Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree. Just got back from the game, and apart from the pub before hand the day was like watching paint dry. With risk of another sin binning, I feel the Portuguese idiot has lost the plot. We do nothing to feed the striker, and to be honest I can see that lot up the road giving us another stuffing next week.

AVB OUT
I wouldnt go as far as AVB out. Maybe Lamela in..

Totally agree. Just got back from the game, and apart from the pub before hand the day was like watching paint dry. With risk of another sin binning, I feel the Portuguese idiot has lost the plot. We do nothing to feed the striker, and to be honest I can see that lot up the road giving us another stuffing next week.

AVB OUT
grumpy-cat-part1-2-12-092020192.png

I'm.... fuck it I'm going to go eat

and to be honest I can see that lot up the road giving us another stuffing next week.

Based on what? You didnt see anything defensively from our midfield and back four to think we can deal with their fucking shit forwards?

You might be the forum wind up, but fuck off with that shit a week before we play the Scum. Whatever you think of AVB, if you cant get behind him and the team before the NLD, you may as well give your ST away to someone who gives a fuck.

Fuck Woolwich. Bigging them cunts up for?

All things considered a decent performance. Paulinho is going to be such a force for us. Absolutely everywhere again. Weak links for me were Rose and Walker, who as always are great with the ball at their feet but don't necessarily have the delivery to properly supply crosses. Lamela would have this team ticking but even if he does sign its going to take him a while to get acclimated.

Midweek game is a perfect opportunity to slot Holtby in a more creative role and see how he does. Whether thats a bit deeper or in behind the striker remains to be seen. Massive game on Sunday that has the possibility, like the past two seasons, to determine the course of both teams' seasons. A win will see their home crowds further deteriorate (how is it possible to get any worse you may ask) and will see us further build our confidence. Hate the fact that its come so quickly and that our business isn't done yet but I think we can pull it off.

I also have a feeling that if the score would of been the other way round, which it could of easily been, everyone would have a problem with that. Seems like to be on this forum you have to love absolutely everything Spurs and cant have an opinion that will be perceived as insulting towards us.

Half of those shots probably from outside of the box missing by a mile. I want a nice clear cut chance. To be fair Vorm did make a couple great saves, but you have to expect keeps to be good in the premiership. If we cant score from open play, its going to be hard to win at the end of the day.

Do you honestly believe every goal this season will be a penalty. Dont be stupid, its our second game and we have 5 different starters, 4 new at the club. We were wasteful, but we still had 5 clear cut chances on target and the keeper made some great saves, and one off the line.

How on earth can anyone enjoy a game when we have practically no chances to score other than from penalties? Yeah we held the ball. Yeah we passed it around. But we made nothing.

You did say you were at the game? Vorm was their MOTM need anyone say anything else..........Think you should lay off the booze before a game mate, it either distorts you vision or you were so pissed you were whatching a completely different game.

You did say you were at the game? Vorm was their MOTM need anyone say anything else..........Think you should lay off the booze before a game mate, it either distorts you vision or you were so pissed you were whatching a completely different game.
Not hard to be their man of the match...

AVB OUT

giphy_zps56c94356.gif

Andre Villas-Boas confirmed today that Tottenham Hotspur will move to sign the Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches from Steau Bucharest before the transfer deadline on Monday, after his side beat Swansea City 1-0 at White Hart Lane.

A second Roberto Soldado penalty of the season won the game for Spurs and afterwards, Villas-Boas said that the 23-year-old Chiriches was a player that the club was interested in. He joked that they may lose him as they had done with Willian to Chelsea. Villas-Boas said: “Vlad Chiriches, there is an interest in the player. Maybe somebody steals him as well!

“I'm telling you we have looked to strengthen our backline with the departure of Steven Caulker, last year we had Younes [Kaboul] injured for the season but we had five, so we are looking for the position and we are going to go ahead with our re-strengthening.”

The Spurs manager said that Gareth Bale had been given permission to go to Spain for a family holiday and therefore was not at the first home game of the season. He said that the player, whose move to Real Madrid is just days away, was still not fit to play and had not trained.

“I would like to tell you we never force non-selected players to be at our games, it's my decision from last season onwards. I think it was never a club decision from the past, it's something I did. The way that I run the squad, [injured] players are not obliged to be present in our games, so we allow these players two days off.”

Villas-Boas still maintained that there was still no guarantees about Bale’s departure. “Its very difficult for me to help you in this situation, there is interest from Real Madrid. I'm not sure if the transfer will happen or not. Hopefully you can have more news in the next couple of days, but at the moment, there is nothing I can tell you.”

On Willian’s decision to join Chelsea over Spurs, Villas-Boas said: “The answer that I want to tell you is Willian made a choice to join Chelsea and the only I can wish him is good luck because he is a person I have a good relationship and he has decided to join another club. Good luck to him ... he made a choice, that he feels is important for the development of his career, good luck to him.”

Villas-Boas praised the contribution of Andros Townsend who won a debatable decision to get the penalty. He said: “When he receives the ball he has one objective and that is to beat the man,and he is really adding to our game: bringing that light and spark into our game being a very explosive player. We gave him the opportunity bearing in mind what he did against Dinamo Tblisi and I think he took it very, very well.”

Villas-Boas said he was happy with his team's shape and insisted that the “new mentality” his latest recruits have brought to the squad was promising ahead of the derby game against Woolwich a week today.

“At the moment we have six points from two games, last year we had two points from three. Obviously we go to Woolwich, which is a different type of game, a great rivalry and anything can happen. We haven't been successful there over the last couple of years, we hope to take this [new] mentality forward to get a good result “.

Villas-Boas revealed Aaron Lennon missed today’s match with a pain in his foot but could be “back for the Woolwich game”. He refused to comment on reports linking Spurs with the Zenit St Petersburg attacker Hulk and Real Madrid's left-back Fabio Coentrao.

I also have a feeling that if the score would of been the other way round, which it could of easily been, everyone would have a problem with that. Seems like to be on this forum you have to love absolutely everything Spurs and cant have an opinion that will be perceived as insulting towards us.

We won. I didn't feel at any time we would surrender our lead seeing as for a change my heart beat wasn't at 180bpm for the final 5 minutes. This in itself is an improvement from previous years. Now the club are clearly looking to address the issue of creativity with the well documented failed bid for a player who would have broken our transfer record for the 3rd time in one window. What the fucking fuck is it you want from the club exactly?

We won. I didn't feel at any time we would surrender our lead seeing as for a change my heart beat wasn't at 180bpm for the final 5 minutes. This in itself is an improvement from previous years. Now the club are clearly looking to address the issue of creativity with the well documented failed bid for a player who would have broken our transfer record for the 3rd time in one window. What the fucking fuck is it you want from the club exactly?
A goal from open play maybe?

Back
Top Bottom