Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly that.

I'm trying to say, put a stop to the rumours by clearing him (if that's possible) by remaining silent is adding fuel to a pretty large fire.
Silence adds nothing, people will flat out choose to believe whatever they want to believe, particularly on social media.

Even if the club put out a statement, it won't stop bellends from reaching their own conclusions based on nothing but their own hatreds and agendas.

Silence adds nothing, people will flat out choose to believe whatever they want to believe, particularly on social media.

Even if the club put out a statement, it won't stop bellends from reaching their own conclusions based on nothing but their own hatreds and agendas.

This is exactly my point, people will still speculate regardless.

Oh it would.. Ben Davies posted a picture from his honeymoon and straight away the majority of us stopped thinking he was in the frame. That's how easy it is.

This is exactly my point, people will still speculate regardless.

Yep it will continue no question. It’s just then it would be we have no fucking clue who it is anymore rather than having a prime suspect.

Our club shut it down quickly via people close to the club and even Ben Davies posting pics. Woolwich could easily do the same if they wanted to. People would still speculate it just be very unclear who it was.

Still no statement from the accused or his club. With all these damaging accusations you'd think they would want to put an end to rumours for the sake of him and his family.. The silence is deafening and not helping anyone.

Weird take...... Why would the accused want to advertise the arrest?

You keep saying stuff like this, but while I appreciate the well meaning behind it; you're wrong.

Yep it will continue no question. It’s just then it would be we have no fucking clue who it is anymore rather than having a prime suspect.

Our club shut it down quickly via people close to the club and even Ben Davies posting pics. Woolwich could easily do the same if they wanted to. People would still speculate it just be very unclear who it was.

The media haven't done anyone any favours here, they've practically told everyone who it was without naming the suspect so in this instance if the player's team came out officially or unofficially people will just know they're lying.

Fingers should be pointed at the Police for this for releasing this much info into the public domain and the media for putting it all out there, it shouldn't be on the clubs to say anything because they have been backed into a corner.

Weird take...... Why would the accused want to advertise the arrest?

You keep saying stuff like this, but while I appreciate the well meaning behind it; you're wrong.
In your opinion of course and I wouldn't be so ignorant to think you aren't entitled to an opinion, and nor am I ignorant enough to say i'm right and anyone else is wrong.

The accused doesn't need to advertise the arrest, it's just about the biggest or 2nd biggest now thing on every form of social media.

Still no statement from the accused or his club. With all these damaging accusations you'd think they would want to put an end to rumours for the sake of him and his family.. The silence is deafening and not helping anyone.
If the accused officially confirmed he'd been accused, he'd be slaughtered, whether guilty or not IMO.

Look at the abuse players are getting just because they're 29 and play in London.

If the accused officially confirmed he'd been accused, he'd be slaughtered, whether guilty or not IMO.

Look at the abuse players are getting just because they're 29 and play in London.
Yep I do agree with that, and that's why I feel the arrested person needs to be identified to stop the other poor sods getting dragged into it.

The arrested should be given a fair trial and he just maybe found innocent.

L
The media haven't done anyone any favours here, they've practically told everyone who it was without naming the suspect so in this instance if the player's team came out officially or unofficially people will just know they're lying.

Fingers should be pointed at the Police for this for releasing this much info into the public domain and the media for putting it all out there, it shouldn't be on the clubs to say anything because they have been backed into a corner.

I don’t know enough about the laws regarding what info the media can release but the way this has been done is a mess and has not helped anyone.

They don’t have to publcially do it. Rumours around Spurs where quickly shut down unofficially by source close to the club. All the trail leads one way because of the info the papers and one journalist in particular released.

Not saying Woolwich need to officially do it but they could shut it down using other means if their guy was not the one arrested.

"Unofficially"

You mean via the rumour mill?

I can see a flaw & an irony in that plan.

Btw what statement did Spurs make?

Last edited:
"Unofficially"

You mean via the rumour mill?

I can see a flaw & an irony in that plan.

paul o keefe who is close to our club made it clear it wasn’t one of our players, the speculation died down very quickly after that. He was even quoted on Arse Mania when they where wondering if it was one of ours.

Ornstein saying ‘’not an Woolwich player’’ would kill the rumours around their players quickly. Off course for him to say this it would 100% have to not be an Woolwich player.

It would if any involvement was categorically denied. That's exactly how you put a stop to the individual's suffering.
As mentioned, Ben Davies felt the need as he didn't want his family to be put through the mill.

That's his perogative, but it won't satiate the publics thirst for scandal.

There are failings from all parties here (no pun intended) . Did the police need to release a statement saying a 29 year old premier league footballer from North London? no they didn't, they could have said a 29 year old male.
Did club reporters need to twee that the accused was in Germany when he clearly wasn't.. etc etc etc.

Poorly handled and the reason behind so many rumours and cruel comments.

Oh it would.. Ben Davies posted a picture from his honeymoon and straight away the majority of us stopped thinking he was in the frame. That's how easy it is.
That was nipped in the bud on the day it was announced when people in here stated he was on honeymoon. It still didn't stop latecomers talking about Davies as a potential suspect because he's 29.

Do you honestly believe that there aren't people out there WANTING it to be a player of another team so they can vent their hatred, thinking they have the moral high ground?

If you do then you're due a rude awakening in the real World.

Fair enough. If he did it then they are fucked either way, silence or admittance. The media have made one guy prime suspect by leaving clues around. It’s not an easy situation, personally If he is not the person I would get the word out via back channels to end the speculation.

And what if it is him?

Feed him (and his family) to the wolves way before any charge (let alone a verdict)?

paul o keefe who is close to our club made it clear it wasn’t one of our players, the speculation died down very quickly after that. He was even quoted on Arse Mania when they where wondering if it was one of ours.

Ornstein saying ‘’not an Woolwich player’’ would kill the rumours around their players quickly. Off course for him to say this it would 100% have to not be an Woolwich player.

......Ergo the flaw in this plan.

Last edited:
And what if it is him?

Feed him (and his family) to the wolves way before any charge (let alone a verdict)?

If it is him, then I don’t know I guess silence is the only option but the media have left a trail of breadcrumbs leading straight his way. It’s fucked up.

Yep I do agree with that, and that's why I feel the arrested person needs to be identified to stop the other poor sods getting dragged into it.

The arrested should be given a fair trial and he just maybe found innocent.

That's not how the law works.

You don't get a trial unless you are actually charged with a crime .

.........Yet you want someone's name dragged through the mud in the meantime

Back
Top Bottom