Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need a homegrown attacking midfielder, preferably one from Leicester.

Any suggestions?
Sneaky.

Watching You Tina Fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I will cut you goat.

Grown men offering transfer hints on message boards... it's fucking embarrassing. I for one am damned proud that this forum has historically been so unwelcoming to these charlatans and fantasists.

Nothing to be proud of. I agree that most ITKS are charlatans and fantasists. But VY isn't one of those.

And for the record, if that's your attitude, I'd much rather keep VY and jettison you! That's it, goodbye, the end.

Can somebody with knowledge of the market list players that are possible options? Hypothetically if we were to spend £80m on a player that fits this mould (and realistically would come to us), who would it be?
I know that Julian Brandt has been told that he can leave Dortmund according to Sky Germany.

56 assists in 259 Bundesliga games (49 goals as well). Can play both as a AM, RW and LW.

Ugh, please stop.

Your kind is a blight on this earth. The lowest of the low.

Be a normal person on this forum please, ITK nonsense isn't welcome here.
You can disagree, yes, but you can do it in a civilized way. For you, it may be considered "normal" to throw insults at people thinking you'll "win" the argument but in this case, it's just a reflection of yourself.

Last edited:

No way did Spurs hating pro United/Liverpool United just say this?!!

Spurs really are building something​

Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth:
"Tottenham fans must be thinking, 'what is going on in this transfer window because normally we're used to them waiting until the last week or deadline day to complete their signings.
"But there has been a real push from Antonio Conte and Fabio Paratici to say, 'we want to get our business done early, we're now in the Champions League and a different market than we were in before.
"When you look at the six signings they've made, this is turning into Conte and Paratici's Tottenham. Signing a player like Ivan Perisic is a signing Conte would've pushed for, Fraser Forster is cover for Hugo Lloris.
"It feels like the loan signing of Clement Lenglet means he has another defender in mind. Conte could have one eye on Alessandro Bastoni's contract situation at Inter Milan.
"Maybe if he doesn't sign a new deal, they can swoop in for him next summer. Spurs really are building something."

What kind of centre back are we after? Hard to improve on Romero. Dier is a key player now. Top targets at LCB seemingly not available.

So probably we're looking at buying depth - and specifically CCB. Last season showed that when Dier's out it is a problem for us.

This is a position for an experienced player - ideally a Bonucci (35 yo), prepared to play a few less games. A bit like Chelsea signing Silva. More realistically someone like Varane, perhaps, who has lost some of his pace but would still be capable backup, and might be gettable after the season he has had. We could do with another old head at the back.

Back
Top Bottom