Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of the time he just sounds like what he is .. a New Zealander. Then occasionally it's like he remembers he's meant to be playing a Brit and overdoes it. I guess to most people outside the U.K the New Zealand/Australian/Brit accents don't all sound too different.
It was be caused he couldn't do a convincing American accent... Why he decided to do a dodgy Cockney rather than his own who knows.

Yeh it was shaping up to be that way and then someone told me this is happening:

champions league dancing GIF by BT Sport
That guy is the epitome of a bellend nonce (so was pogba, manure been full of them)

Thoughts on RWB……. :sonhmm:

It would seem from our many, ambitious and early dealings that Conte wants to go for a title this season and ENIC is backing him.

That’s fantastic.

We’ve strengthened some “weak” positions (CM and LWB) and even some strong positions (£60m Richarlison is in no way a guaranteed starter because of Kane-Son-Kulu).

That’s fantastic.

But it leaves me puzzled about our RWB-strategy.

We seem to be getting Spence, a promising young player, which in itself is great.

In addition, we have Emerson and Doherty. They’ve both had some good and bad spells, but I don’t think either would be considered good enough to start in a title-chasing PL team. And as for Spence, I don’t think anyone would demand or expect that he can jump from the Championship to the first 11 in a title-chasing PL team.

So, although I basically like all 3, it just seems like our strategy for RWB is a bit disjointed from the rest of the strategy. It would make the most sense to get a better RWB than to get more RWB’s this season.

Or is it just me?:avbcringe:

Disclaimer: Very happy with this window so far, just digging into the finer details here.

Two words. Victor Moses.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhoScored
WhoScored.com
@WhoScored

Eric Dier hasn't committed a single error leading to an opposition goal in his last 110 Premier League appearances dating back to February 2018 (vs Liverpool)

9:10 AM · May 24, 2022·TweetDeck

No idea if this is true, but saw it last week. Surprised if it actually is, but would certainly go against perception. Mine included.
Error leading to an opposition goal is one of the stupidest and most subjective stats out there.

Dier got absolutely skinned when we conceded to Brighton in the 90th minute. Yet it doesn’t count because whoever made the stat only counts really really bad errors (whatever that means). The errors I typically see given are turnovers that lead directly to a goal or missed clearances. Letting your man walk right past you is not considered an error for whatever reason. A more useful stat would be opponents xG (or scoring chances) that come from errors because once the error happens, the defender often has no control over whether the attacker scores or not.

Dier was very good last year and this is nothing against him, just the dumb stat.

Last edited:
What about the last minute Brighton goal when instead of confronting Trossard on the 6 yard box , he tried to cover across to where the ball might go. It went into the net.
Dier has done ok but it does help to have Romero next to you. Will prob go to the World Cup but that because we are struggling for top defenders. We haven’t got any.

I think it’s the HG factor that will determine quite a lot. We need some in, especially if we ship some out, which looks highly likely. It’s a pain in the arse but other teams seem to manage it so we will have to wait and see. I’m certain that Fab & Conte have got it all planned out.
:contepray:
With Spence we will have 7 HG. Can have a squad of 24 with that. Don’t need to have 25, a lot of clubs don’t.

Calm down dear, i was only saying i liked having a laugh with my mates.

I've posted on here before about a time i met Wilshire and his mates at a Libertines gig in Hyde Park..... Shortarsed little twat, with his mates twatted off their face, him giving it the big do you know who i am. Wanker

Absolutely can't stand lad-ism btw

Yeah I think what I said and the tone was lost in the writing,
I know people who's idea of "having a laugh" is getting pissed and doing really, really stupid shit. Pissing on things, fighting, damaging things etc. There's not much else to it than that really. Walking around in a large group acting 'ard.

Reading FC youth star joins Premier League giants Tottenham Hostpur

Tottenham Hotspur pick up Reading FC teen Tyrell Ashcroft​

Former Reading youth star Tyrell Ashcroft has joined the set-up at Premier League Tottenham Hotspur.

17-year-old Ashcroft made four first team appearances last season, making his debut at the Den in a 1-0 defeat to Millwall in November.

He was also a regular for Noel Hunt's Under-23s playing more than 20 times in PL2.
The full-back was among a large group of youth players offered new terms at the SCL Stadium but the soon-to-be 18-year-old opted to join Antonio Conte's Spurs in the capital.

Back
Top Bottom