Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes the did you point is inaccurate .
cat slap GIF by Rover.com

Much as I wanted this thread ended….

If it does turn out to be a Woolwich player in particular, show some class and don’t tee off on them over this. Some things go beyond football and tbh, it isn’t something any club can control.

Disgusting if true, but deserves nothing but silence from us.

I’m not understanding the twitchiness in talking about an alleged rape or an alleged rapist.
It’s an awful crime that’s worthy of discussion. Rape is possibly at its highest profile ever at the moment and that’s a good thing. Cases are hopefully now being properly investigated and Prosecuted where the evidence is there.
It’s also probably the nastiest false allegation that could be made against a man. That’s why the investigative process is so important.
As for anything libellous Said against the people who had sex with an underage girl, that’s statutory rape in many countries. It was accepted that they reasonably believed the girl to be of age, which is a defence to statutory rape. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s true that the people involved had sex with an underage girl.
Which is the very essence of noncey

Benzema was convicted of trying to blackmail a team mate with a sex tape, he's appealing it at the minute.
I think these are 2 separate things entirely though.

Benzema and Ribery hired a 16 year old prostitute.. but they "had no way of knowing her age" so they were not convicted. But all the drama around that got them kicked out of the France national team until a long time after the verdict was given.

The blackmail thing with a team mate is a separate case that is unrelated I believe.

What happens ifa professional footballer touches a man in a private member’s club?
Just wondering…. Probably get nominated to run on the Tory ticket?

Still no statement from the accused or his club. With all these damaging accusations you'd think they would want to put an end to rumours for the sake of him and his family.. The silence is deafening and not helping anyone.

Apologies for not being a legal expert. If this is your field and you're suggesting I lock the thread then I'll happily do so.

How does this sort of stuff work then? I can find plenty of "Benzima is a nonce" tweets.
I would suggest that if you are in doubt then lock it. Err on the side of caution.

Still no statement from the accused or his club. With all these damaging accusations you'd think they would want to put an end to rumours for the sake of him and his family.. The silence is deafening and not helping anyone.

No one's been accused of anything, the name hasn't come out in the media - pointless responding to rumours

Back
Top Bottom