Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chill.
The.
Fuck.
Out.

Up to now, we have signed TWO certain starters that will massively improve our side.

In the end of last season, Chelsea practically fell over the finish line. Barely staying ahead of us.

They will have revamp of whole club structure with so many key pefsonell changing.
Their fucking defense will run towards 4 winds and have lost 2 key players in this area.

Right now we are on +2 they in - 2.
TW not closed yet and stuff can change.

I see no reason to panic as we stand.

I'm not panicking. Why do people assume a different assessment is panic?

I'd be happy with top 4 again this season. Finishing behind Chelsea would be no disaster, they have a very strong squad and an elite manager. The signings we've made are really good, but from who they're being linked to it seems they're looking at strengthening more than people assumed post Roman.

I'm not panicking. Why do people assume a different assessment is panic?

I'd be happy with top 4 again this season. Finishing behind Chelsea would be no disaster, they have a very strong squad and an elite manager. The signings we've made are really good, but from who they're being linked to it seems they're looking at strengthening more than people assumed post Roman.

What I would say is that we cannot stop other teams strengthening. We can't sign everyone and there's more than one of each type of player out there who would strengthen any top 6 team.

No point worrying about what Chelsea will do. We've made two very very good signings already who improve our first team, and a solid GK back up who might actually be able to make a couple of saves when required...

We'll no doubt get a couple more players in, and make no mistake, I doubt any of those would be brought in without Conte approving it.

I trust Conte.

What I would say is that we cannot stop other teams strengthening. We can't sign everyone and there's more than one of each type of player out there who would strengthen any top 6 team.

No point worrying about what Chelsea will do. We've made two very very good signings already who improve our first team, and a solid GK back up who might actually be able to make a couple of saves when required...

We'll no doubt get a couple more players in, and make no mistake, I doubt any of those would be brought in without Conte approving it.

I trust Conte.

Oh I'm not complaining we haven't signed Raphinha or whatever. He was too expensive for us to be a backup RW, and would probably have chosen Chelsea anyway.

I agree. Again, what we've done so far has been really good. I think you can recognise that but also still recognise a couple of concerns. I expect Perisic & Bissouma to be significant upgrades for us and cement us in the top four.

Is this you coming around on him Matt?

He needs to sort his diving out and more to the point, he HAS to get up after he's done it. If he can change that then I might warm to him more. This is not shithousery as some might say, it's purely embarrassing.
If he sorts that out then focusses on playing he could be useful. My other fear with him, that he was maybe too self serving and not a team player was put to rest by lots of Evertonians who rated his work and team ethic above all else.

He needs to sort his diving out and more to the point, he HAS to get up after he's done it. If he can change that then I might warm to him more. This is not shithousery as some might say, it's purely embarrassing.
If he sorts that out then focusses on playing he could be useful. My other fear with him, that he was maybe too self serving and not a team player was put to rest by lots of Evertonians who rated his work and team ethic above all else.
Fully agree about the diving and staying down part.

Don’t think we should be too concerned about the team player aspect, he seems well liked and never came across as a diva or anything. Plus you’d think he’d realise that he’s not going to be billy big bollocks when coming to spurs.

I also have a problem with his face. I'm hoping some reconstructive surgery might be part of the deal.

Miguel Herrera Win GIF

Looks like the set piece expert has scope for quite a lot of improvement at Spurs. Glad to see we are trying to increase our goal scoring options for multiple angles. An extra 10+ goals a season looks plausible

Wonder if we change our set piece takers as well !

Chill.
The.
Fuck.
Out.

Up to now, we have signed TWO certain starters that will massively improve our side.

In the end of last season, Chelsea practically fell over the finish line. Barely staying ahead of us.

They will have revamp of whole club structure with so many key pefsonell changing.
Their fucking defense will run towards 4 winds and have lost 2 key players in this area.

Seems they'll get who they need to keep ahead of us or at least remain competitive. Raphina is better than all their current attackers, as is Sterling. Those two seem to be pretty much done.

They're also after Kounde, which may even be an upgrade on Christiansen. They're also looking to sign Koulibaly, not an upgrade on Rudiger but would be better than Ben Davies, or Dier.

Just those 3 signings keep them ahead of us, unless we make a bigger splash. As a starting 11, they'd be better than us in almost every position except the front 3.

Chill.
The.
Fuck.
Out.

Stop melting

Looks like the set piece expert has scope for quite a lot of improvement at Spurs. Glad to see we are trying to increase our goal scoring options for multiple angles. An extra 10+ goals a season looks plausible

Wonder if we change our set piece takers as well !

Yeah, I've been banging on about our set pieces for a while. Very welcome news.

Back
Top Bottom