Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being a club's, a leagues and an international top scorer is a decent career achievement for a striker tbf.

Needs to really hammer the England record so no one catches him any time soon though.

Charlton record stood for ages before Rooney broke it. Then Kane comes along and Catches Rooney PDQ.

I never read the comments, they get me so annoyed. Then I think that these people are just sad individuals who obviously have nothing else in their lives but jealousy and resentment. Harry has a great career, a loving family and a secure retirement, so we all know who has the last laugh.
They are dickheads!

The GOAT. Check his goals to starts stats.

ENGLAND
GamesGoalsGPG
1ROONEY120530.442
2KANE73500.685
3CHARLTON106490.462
4LINEKER80480.600
5GREAVES57440.772
Starts
KANE61500.820

I think if you end up on the top of scoring charts, you want some of those goals to have directly secured trophies.

In the main I think that leaves the legacy that cannot be questioned and silences most dissenting voices.
This is true. I mean Son vs City in CL and Lucas vs Ajax are the kind of performances people will remember . Kane has to turn it on in one of the finals...or lead us to a title or something . Other than spurs fans , not many will remember him if he just does bread and butter stuff and doesnt turn up when it matters most.

This is true. I mean Son vs City in CL and Lucas vs Ajax are the kind of performances people will remember . Kane has to turn it on in one of the finals...or lead us to a title or something . Other than spurs fans , not many will remember him if he just does bread and butter stuff and doesnt turn up when it matters most.

100%.

Defining moments.

Clearest example. Neymar has scored more goals for Brazil than the Brazilian Ronaldo.

Neymar is a very good player but won't get a mention in the same breath as Ronaldo because when it mattered the original Ronaldo nearly always showed up.

It makes a big difference.

100%.

Defining moments.

Clearest example. Neymar has scored more goals for Brazil than the Brazilian Ronaldo.

Neymar is a very good player but won't get a mention in the same breath as Ronaldo because when it mattered the original Ronaldo nearly always showed up.

It makes a big difference.
A good question is whether Bale or Kane will have a greater legacy as the best British player of their generation (from 2010-2025). Kane has the numbers while Bale's got the trophies and 'key' moments/goals on the biggest stage.

A good question is whether Bale or Kane will have a greater legacy as the best British player of their generation (from 2010-2025). Kane has the numbers while Bale's got the trophies and 'key' moments/goals on the biggest stage.

Bale is the more influential player. A freak of a footballer in many respects.

Kane may be the better all round footballer but Bale is the player I would rather have had in our biggest games.

Not in question for me.

Bale is the more influential player. A freak of a footballer in many respects.

Kane may be the better all round footballer but Bale is the player I would rather have had in our biggest games.

Not in question for me.
The whole 'all around' argument doesn't do it for me. Someone like Steven Gerrard or Paul Scholes are probably better 'all around' footballers than Brazilian Ronaldo in terms of what they do in all areas of the pitch but no one would consider one of them remotely comparable to Brazilian Ronaldo.

The whole 'all around' argument doesn't do it for me. Someone like Steven Gerrard or Paul Scholes are probably better 'all around' footballers than Brazilian Ronaldo in terms of what they do in all areas of the pitch but no one would consider one of them remotely comparable to Brazilian Ronaldo.

Maybe but you would have a much closer debate in a pub with 100 football fans on who they would want in their team (in their prime) between Bale and Kane.

And I say Bale every time, in a big match that is.

Maybe but you would have a much closer debate in a pub with 100 football fans on who they would want in their team (in their prime) between Bale and Kane.

And I say Bale every time, in a big match that is.
We'll see - Harry's still got 3-5 years left in his prime so the perception can change. We just need to win a few trophies over the next couple years.

Back
Top Bottom