aruging over 5m here or there. get the deal done if these are the players conte wants. they owe us for dele when he gets to 20 appearances and im sure there is a sell on clause. Write all that off. Plus they want winks. so we can definitely do something there.

When speaking in an exclusive interview with the ECHO back in January, Gordon – reflecting on past links with a transfer to Bayern Munich – spelled out his own thoughts on his Blues future in crystal clear terms, saying: “I’ve never wanted to leave Everton. It’s my home, I’m a Scouser and a home bird as well.

“The thought of leaving home scares me. It probably wasn’t for me and I never really considered it
.”

Gordon
I read somewhere that allegedly Conte doesn't think young Italian or Spanish players should leave their home country before the age of about 23-24. For reasons of "emotional maturity".

I wonder what age he'd put on scousers leaving Liverpool?

:contehandshead:

Gordon would 100% come in as an alternative to Spence at RWB - think he would be really good there and for similar money from the reports.

Just can’t see Everton letting him go for peanuts

However, as another poster said, if Ndicka et al are plan B signings, might as well get someone in on loan instead for this year (Lenglet) and go for our plan A next summer.

Of course at the price Ndicka is supposedly available for (20m), it's probably a low risk, so we need to be sure we can move him on next summer, if we are able to get our plan A target. That's where it becomes tricky.

Next year, another year has passed.... Davies is then pushing 31 and maybe one of Sanchez, Rodon or Tanganga is closer to the door.

If come next summer we ended up with Ndicka here already playing well AND a marque LCB such as Bastoni or Gvardiol I doubt anyone would be too upset.

Or is it that he lets the media believe he is negotiating for several players at the same time, reducing the risk of others outbidding us etc as no one has any genuine idea of who he is actually negotiating for...?

I think you are getting it wrong. If he is looking at LCB and has 3 options, he goes into negotiations with each club. Each player has a value that Paratici will accept. I’m sure it is a little more complicated but that’s the general idea.

It is like having an A, B and C option but discussing all 3 at once instead of waiting forever to see if option A works out like United seem to be doing with De Jong.

Yeh, I think it's another one of these things that gets over-played only to achieve meme-status.

Back
Top Bottom