Spursplay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The best thing would be to get a google chromecast for your TV - it's about £30 (currently available at Argos)

This will allow you to cast from your phone or laptop to the TV. It's not just for Spurs player, it will let you cast Netflix, Prime or anything that you're looking at on a Google Chrome web page on your TV.

As suggested you can just run a HDMI cable from your laptop too but it's not the best solution.

I have managed to Cast Spursplay from the laptop and the phone, it's not too hard, I promise!

Seen 202 Days, The Lane and Home Again, all were great watches, I thought the Lane was excellent in fairness.

The best thing would be to get a google chromecast for your TV - it's about £30 (currently available at Argos)

This will allow you to cast from your phone or laptop to the TV. It's not just for Spurs player, it will let you cast Netflix, Prime or anything that you're looking at on a Google Chrome web page on your TV.

As suggested you can just run a HDMI cable from your laptop too but it's not the best solution.

I have managed to Cast Spursplay from the laptop and the phone, it's not too hard, I promise!

Seen 202 Days, The Lane and Home Again, all were great watches, I thought the Lane was excellent in fairness.
Thanks for that, I'll give that a go. :)

I know what you mean, but this is pretty niche and is targeting a specific audience so will probably be seen differently for most. I suspect that its largely a PR exercise and aimed at non-uk based fans ultimately. They’re obviously aiming to make some profit, but I think it may be partly about raising the club profile abroad too. Of course there’s every chance I’m wrong though!
I’m happy to get it at £35 with my membership discount, but £45 may have been too much for me. Its a one off annual purchase that will come out of my footie fund rather than an ongoing thing like my Netflix or Spotify. I think many people will see it that way too.
I do think they should have given it free to season ticket holders or at least a slightly higher discount than members though.

Should defo be free for ST holders.

Members should get the £10 discount....

I think this is amazing for fans living abroad , it’s very difficult to find streams and/or good quality coverage (and match of the day is blocked)

It really isn't. Match threads are usually dripping with links..... Just bookmark a bunch of the websites and then have a sniff around 15mins before kickoff.

So you can't cast your computer desktop with it? ......Just apps?

Anyone know of something that does? ........Essentially like HDMI but without the cable?

Last edited:
So you can't cast your computer desktop with it? ......Just apps?

Anyone know of something that does? ........Essentially like HDMI but without the cable?

The chromecast will not cast your desk top, weird distinction but it's not screen mirroring.

Though oddly if you use an Android phone you can mirror anything on your phone.

You can cast any content on Google Chrome though.

Edit - if you have a Smart TV, some offer 'screen mirroring' which allows you to treat your TV as an extra monitor to your PC. My sony TV does this but it's flakey for sharing video playback.

Last edited:
Signed up and watched the 202 days Antonio Conte documentary. Really enjoyed re-living the season. Fantastic stuff.

He downloaded the chromecast app, but for whatever reason, it wasn't happening, Anyway, I've ordered one and will pick it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can set it up myself, after all, I did manage to set up the TV :)
The chromecast app won't do anything unless you have the physical device plugged into the TV.

Once you get one, it's a doodle to set up.

Back
Top Bottom