Clément Lenglet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember when I did my GSCE in French at school, my teacher told us all that we were going to have a hard time understanding French grammar, because we didn’t get taught grammar in English. He wasn’t wrong!

On elision, we (English) have a tendency to pronounce words as we see them, which isn’t how a lot of languages work.
But the funny thing is, most English people/kids DON'T pronounce the final consonant when they should - don't you remember as a kid being constantly told to sound your T's, etc?

I have a long-held theory (which I just invented) that when kids learn French, they're so used to being told to sound the end of English words they feel they have to do the same in French, even when they're told not to. Soppy little cunts.

bentancur is even worse than Winks going forward. People on here who slate Hojbjerg will lose their shit over him.
I'm happy that Kulusevski is an option to buy and not obligation.
Thinking Kulusevski is being brought in to form the number 8 of a midfield 3 with Son and Kane playing up top.
Panic purchase from Paradodgy whilst doing his mates a favour. Kulusevski does not suit the Conte set up whatsoever with the small amount of hope being that he can adopt as the more advanced of a midfield 3.

If the plan was to play him in an advanced attacking position in a 3 we are in big trouble.

Unsurprised he doesn't rate Lenglet either as he doesn't have a fucking clue about football whatsoever.

Waiting to find out he's actually American as he's so clueless.

Where it's the most played sport, that I've actually been actively involved in for the majority of my life? Yes.
330M people live in America and a lot of them have played and followed the sport just as long as you. Particularly the ones that happened to have signed up for a small forum dedicated to one team.

Unsurprised he doesn't rate Lenglet either as he doesn't have a fucking clue about football whatsoever.

Waiting to find out he's actually American as he's so clueless.
I got those 2 absolutely wrong and I held my hand up numerous times.

What about my posts about Richarlison in the January window (you know when i said he would be the ideal signing when it looked impossible)? or my posts on Bissouma in that same window?

why don't you quote that you weirdo stalker.

Last edited:
Only me who thinks it’s odd we didn’t go for Martinez instead ? Especially as Ajax want Stevie so desperately
I really like him and think he'd be great, but I figure height and possibly Erdevisie will have been a big mark against him.. and I wouldn't argue too strongly against that. Makes sense that defensive signings we make should be 6'2 or so given that Romero and Davies aren't the tallest.

Back
Top Bottom