Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s fucking relentless isn’t he Conte? Absolutely brilliant. What we have needed for 20 years. The kick up the ass Daniel Levy has needed. You can’t be successful and go down the route we were going before unfortunately with today’s Oil teams. It’s time to mix it with the big boys and finally we’re doing it.
20 years ago we wouldn't have hired a guy like Conte, because we wouldn't have been able to back him. Levy isn't spending because Conte is giving him a kick up the ass. It's because he can now spend that he hired Conte. I mean, how difficult is it to grasp.??

I will cut you goat.

Grown men offering transfer hints on message boards... it's fucking embarrassing. I for one am damned proud that this forum has historically been so unwelcoming to these charlatans and fantasists.

Who the fuck are you to say that, it's just as 'embarrassing' posting on a forum speaking to strangers all day, so what...just put him on ignore if you don't like his posts

What kind of centre back are we after? Hard to improve on Romero. Dier is a key player now. Top targets at LCB seemingly not available.

So probably we're looking at buying depth - and specifically CCB. Last season showed that when Dier's out it is a problem for us.

This is a position for an experienced player - ideally a Bonucci (35 yo), prepared to play a few less games. A bit like Chelsea signing Silva. More realistically someone like Varane, perhaps, who has lost some of his pace but would still be capable backup, and might be gettable after the season he has had. We could do with another old head at the back.
The ideal signing for me would be Guehi at Palace. He looks a real organiser and leader at a young age and could ultimately replace Dier.

So assuming Spence is done at 20m (with add-ons) then we've done:

- Perisic: Free
- Forster: Free
- Bissouma: 30m
- Richarlison: 60m
- Lenglet: Loan
- Spence: 20m

Total incomings: 110m

CCV - 6m
Bergjwin - 27m

Total outgoings: 33m

Current net spend: 77m

Likely sales:
- Winks: 15m
- Reguilon: 20m
- Gio: 20m

Potential additional sales:
- Rodon: 15m
- Emerson: 20m

If our likely sales go through we'd be at 22m net spend. Any additional sales and we will have a negative net spend.

We still have plenty of ammo to make a big statement.

I think the 6 signings have massively improved the squad and made us more complete but if we really want to be an elite team we need a final push.

Pau Torres and Lautauro Martinez for 100m - GET IT DONE!
We’ve also got 6 in and only shifted 1. Wages are a massive factor

The name escapes me.

JamesIEngland.jpg

Is that next year's kit? Not sure about the white socks.

Something not right at Lester..... I'd be wary of anyone connected with the club right now..... Either Rodgers's days are numbered or there's some toxic types at play.

It might be that the owners aren't sure which either.
If they get out of the window having kept Maddison, Barnes, Dewsbury, Justin, Schmeichel, Tielemans, Vardy, Kelechi etc they will be fine. They need a centre half though

Winks, Lo Celso , Ndombele out or loaned do you think?
Was listening to the Gold podcast. Consensus is that there is very little money abroad. In normal times Winks, Reggie and Lo Celso should be easy to shift. Lo Celso particularly, cl semi finalist and starter for Argentina who are on an unbelievable run of form. We’re stuck with fatty though, 3 years left in contract no fucker is buying

Lloris/Forster/Austin
Romero/Sanchez/Dier/Lenglet/Davies/Bastoni
Doherty/Spence/Perisic/Sessegnon
Bissouma/Hojbjerg/Bentancur/Skipp
Kulusevski/Moura/Kane/Son/Richarlison/Martinez

tenor.gif

Rodon (loan), Tanganga (loan), Carter-Vickers (Celtic £7m), Reguilon (Seville?), Royal (Madrid?), Winks (?), Lo Celso (Villarreal?), NDombele (Subway mascot), Bergwijn (Ajax £25m), Clarke (Sunderland £10m)

There's got to be at least £100m there. We've already banked a reported £42m so, £15m each for Winks, Lo Celso, Reguilon and Royal really does sound doable... on a forum...

giphy.webp

Bastoni and Martinez aren't especially the targets that we should go for. Those names were included as an example. It could be anyone but, if two more signings the 'size' of those two names joined, we really would have a squad to not only compete, but a whole lot more... and then some, even with only a 23 man squad

Doherty was signed as a wing back, we have been playing him at right back. He was terrible. So we signed Reguilon and Royal to play as full backs, but play them as wing backs. They were terrible

Doherty, Spence, Perisic, Sessegnon are all wing backs. Don't forget, Conte turned Victor Mosses into a league title winning wing back (no disrespect Vic). Imagine him working with actual wing backs. The sky is the limit for Spence and Sessegnon, under the guidance of two older, experienced pros and our manager

Saturday

Forster

Sanchez - Dier [c] - Bastoni

Doherty - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Sessegnon

Moura - Martinez - Richarlison​
after 60 mins

Forster

Sanchez - Dier [c] - Bastoni

Spence - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Perisic

Kulusevski - Kane - Son​

Wednesday

Lloris [c]

Romero - Lenglet - Davies

Spence - Bissouma - Bentancur - Perisic

Kulusevski - Kane - Son​
after 60mins

Lloris [c]

Romero - Lenglet - Davies

Doherty - Bissouma - Bentancur - Sessegnon

Moura - Martinez - Richarlison​

U21s should probably be left out of Champions League squad. Let's face it, we don't even know if they are ready for the premier league yet, let alone the premium European competition

A Premier league subs bench at a top club is a massive step for some of them. Players like Parrott or White, Devine, Scarlett e.t.c. would all qualify for the B squad in Europe so we'd have 'some' involved at the very least (unless they are loaned out of course)

Gil and Sarr may well be sent out on loan but then, they may well be included in the Premier League squad too. That's Conte's choice, and he should know what's best for their, and all of our younger player's development

Anyway, that's a lot to move on and get in lol... If only it was as easy as posting on a forum

giphy.webp

20 years ago we wouldn't have hired a guy like Conte, because we wouldn't have been able to back him. Levy isn't spending because Conte is giving him a kick up the ass. It's because he can now spend that he hired Conte. I mean, how difficult is it to grasp.??
It's like when Levy gets criticised for us only finishing 5th despite him being the reason expectations are so high these days...

Ok, the £150m have to be drawn down this year. It’s unclear if it has to be spent this year or this accounting year though isn’t it?
Agreed, the £150m has to be drawn down this year otherwise is not available.

Once the money is in the bank its up to Spurs when they spend the money - cash is fungible anyway - and was said to be spent to give 'greater financial flexibility and the ability to further invest on and off the pitch'. The financial flexibility has been shown by being able to purchase players before selling others, whilst I think buying players costing £50m and enlarging the squad with better quality players would have been seen as too risky as well as possibly too costly without the capital injection.

My opinion/guess based on nothing but hearsay...

the club feels like they can get their main/a main world class CB in next summer so funds will be available to make that happen (and hence the Lenglet on loan deal).

but this summer, I think they may push on and go reasonably big on an attacking cm.

Just pure guesswork of course

fair summary.

I think Spurs want 2 CB's for preference, so if one top CB became available before end of the window I think we'd probably buy AND look to buy next summer after Lenglet's loan comes to an end.

Both the last two players are very much dependent on player availability (and other club's willingness to sell) more so than others we have acquired so far this window.

Back
Top Bottom