Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would you rate this addition on scale 1-10 (10 best)?

Very hard to rate. Spence has the speed, power and aggression of Walker but with better control and dribbling than him but with questionable attitude in the past and inexperience affecting his positional play and composure.

Spence is going to be either Alexander Arnold or Reece James level or he is going to be a disappointment. I think somewhere in the middle is less likely. I would give it a 7/10 at the moment, he is our wildest signing.

Very hard to rate. Spence has the speed, power and aggression of Walker but with better control and dribbling than him but with questionable attitude in the past and inexperience affecting his positional play and composure.

Spence is going to be either Alexander Arnold or Reece James level or he is going to be a failure. I think somewhere in the middle is less likely. I would give it a 7/10 at the moment, he is our wildest signing.
From what I've seen he is definitely quick but don't think he has anywhere near Walker's speed.

That guy was/is a freak.

From what I've seen he is definitely quick but don't think he has anywhere near Walker's speed.

That guy was/is a freak.

He totalled Martinelli who is probably Woolwich’s quickest decent player. He has immense pace.

Edit: according to Google Walker has been recorded at 37kpm and Spence at 36kmp so almost as quick.

Early in the summer it was reported that Spence was Conte's first choice for RWB - seems strange that a foreign manager would have a player from the 2nd tier as his first choice but hey ho that's what the trusted sources said, with that in mind you have to rate the transfer higher than average, 8/9 out of 10

How would you rate this addition on scale 1-10 (10 best)?
It's a brave signing. I haven't seen loads of him, but I like the fact he played well in all the games against PL opposition. He's really fast and strong. I think he'll be good defensively in WB terms. He's good at hanging on to it, even when dribbling, which he does a lot. He'll help us stretch the play and create space for others but he's not got a TAA / Reece James final ball though, not even close. I'm expecting some inconsistency, but overall an exciting signing that ticks most of the boxes for RWB.

Back
Top Bottom