Clément Lenglet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m sure there will be plenty of level headed and reasonable opinions from everyone here on this signing

Monchi bought him for Sevilla, Valverde signed him at Barcelona and now Conte and paratici want him at spurs. Sure he might have had a bad time of it in Barcelona but that club has been a mess in recent times. I think I’ll trust them rather than a few fifa and football manger nerds who watch the occasional game.

New contacts between #Tottenham and #FCBarcelona , total agreement between the parties for the loan of Clement Lenglet 🇫🇷 to the court of Antonio Conte. Another shot of the ds Paratici, will come on loan with the right of redemption 🔜 ⏳ #THFC #FCB @TuttoMercatoWeb

Never forget the experts said Ndombele was the second coming and Kulusevski was shit so let's give the fella a chance and judge him then.
Too quick to judge by many folk. Conte would not green light this if he thought he was going to be a hindrance rather than a help. He has improved a few of our lads in the short time he’s been at the club (Sess, Dav) & the “underwhelming” rejects from Juve have done pretty well under Antonio.
Everyone just needs to relax because Conte seems to know what he’s doing and if this one is a fuck up, it’s a low risk fuck up.

if he doesnt work out hes only on loan so not a biggy. looks like we tried to get a bunch of LCB's and kept getting rejected. lenglet looked very good for barca a few years ago so hopefully conte can get him back to his best. if he doesnt, he goes back to barca and at least we havent lost an absolute fortune like we have on ndombele and gio....small gamble which could pay off.

also playing in a 3 is a dream for a CB as its really hard to be shit in a 3. if hes decent with the ball at his feet hes going to be played in a position thats ideal for him.

Too quick to judge by many folk. Conte would not green light this if he thought he was going to be a hindrance rather than a help. He has improved a few of our lads in the short time he’s been at the club (Sess, Dav) & the “underwhelming” rejects from Juve have done pretty well under Antonio.
Everyone just needs to relax because Conte seems to know what he’s doing and if this one is a fuck up, it’s a low risk fuck up.

No fuck Conte just go on twitter signing this guy I think we are getting relegated & Gabriel Jesus will score 100 goals against us...

Loan with an option is good. Very little risk and might make getting the primary target easier.

There’s a lot to sell/loan out too. Hopefully we’ll get that rolling as well.

The main thing is look at Conte's record with making players amazing bring them from out of nowhere

This guy has talent and our system will protect him, can see Davies starting the season and Lenglet impressing as rotation

Winks
Emerson
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele

Conte is fucking amazing but he doesn't have a 100% success rate with improvement in players

What I will say, is that maybe he sees something in Lenglet that makes him think he can.

Only me who thinks it’s odd we didn’t go for Martinez instead ? Especially as Ajax want Stevie so desperately

hobbit GIF

No fuck Conte just go on twitter signing this guy I think we are getting relegated & Gabriel Jesus will score 100 goals against us...
Conte doesn’t want to make up the numbers in any competition. He’s got a winners mentality. He would only green light any signing if he thought the player would help him achieve his own aims of remaining a serial winner. He won’t always get it right, but I’m chilled with any of his signings because his vision is clear.

Go again for genuine quality targets next season if they're not available this summer and put our trust in Davies as a starter for the season - Lenglet as support.

Sensible
They’re saying we still want another CB though

Winks
Emerson
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele

Conte is fucking amazing but he doesn't have a 100% success rate with improvement in players

What I will say, is that maybe he sees something in Lenglet that makes him think he can.

Yeah but a longer list of players he's turned around, most wanted Davies & Dier gone before Conte made them play well in a back 3, Lenglet has footballing ability and a system with 2 defensive miss and a full pre season will be good for him

It's a loan with option nothing wrong with this deal in my opinion, if he can get him to what he played at Sevilla we have a world class defender

Conte doesn’t want to make up the numbers in any competition. He’s got a winners mentality. He would only green light any signing if he thought the player would help him achieve his own aims of remaining a serial winner. He won’t always get it right, but I’m chilled with any of his signings because his vision is clear.

True, this guy has ability too, nothing wrong with this transfer

Back
Top Bottom