Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've already replaced Vinicius and Bergwijn with Richarlison who can play in multiple positions.

Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lucas and Perisic (can play in wide positions if needs be) is more than enough.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if we sign an attacking midfielder or another for the front three. Would actually be a little bit surprised if we don't.

CLOSE
So Close Collider Video GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

That's all relative though. It's easy for us to say 'on our sort of money halving or doubling would be huge, but it wouldn't for a PL footballer'. Some poor fucker earning peanuts in the third world would most likely say the same about us, i.e. that halving or doubling their wage would dramatically change their life, possibly be the difference between life or death for them and family, whereas for most of us that's probably not the case, we'd probably just have to massively change our lifestyle - downsize the house, downsize the car (or get rid completely), stop buying luxuries etc. For PL player earning £80k, a drop to £40k would mean similar for their lifestyle, just at a different level.

It's all relative, and you'd be hard-pushed to find anyone in the world who would happily halve their salary, certainly at least without complaining that it made a significant difference to their lifestyle.

I can't figure out if you're disagreeing with my comment or not. But your point is exactly the same as mine. I couldn't halve my salary as it just about covers my outgoings.
If some one has outgoings of £50k a week they need to take a long hard look at themselves. If that was my salary and I had aspirations of playing for my country and, potentially earning more BY playing, I'd take the pay cut and leave. I wouldn't turn up to training every day knowing I was nowhere near playing. I'd be embarrassed tbh.

Ive never been one to slate a player who wears our shirt and never will but Its a ridiculous market , although i agree with your statement winks has a dearth of prem expierience ,possibly has his prime years to come and will have an english tax on him which clubs would be willing to pay because of the 'rules' so is very sellable .

For the record, I don't think he is worth much at all.
But someone does

:levyeyes:

I can't figure out if you're disagreeing with my comment or not. But your point is exactly the same as mine. I couldn't halve my salary as it just about covers my outgoings.
If some one has outgoings of £50k a week they need to take a long hard look at themselves. If that was my salary and I had aspirations of playing for my country and, potentially earning more BY playing, I'd take the pay cut and leave. I wouldn't turn up to training every day knowing I was nowhere near playing. I'd be embarrassed tbh.

But someone does

Mo' money, mo' problems yo...

Though tbf I'm not sure whether that supports or counters your argument...

I reckon Harry Wink' outgoings do probably exceed yours though.

I'm buzzing. Since I'm a single full time Dad, I've not had the chance to visit the new stadium yet.

Booked tickets to Fulham at home on September 3rd, and to make it extra special I've booked the Half Way line club.

Can't wait to see Conte's tricky whites fuck Fulham up.

man i wish the CB wasn't Lenglet.

It's slightly underwhelming but then I thought the same of Kulu and Bentancur. If he had been bought at the tail end of the window when we were desperate I would be worried. Buying him at this stage suggests we have done some homework on him even if he wasn't first choice.

Mo' money, mo' problems yo...

Though tbf I'm not sure whether that supports or counters your argument...

I reckon Harry Wink' outgoings do probably exceed yours though.

Of course his outgoings exceed mine. By multiples.

But I bet he has at least 80% of his income as excess money.
I've probably got 10% of mine.

But someone does

I dont think hes as bad a player as hes made out to be.

Back
Top Bottom