Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone know if David Pleat had anything to do with this signing. Pleaty has a good record scouting lower league talent, so would be a good sign if he rates him. Was key in getting Dele.

He hasn't been given a number yet.
Persisic is likely to get 14 (Rodon), Bissouma 8 (Winks), Lenglet 3 or 6 (Reg or Sanchez).
So Djed maybe will nick Royal's (12)?

Anyone know if David Pleat had anything to do with this signing. Pleaty has a good record scouting lower league talent, so would be a good sign if he rates him. Was key in getting Dele.
I actually think that we have to give Jose some credit on this one.

Jose knew of Spence from his Fulham youth days since he was a teammate of his son, and apparently pushed for us to scout and sign him when we faced Boro in the FA Cup.

Pleat may have been involved, as was Paul O'Keefe by the looks of it. But Jose also helped get our eyes on him.

I'd imagine Sessegnon's attacking dribbling statistics are shocking as he rarely beats his man, would be completely shocked if Perisic isn't nailed on first choice on the left hand side this season.

I still just don't see it in Sessegnon at all tbh.
Agree - no reason to think Sess is the long-term LWB option.

Players don't just suddenly become skillful or pacey and able to beat their man.
He is what he is, a steady eddy. But maybe he can be our next Ben Davies and be a solid contributor to the squad for many years and that's fine too.

I actually think that we have to give Jose some credit on this one.

Jose knew of Spence from his Fulham youth days since he was a teammate of his son, and apparently pushed for us to scout and sign him when we faced Boro in the FA Cup.

Pleat may have been involved, as was Paul O'Keefe by the looks of it. But Jose also helped get our eyes on him.

Very likely Pleat knew of him at Fulham academy where he was a very decent prospect - left in 2018 aged 17 (end of academy scholarship) when Fulham got promoted as he probably figured not a lot of first team opportunities in PL so went to another Championship club in Middlesbrough.

Agree - no reason to think Sess is the long-term LWB option.

Players don't just suddenly become skillful or pacey and able to beat their man.
He is what he is, a steady eddy. But maybe he can be our next Ben Davies and be a solid contributor to the squad for many years and that's fine too.

I think this season is a turning point for him at Spurs - injured most of first season, loaned out 2nd season to Germany doing 'alright' and even 'well' there, involved sporadically last season. Hopefully he takes advantage of Persic as a role model

I think this season is a turning point for him at Spurs - injured most of first season, loaned out 2nd season to Germany doing 'alright' and even 'well' there, involved sporadically last season. Hopefully he takes advantage of Persic as a role model

Crazy to think this is his 4th season as a Spurs payer!

You don't need to be a seasoned world class pro to tell Sess to stop turning inside and making the easy pass. Put a cross in. Beat the man and carry on into the box etc. Stop halting great breaks.

You don't need to be a seasoned world class pro to tell Sess to stop turning inside and making the easy pass. Put a cross in. Beat the man and carry on into the box etc. Stop halting great breaks.

A season where he is consistently fit, well coached by Conte's team and able to learn from Persic how to be a top wing back should tell us whether he can cure bad habits

A season where he is consistently fit, well coached by Conte's team and able to learn from Persic how to be a top wing back should tell us whether he can cure bad habits
He's like Royal with a bit more but not enough more. He goes a bit further up the pitch before getting disoriented and confused.

Back
Top Bottom