Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Raphinha still waiting for Barcelona to have the money to buy him in 2100

skeleton terrifying GIF

When it's that or the divs from Woolwich; you can't blame him really.

As I said I don't really see Gordon as great cover for our front 3 but if the intention is to make him our first choice RWB that makes a lot more sense. He would be way more exciting than Spence imo and is proven against the best teams in this division.

If we do end up with:
Forster
Perisic
Bissouma
Richarlison
Gordon
Lenglet

I think it is a very solid window.

It might not have the wow factor of a Bastoni/Gvardiol/Martinez but adding Perisic, Gordon and Bissouma to arguably our weakest positions in the first XI (sorry hobby/benta) will have a bigger impact than most are anticipating.

And of course our depth is improved significantly.

I'm still hoping for a bit more than the above in terms of quality but I wouldn't be too down on that bunch.

I wouldn't be happy with Lenglet but if we can't get the quality we want, keeping the powder dry for next summer makes sense.

Though tbh, I don't see why we couldn't nab Ndicka for £20m (final year of contract) instead. If he doesn't meet requirements, we can sell him and/or Sanchez next season and go again for Gvardiol.

Must admit, the comments about Ndicka sounded like he ticked a lot of boxes.

the only problem with tht is its clearly a cunt off to watford and if they went down a legal route they probably win. the only way to help everton is to give them winks in exchange as whos to say how much hes worth? the dele deal has been agreed, surely we cant change the terms of that agreement to shaft watford?
They certainly wouldn’t win. These things happen all the time. We worked a flanker with Swansea when we bought Davies and Michel Vorm. There was a sell on with Vorm so we paid a bit more for Davies and a bit less for Vorm. They complained and got nowhere. We did it with Lo Celso to save Betis some money as they had a sell to pay PSG.
Business is business as Daniel would say.

Lucas is a much better attacking option than Gordon, if he was at Everton he would double his output at least.

If we did get Gordon it would be for the HG + potential to be moulded in to a wing back factor. I just don't see it with him as a wide player, he offers threat running at players but little else. Conte wanted Adama for RWB and I'd see this as a similar deal.

That seemed debatable tbh..... Some reports suggested Conte wasn't overly fussed.

Seemed to be more about Fab than Tony; which makes sense considering we'd already showed an interest in the summer.

I know people talk about the "Way Paratici operates" negotiates several deals at once then pulls the trigger. That's a bit weird though isn't it? it would suggest he enters in to some negotiations without any intention of doing a deal? Surely the club player in question, let's say Torres/Villerreal in this instance would be fairly fucked off by being used like that no?

or am I getting it all wrong?

Although Gordon looked very decent for Everton in a breakout season for him, not sure he is what we ideally need, take into consideration the fact he is a massive evertonian thru & thru, boyhood club and his family's aswell, plus guaranteed playing time at Goodison, perfect for his development.

I dont see him being a main starter, i dont see him able to do the playmaker role either not his his main strengths , so in essence he would be back up on the wings and some game time in league cups and maybe FA for squad rotation.

Lucas is a much better attacking option than Gordon, if he was at Everton he would double his output at least.

If we did get Gordon it would be for the HG + potential to be moulded in to a wing back factor. I just don't see it with him as a wide player, he offers threat running at players but little else. Conte wanted Adama for RWB and I'd see this as a similar deal.
Not saying he scored or created loads, but for me his general influence in the game is greater than Moura's. He does all the legwork, but doesn't lose possession all the time.

If we signed Gordon I could only see it as a wing back option. He doesn't provide enough goals from out wide and he's shit at linking play.

Very hard worker, very tenacious, quick, can dribble past players and can cross .. so RWB alternative to Spence, perhaps..?
Agree that he would be a WB. But he can play on both flanks.

Must admit, the comments about Ndicka sounded like he ticked a lot of boxes.
However, as another poster said, if Ndicka et al are plan B signings, might as well get someone in on loan instead for this year (Lenglet) and go for our plan A next summer.

Of course at the price Ndicka is supposedly available for (20m), it's probably a low risk, so we need to be sure we can move him on next summer, if we are able to get our plan A target. That's where it becomes tricky.

When speaking in an exclusive interview with the ECHO back in January, Gordon – reflecting on past links with a transfer to Bayern Munich – spelled out his own thoughts on his Blues future in crystal clear terms, saying: “I’ve never wanted to leave Everton. It’s my home, I’m a Scouser and a home bird as well.

“The thought of leaving home scares me. It probably wasn’t for me and I never really considered it
.”

Gordon
What a surprise that Spurs are after yet another home-sick player :cool:

Back
Top Bottom