Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£30 million Atletico Madrid midfielder Rodrigo de Paul has turned down a move to the Premier League and Tottenham Hotspur this summer, as reported by Tuttomercatoweb.

Tenacious yet technically gifted in equal measure, De Paul possesses a lot of the attributes Antonio Conte wants from a central midfield player. Or Diego Simeone, for that matter.

Just look at the way he performed in Argentina’s Copa America final triumph over Brazil last summer. A performance full of fire as well as finesse. De Paul is a ball-player and a ball-winner rolled into one, and a natural-born leader to boot.

“De Paul is an important player on the pitch, both with and without the ball,” Albiceleste captain Lionel Messi said of the former Udinese captain.

“Little by little, we got to know each other and I am happy to play with him.” Pierpaolo Marino, shortly before selling the one-time Leeds United target to Simeone’s La Liga giants (FC Inter News).

“His performances are the result of a incredible class combined with lots of hard work and sacrifice.

“De Paul is a tireless worker. I would put him among the best captains I’ve ever had in my teams for the seriousness he always demonstrates.”

The one-time Valencia youngster found life tough during his debut season in Spain, however, impressing only sporadically for an Atletico side who failed miserably to retain their La Liga title.

But, according to Tuttomercatoweb, De Paul is not going to give up on his Atletico career so soon. He would not be the first player to take some time adapting to Simeone’s energy-sapping style. The 28-year-old has turned down Conte’s Spurs, as well as an ambitious Fiorentina outfit.

It is not certain how serious Tottenham’s interest was. Or, for that matter, when Spurs made their interest known. Was it before Fabio Paratici succeeded in luring Yves Bissouma away from Brighton?

The similarities between the two players suggests that may be the case.
Well there goes my Ro Paul's drag race reference!

The unpermables:
Steve Ogrizovic
Carlos valderama
Henrik larsen
Jonjo Shelvey
Nuno
Milner

For every other player / manager I agree. Bielsa would rock it. So too would Kulu
I bet Conte considered it while he was selecting his new look at the "Hair today, gone tomorrow" Salon!

Last edited:
Lo Celso would look ridiculous with a perm... He should stick to his clean cut look...

Ndombele might just get away with it!
KBxG.gif

...I don't know either....
Blame Google Image search!

think I saw this as a kid. Note, I wasn't born in 1972

Yet I WAS born in 1972... but haven't seen it!
Blaxploitation film wasn't it?
Possibly - as a kid watching it, it was just a film about a bloke with 2 heads and plenty of gags.
I don't really remember the ins and outs, I just remember the image really.
The Man With Two Brains was better.

Ugh, please stop.

Your kind is a blight on this earth. The lowest of the low.

Be a normal person on this forum please, ITK nonsense isn't welcome here.

Disgusting post and bang out of order. VY is no 'hercules' and has always posted decent stuff, regardless of your stance on itk (which I agree for the most part is bullshit).

Calling him a 'blight on the earth' though? Bin vote cast. Suggest you apologise or delete your account.

Disgusting post and bang out of order. VY is no 'hercules' and has always posted decent stuff, regardless of your stance on itk (which I agree for the most part is bullshit).

Calling him a 'blight on the earth' though? Bin vote cast. Suggest you apologise or delete your account.
I will cut you goat.

Grown men offering transfer hints on message boards... it's fucking embarrassing. I for one am damned proud that this forum has historically been so unwelcoming to these charlatans and fantasists.

Back
Top Bottom