Clément Lenglet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks
Emerson
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele

Conte is fucking amazing but he doesn't have a 100% success rate with improvement in players

What I will say, is that maybe he sees something in Lenglet that makes him think he can.
Tbf he didn't have a pre/full season with them.

All those players are just wrong for him (for various reasons) regardless of how much he may be able to improve them over time (which is limited in most cases, there).

Pretty similar reactions by some Juve fans when we signed Bentancur and Kulusevski. Apparently Conte thinks Lenglet can be a useful player for our team, that's good enough for me for now.

Totally agree. I was extremely underwhelmed by those 2 because I stupidly judged the comments from bitter Juventus fans. Bentacur was awful and couldn’t pass. Kuluvesci was a waste of space and rubbish etc etc. Both joined and we’re an absolute revelation. I trust in Conte. Welcome Lenglet!!

Another like Kulu who was/is a good player at the wrong club, unsure how he'd take to the English game tbh, but a try before you buy would be good.

Undoubted quality and a centre back with a decent left peg and tonnes of experience. Worth a go.

A lack of confidence destroys a player. Maybe a change of scenery is what Lenglet needs as well. It worked wonders for Bentancur and especially Kulusevski. Pre-season will be crucial for Conte to see if Lenglet and Davies can handle a season at LCB or if we need more reinforcements.

Whilst Dier and Romero are out there Reservoir Dogs’ing people, Clement et Hugo a la derrière:

smoking.gif

La-bise-Broute.gif

Fuck me looks an absolute baller. Can pass like Toby as well. Or maybe a French John Stones.

Assume he must be defensively weak then otherwise why the negative opinions of him?

Someone for Hugo to talk to at the back as well
good with the ball at his feet, which is what weve lacked from deep, resulting in us struggling to break down sides sitting deep. the fact hes in a 3 means hes going to have players very close to him when defending so even if he is weak in that aspect, hes going to be well protected.

this has the potential to be a masterstroke.

being in a back 3 really is about how good you are on the ball, its a system that protects the actual CB's more than any other. team mates should be in close proximity when youre defending, esepecially when the 2 CM's are basically cdms, then the wing backs come back to help out too. if youre a shit CB in this system then you should hang your boots up.

the only thing that could be a disaster is if hes a pussy like winks, and hes scared of 50-50s. i trust he isnt though because conte wouldnt touch him. thats literally the only concern with a CB in a back 3, whether they have bottle, because youre going to be in a lot of collisions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom