2022 Summer Transfer window: The Vote

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you rate the Transfer Window

Results are only viewable after voting.
I gave it a 7/10.

I'm looking at the bigger picture, after 2 more transfer windows (according to Conte) we'll see the state of our squad properly then.

7 for me. Overall it’s been a decent window and I think outside of Haaland, Bissouma will be considered the best signing of the summer once he’s integrated fully into the side.

The rating is really brought down with Emerson seemingly still first choice RWB.

The wing backs are SOOO important for the Conte system, and whilst I’m generally patient in ensuring we get the right player in, we really needed better for this season.

The guy is not a footballer. That’s not acceptable as an attacking outlet in this system.

This is my critieria...

...the actual criteria for this thread. And since I think we DID improve the team AND the squad BUT others were either starting from a better position, did as much as we did, or did a great deal more (plus, I was hoping we'd shed more deadwood so come January we'd have flexibility) = 6/10, just past the bare minimum required to keep us competitive...and by competitive I mean looking for the fourth place trophy hoping Arse aren't as good as they look; that ETH doesn't make this 3 game winning streak into something real; or that Chelsea and Liverpool will continue to struggle. Otherwise, we are going back to Qarabag.

And that's the point about the window, we didn't put destiny in our hands. And then I subtracted 1 point for the tragic denouement...a whimper not a bang, with the whole context of the window in place to see that we may have left ourselves short.

I mean, other's might not like my 'grade' but it would be in line with the test question and grading criteria.

I don't like the parameters of the question anymore and decline to score the window according to John's standards.

But I do respect your rationale for your response.

7 for me. Overall I think it’s been a decent window and I think outside of Haaland Bissouma will be considered the best signing of the summer once he’s integrated fully into the side.

The rating is really brought with Emerson seemingly still first choice RWB.

The wing backs are SOOO important for the Conte system, and whilst I’m generally patient in ensuring we get the right one, we really needed better out there.

The guy is not a footballer. That’s not acceptable as an attacking outlet in this system.
Looks like 7/10 or thereabouts will be the overall average rating. A little high in my opinion but at least it seems folks are being more measured and reasonable rather than the hysterical over reaction we've seen in years gone by.

Last edited:
I don't like the parameters of the question anymore and decline to score the window according to John's standards.

But I do respect your rationale for your response.
Of course you can use whatever standards you wish. It's a democratic vote, after all.

I honestly thought them fair though.

0/10 we do nothing and/or weaken the squad. 5/10 we do something but only the bare minimum to maintain competitively, . 10/10 we couldn't possibly have done any better !

6/10

This squad is good enough to finish in the top four with some luck and possibly even win a domestic cup, but that's it. Still too many average players in the XI's we see week in week out.

Conte didn't seem too excited either as he said in his presser that we have got no chance of competing with the big teams with our current squad.

Last edited:
7 for me. Overall it’s been a decent window and I think outside of Haaland, Bissouma will be considered the best signing of the summer once he’s integrated fully into the side.

The rating is really brought down with Emerson seemingly still first choice RWB.

The wing backs are SOOO important for the Conte system, and whilst I’m generally patient in ensuring we get the right player in, we really needed better for this season.

Emerson at RWB means we're defensive. He'd probably make a good RB in the right team.

Looks like 7/10 or thereabouts will be the overall average rating. A little high in my opinion but at least it seems folks are being more measured and reasonable rather than the hysterical over reaction we've seen in years gone by.
👍

If you take out Bissouma it goes to a 5 max for me. A lot of my rating is based on how much I think he’ll improve our side as the season progresses.

Spence is hard to judge because I like him but doesn’t seem the manager feels the same. Torn between giving it my rating, or saying it’s pointless if Conte doesn’t fancy him.

Of course you can use whatever standards you wish. It's a democratic vote, after all.

I honestly thought them fair though.

0/10 we do nothing and weaken the squad. 5/10 we do something but only the bare minimum. 10/10 we couldn't possibly have done any better !

I dislike questions like this, that force you to make a choice on what I consider to be a substandard premise. I still give it a 9, but mostly based on subtleties I find unaccounted for in the scoring standards.

-We signed a new club record signing that actually is going to cut it
-We avoided signing any albatross contracts
-We increased our stable of young talent
-We moved deadwood out from at least infecting the squad with bad attitudes; some of them have purchase clauses
-We preserved our war chest and ability to spend in the future
-Our squad is UNQUESTIONABLY better than it was last season

Interesting. We are 11th in Europe for fees committed over the last 10 years.

7th in Europe for 2022 for funds committed.

Not in top 20 for funds received last 10 or in 2022.

12th in Europe for net neg spend over 10 years.

8th neg net spend 2022.

Sorry my dude but is your handle "St Louis Ducks"? And whats the IA in the logo? Iowa? Can't wait to see how badly I interpreted these...
Haha you are correct on both! I am a big St. Louis Cardinals fan who lives in Iowa. I used to be an Oregon Duck fan back when I cared about college sports.

I combined them all for a username.

Iowa Spurs is a local fan group in the area.

We've not addressed everything but we have addressed issues and most importantly got it done early instead of fucking about up until the last day which I'll give levy credit for. I think conte wanted one more that he didn't get so 7/10 for me good window overall.

Interesting. We are 11th in Europe for fees committed over the last 10 years.

7th in Europe for 2022 for funds committed.

Not in top 20 for funds received last 10 or in 2022.

12th in Europe for net neg spend over 10 years.

8th neg net spend 2022.

OnLy InTeReStED iN pRoFiTs

Back
Top Bottom