Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awesome business getting this done so early. Absolutely necessary to get majority of guys in before the grueling pre season-not only getting players up to Conte’s speed- but maybe more importantly, team building through all of it.

I get the trepidation about Lenglet, but on a loan (is there an option to buy? Would be even better) he makes a lot of sense if they’re not getting Bastoni Or Gvardiol. It’s exciting to hear we’re in for another CB as well.
As others have said, that’s it for Rodon and Davinson.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if we buy either Guehi/ Bremer who both have better chance of challenging for first XI.
But it is annoying that we have an error prone CB as a back up. We already had that with Sanchez who is now slightly improved. It's better for a back up to be someone you can rely on rather than someone known for great passing from the back.
Guehi seems like the most interesting option. Don't know how good he is but Palace fans rate him VERY highly.

Maybe with Dier leading the pack he could be good.

Would be very expensive, if they're even willing to sell.

Pretty certain Lenglet is a Rodon replacement, he’s capable of playing CCB and obviously LCB, and we’ll be be buying another more high profile CB.

Lenglet is a left footer and improves us in possession, a current weakness. Doubt he makes more than 15-20 appearances in all competitions.

Low risk, high reward if he regains form. Really feels like we’re going to fuck over inter for Inter for Bremer now, which would be great.

ZZ0x.gif

🎶🎵🎶🎵

A-Leng-a-Let, A-Leng-a-Let, A-Leng-a-Let,
...In tha jungle tha mighty jungle, the Clement sleeps toniiiiiiiiiighttt..

Guehi seems like the most interesting option. Don't know how good he is but Palace fans rate him VERY highly.

Maybe with Dier leading the pack he could be good.

Would be very expensive, if they're even willing to sell.
Exciting prospect, good on the ball and HG. I have a suspicion we are going to bring in Guehi and Lenglet with Rodon & Sanchez/ Tanganga outgoings (could be loan).

luc1986

Well-Known Member​

Aug 1, 20082,09535,496
MOVEMENT!!!! 🤣

He will come in as competition for Dier etc.

We will be signing another CB. Who that will be I don't yet know, but Bremer was looking good although I've heard nothing since my last update.

Spence to arrive shortly and will be three more through the door for the start of pre season.

So refreshing to get so much business done early.

People still doubting what we all said in Jan?! 👀🤣😗

what a twat

Biggest twat ITK ever seen on there, and that’s saying something. Total guesser and after timer. Funny how he hasn’t mentioned Lenglet at all until just now. Cock.

Barca's CBs don't get much protection, so it should be easier for him at Spurs. He's good on the ball. He's also tall / strong enough for a PL centre back.
And he’s got the human shields of Bissouma, Hojberg, Bentancur & / or Skipp ahead of him.
Plus his international team captain behind him. I think he will be fine.

If Rodon goes I reckon it'll only be on loan.

Rodon out on loan and Lenglet in on loan seems like a pretty good situation. Lenglet is more experienced, higher ceiling, and fills a need (left footed and good passer).

While Rodon out on loan gives him the much needed opportunity to play at the PL level. Maybe he has a great season and comes back into the fold or increases his value.

Neither Lenglet or Rodon are likely to play a lot here, if Lenglet doesn’t play a lot it doesn’t matter because he’s not our player and his value doesn’t matter to us. Whereas with Rodon him not playing just tanks his value and kills his development.

Back
Top Bottom