Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whoever it is, is irrelevant at this stage. It certainly isn’t a reflection on the club the player plays for. Rape is abhorrent, whoever commits it and seeing the tribal bullshit from both sides makes me sick.

Why the fuck were the very select details of him being 29 and a Premier League player based in North London released? Nothing should have been released. The media should be ashamed of themselves. The police should be ashamed of themselves. Something has to change.

None of these details should have come out at this stage. I believe someone is innocent until proven guilty - rape allegations carry tremendous weight. A friend of mine sadly killed themselves after going through a year-long ordeal of being falsely accused of raping someone who it turned out, he had never even spoken to. He found himself having family members and friends spreading rumours and questioning whether or not he did or didn’t do it, even after being found innocent.

That doesn’t detract from the severity of that crime though. If the allegations turn out to be true then the person guilty deserves to be hung. But for fucks sake, the way these things are handled sums up so much that is wrong with the world we live in.

Last edited:
The way the media has handled this is a joke. They have essentially named the player by leaving enough clues around (it’s either him or it’s a big big surprise if it’s someone else at this point!).

But we all have to pretend we don’t know who it is and in fairness we should given innocent until proven guilty. This really should have been kept out of the public eye until a decision or at least a court case starting.

Court cases are months in the making....

Can't stop the gossip hounds in the meantime.

But yeh, agreed about the info that was released.

The way the media has handled this is a joke. They have essentially named the player by leaving enough clues around (it’s either him or it’s a big big surprise if it’s someone else at this point!).

But we all have to pretend we don’t know who it is and in fairness we should given innocent until proven guilty. This really should have been kept out of the public eye until a decision or at least a court case starting.
Because they know leaving a bunch of clues will generate tons of clicks. And I’m sure the people who write these aren’t that terrible but are pretty much forced to in order to be competitive in the industry. The digital media industry needs regulations but it’s a fine line or you might turn into China. I’m honestly not sure what’s worse at this point.

I guess it's pure luck as to who takes action and who doesn't, but trust me; this was all discussed at great length after the Euros racism storm.
Wow. I'll take your word for it.

Can't believe the legal system can be this stupid... well, I can but I'm still shocked.

This is such an affront to free speech. Yes, speculation is dangerous but would you hold a debate moderator responsible for the views of one of the participants?

Wow. I'll take your word for it.

Can't believe the legal system can be this stupid... well, I can but I'm still shocked.

This is such an affront to free speech. Yes, speculation is dangerous but would you hold a debate moderator responsible for the views of one of the participants?

Laws surrounding slander and defemation are nothing new....... This isn't some new world order shit.

Same old dillema; just digital media rather than print.

Meh..... Bit of a stinky attitude considering this is a non profit, unmoderated forum run for our benefit by someone that doesn't draw a wage.
If people were on here saying stuff like “x player definitely did it I know 100%” then there’d be reason for concern. No one is doing that though, no one has said anything on here that isn’t already in the public domain.

Unless someone on here is a libel lawyer, and they want to explain why this thread needs to be locked then fair enough. But right now it’s just members of the public discussing a public news story.

If people were on here saying stuff like “x player definitely did it I know 100%” then there’d be reason for concern. No one is doing that though, no one has said anything on here that isn’t already in the public domain.

Unless someone on here is a libel lawyer, and they want to explain why this thread needs to be locked then fair enough. But right now it’s just members of the public discussing a public news story.

Similarly; unless you are a libel lawyer, then I doubt you know for sure on this topic either.

We could go round and round all day here, but your "admin is a big boy" comment was both condescending and shows that you take this platform for granted.

Moving on.

Laws surrounding slander and defemation are nothing new....... This isn't some new world order shit.

Same old dillema; just digital media rather than print.
Print is not at all the same as digital media. Print has editorial control, it's small scale.

Social media is too big to control what any given indiviual says, unless you go full facist. YouTube with it's AI driven content filtering and banning is struggling badly with arbitrary demonetisation, bans etc. It even provides YouTube cover for when they deliberately shut down content that is critical of the platform.

Benzema was convicted of trying to blackmail a team mate with a sex tape, he's appealing it at the minute.
I'm fully aware of that it's not what was being discussed Art. Everyone is hence his absence from the national side.

A French court has dropped charges of sex with an underage prostitute against footballers Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema. The judge ruled there was insufficient proof the men were aware that Zahia Dehar was a minor at the time.
These are the facts. That's not what was said. The point was and remains exactly this kind of twatter is not emblematic of reasoned debate. I count at least three actionable things said in this thread that was my point and remains it. As a few people have wisely said its exactly what the so called press wanted.

Last edited:
Maybe harsh but I was accused of abusing my crazy ex, she headbutt the wall out the back garden to break her nose then rung the police, thank fuck I have CCTV as evidence, not the same as rape obviously but stuff like this is horrible all way round
And I think my Mrs is fucking loopy. She's got nothing on her!

Hope it all worked out mate.

Whoever it is, is irrelevant at this stage. It certainly isn’t a reflection on the club the player plays for. Rape is abhorrent, whoever commits it and seeing the tribal bullshit from both sides makes me sick.

Why the fuck were the very select details of him being 29 and a Premier League player based in North London released? Nothing should have been released. The media should be ashamed of themselves. The police should be ashamed of themselves. Something has to change.

None of these details should have come out at this stage. I believe someone is innocent until proven guilty - rape allegations carry tremendous weight. A friend of mine sadly killed themselves after going through a year-long ordeal of being falsely accused of raping someone who it turned out, he had never even spoken to. He found himself having family members and friends spreading rumours and questioning whether or not he did or didn’t do it, even after being found innocent.

That doesn’t detract from the severity of that crime though. If the allegations turn out to be true then the person guilty deserves to be hung. But for fucks sake, the way these things are handled sums up so much that is wrong with the world we live in.
2 things here... yes, the media are abhorrent, because they WANT people to speculate and guess, and counter guess .. and that's why various names are coming up.

But also... if it IS who people are saying, then one half of North London will be breathing a sigh of relief.... (Let's be totally honest here... No one wants it to be one of our players.... but if it's one of theirs, fair game!)

None of this helps the alleged victim, who SHOULD be the focus of our concern... But football allegiance doesn't work like that....

Most Spurs fans' first instinct was; "I hope to fuck it wasn't a Spurs player"
and I include myself in that...

Much to my shame!
....harsh reality, but tell me I'm wrong!

Last edited:
There'd be no harm in locking this thread. I feel we could all move on to hurl abuse elsewhere, couldn't we?

Print is not at all the same as digital media.

Like I said, same dilemma; but different media......

Print has editorial control, it's small scale.

Social media is too big to control what any given indiviual says, unless you go full facist. YouTube with it's AI driven content filtering and banning is struggling badly with arbitrary demonetisation, bans etc. It even provides YouTube cover for when they deliberately shut down content that is critical of the platform.

Digital media is still in its relative infancy.... Much of it's history was barely regulated beyond the naked eye. Inevitably, we're still in a learning/adaptation phase.

I'm not suggesting there aren't complications.... Quite the contrary; hence using the word "dilemma".

He was still named just like this person should be named to stop other people and their families facing ridiculous allegations.

People's gossip hungry nature is the root problem here.....

Not protecting the name of an accused until charged.

Like I said, same dilemma; but media......

Digital media is still in its relative infancy.... Much of it's history was barely regulated beyond the naked eye. Inevitably, we're still in a learning/adaptation phase.

I'm not suggesting there aren't complications.... Quite the contrary; hence using the word "dilemma".
Digital media is practically causing a civil war in the US. It’s dangerous, and I really hope it is corralled before it is too late.

Back
Top Bottom