Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a good man.

Wish him the best.

Forever etched in my memory...

riqfluo8msnz.jpg

True but it’s the nature of difference. A Texan accent, Mid West and New York accent are different from each other but they still have a degree of similarity in terms of inflection.

A Glaswegian, Scouse, West Country and Cockney accent have almost no similarity. There is just greater difference.

Not disagreeing, nor arguing, nor do i want to further derail us, but i do find this stuff interesting.

I just wanted to note that while your generally correct, different regions do have some different words for things.

What I'd call a "water fountain", someone in Massachusetts would call a "bubblah" (bubbler). We have hoagies, grinders or subs (sandwiches) depending on where you live. And even in the south from state to state (probably no surprise) there are different accents. Texans don't always sound like North Carolinians who don't always sound like West Virginians, etc etc.

Anyway....

ANNOUNCE SPENCE!!!

OR LENGLET!!!

Or anyone! It's been almost half a day since we had a new signing!

Seems like Conte is very keen on Lenglet and called him to come to us over Juve. Very interesting.

Maybe all the talk of another CB (Bremer/Torres/Ndicka) is unlikely. Rodon goes, Sanchez stays?

I like Sanchez. Have absolutely no issue with him being ‘back up’
Got to say i hope not as Sanchez isn’t up to it. He just isn’t im afraid, never has been, we simply bought the Ajax hype and over paid.

But we can’t improve on him if better players don’t want to move. Might have to be next summer when we are seen as a better bet having pushed much closer to the top this season.

Not disagreeing, nor arguing, nor do i want to further derail us, but i do find this stuff interesting.

I just wanted to note that while your generally correct, different regions do have some different words for things.

What I'd call a "water fountain", someone in Massachusetts would call a "bubblah" (bubbler). We have hoagies, grinders or subs (sandwiches) depending on where you live. And even in the south from state to state (probably no surprise) there are different accents. Texans don't always sound like North Carolinians who don't always sound like West Virginians, etc etc.

Anyway....

ANNOUNCE SPENCE!!!

OR LENGLET!!!

Or anyone! It's been almost half a day since we had a new signing!
Patience👍👍Dont stray far from here this weekend👍👍

Back
Top Bottom